• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,049 Views, 4,429 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,429
 8,049

PreviousChapters Next
Unbonded Elements, by FoME and Masterweaver

(FoME)

The Canterlot Mall was not, despite its name, the only mall in Canterlot. It was the first, one of the largest, and in this age of e-commerce—and the first speculative whispers of m-commerce—the one least riddled with unoccupied storefronts.

It also had what CHS almost universally held to be the best food court in the county, though no one would’ve guessed that by the expression of the girls at one table, or how they picked at the remnants of their lunch.

Pinkie slurped at the melting ice cubes in her cup, groaned, and slapped her face down on the table. “Boooored!”

Dash scowled. “Could they have at least called us or something?”

As if in response, a noisemaker and a bird call sounded out. Pinkie and Fluttershy checked their phones. “Twilight and Sunset just did,” said Pinkie.

“So did Applejack and Rarity,” said Fluttershy. “They—“

“Let me guess.” With a twist of her wrist, Dash curled her hair into a fair facsimile of Rarity’s, then faux-swooned. “Oh, dearest, darling Applejack, I’ve been so very lost in your gorgeous eyes that I’ve gone and made us unfashionably late! Let’s send our friends some lame excuse and get back to what really matters, each other!” The curl undid itself as Dash crossed her arms and scowled. “Gag me.”

Pinkie gawked at her. “How did you do that?”

Dash gave her a flat look. “You of all people don’t get to ask that question.”

“… Yeah, that’s fair.”

“How did you do that?” said Fluttershy.

“Rarity knows how I feel about beauty stuff. When she bothers to give me hair goop suggestions, I know they’re worth checking out.” Dash leaned back, glaring up at the ceiling. “Though all she’s checking out these days is Applejack.”

After a moment, Fluttershy said, “You’re not jealous, are you?”

“Of them?” Dash shrugged as she resettled herself. “I’m happy they're happy, I just wish they remembered that the rest of the world’s still here.”

Pinkie nodded. “Yeah, no-shows are never fun.”

“As for Twi and Sunset…” Dash sighed. “Okay, a lot of the time, they really are working on something really important, but sometimes I have to wonder. But it’s not just that.”

“What is it?” said Fluttershy.

“There’s almost this…” Dash shrugged. “I don’t know, just this look people get around us lately. Like they’re wondering which of the three of us will end up together.”

“What?”

“Us?” Pinkie looked around, as if looking for other girls to ship. ”Really?”

“We’ve got a religion half-worshipping us. We’re kind of a big deal.” Dash managed a cocky smirk for a few seconds before going back to her previous disgruntlement. “Besides, you don’t spend as much time in a locker room as I do and not pick up on some gossip. Heck, the field hockey team’s got a betting pool going.” She gave a bitter laugh. ”Cloud Kicker even put five bucks on us ending up in some kind of long-term threesome thing.”

The others’ jaws dropped. Pinkie choked out a “Seriously?”

“Seriously. She’s lucky she’s not still running laps. No offense, but being with Fluttershy would be like dating my own sister, and Pinkie…” Dash shook her head. “Yeah, I don’t know if even I could keep up with you.”

Pinkie nodded. “I know. Sometimes I can’t keep up with me!”

“I know I couldn’t,” said Fluttershy.

“Does anyone here even like girls like that?” added Pinkie.

Dash shrugged. “Doesn’t matter to the betting pool.”

After a few moments of thoughtful silence, Fluttershy said, “I think we should talk to the others about this.”

“What, the school shipping us or them leaving us hanging?” said Dash.

“Both.”

“Yeah, probably.” After a moment, Dash turned to a strangely quiet, contemplative looking Pinkie. “You okay there, Pinkie?”

“I think so? I just have this sense that we’re making a lot of people really sad, but I can’t tell who.”

“Hey, it’s not like we aren’t friends anymore. Whoever wants to see us do romantic junk will just have to suck it up.”

(Masterweaver)

"Or bribe the Wholesome to film custom videos," added a passing Lemon Hearts.

Rainbow Dash paled. "Oh no. No no no no—"

"Relax." Pinkie grabbed her shoulder. "Chrysalis has told her children not to film themselves imitating anyone. And she can enforce it too."

"Oh good." Rainbow frowned. "Wait, how do you know—"

"I may not be allowed to join until majority," Pinkie said primly, "but nobody said anything about research."

"True," Fluttershy said.

Rainbow stared at her. "Wait, you're thinking of joining?"

"The sexual aspect doesn't appeal to me," Fluttershy admitted, "but the social tolerance and attempt to help everyone is sort of my speed, you know?"

Author's Note:

I don't want to shut the door entirely on pairings between these three, but they've wanted to have this conversation for some time, and Pinkie more or less twisted my arm until I put it up in a publically viewable format.

PreviousChapters Next