• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,049 Views, 4,429 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,429
 8,049

PreviousChapters Next
Derponic Consultation, by SaintAbsol

"Is there some reason I'm here and not spending time with my time displaced daughter?" Seeing Ditzy Doo angry at someone was a pretty rare sight, all things considered. Her normally bubbly personality meant she tended to be easygoing, but interrupting some planned bonding time with Dinky was apparently enough to pop those bubbles.

Even if it was the local deity doing the interrupting.

"I'm sorry, Ditzy," Sunset Shimmer said, leading the way through the orchards of Sweet Apple Acres. "But, as strange as it might sound, I think you'll know more about what we're dealing with than anyone else I know."

Ditzy's eyes blinked just out of sync with each other. "...what do you mean?"

Sunset sighed, holding out one of her hands to the nearest tree. "I mean... this." Green energy started to flow off the apple tree, before gathering in Sunset's palm. Rather than just sitting there, the energy started to shift into a coherent shape: a glowing tree made of dark green energy surrounded by a green circle. "Look familiar?"

Ditzy could only stare as her eyes drifted out of alignment. "That... that..." She shook her head to clear it. "That's a mana symbol from Hocus Pocus: The Get-Together!"

"Yep." Sunset closed her hand and the energy burst apart, falling to the ground and causing the grass to grow all the way to her ankles. "It's started to gather here recently, and I was hoping you could help me find a way to disperse it. Sooner would be better than later, by the way."

"... Why do I get the feeling there's already a problem?"

"You'll know in about five seconds."

Right on cue, the a muffled boom sounded in the air, followed by another, then another, and another; Ditzy almost opened her mouth to protest when she realized Sunset was leading her toward those same booms, but Sunset held up her hand to halt any conversation as they rounded a hill.

"Howdy, Sunset, Ditzy, got any ideas on how to fix this yet?"

Ditzy staggered back as she looked up... way up... at Applejack. The earthen girl towered at over five stories tall; thankfully, she was clothed, but that just added to the strangeness of looking up at the fifty foot tall Apple. "I.. I..."

"We're working on it, AJ," Sunset said as she helped Ditzy back to her feet. "Just... hold on a bit longer."

Applejack shrugged. "As long as yer sure you can fix this, Ah ain't too worried. It's helpin' out with some chores, too, so Ah can't complain too much." She turned from her friends, can called out over the orchard. "Hey, Macintosh! You got those bushels in place?"

"Eeyup!" Macintosh's call was noticeably quieter than his sister's, but still audible.

"Alright, might wanna brace yerselves." AJ bent her knees slightly, and Ditzy could swear she actually heard her muscles bunching up, before launching herself skyward.

It was a bit surreal to see the massive figure of Applejack getting enough air on her jump to clear a good number of houses, but gravity did reassert itself eventually, and several tons of farm-girl slammed back to the ground. The impact knocked both Sunset and Ditzy off their feet, as well as nearly every apple off the trees of the orchard. As AJ pulled her boots out of the craters she had made, Ditzy and Sunset both looked at each other.

"So..." Sunset started. "I don't know how this works, but is those normal for this stuff?"

"Well, Green is known for making bigger and more powerful creatures; so, I suppose so." Ditzy put a hand to her chin in thought. "Maybe if we can find a source of Blue to counteract it..." Ditzy started muttering under her breath as she started to mentally toss around ideas to deal with the big apple girl.

Sunset just sighed, rubbing her temple. "I really hope this doesn't turn into a regular thing..."

Author's Note:

I swear I had nothing to do with this. Pentachromatic manifestations (manafestations?) are rare events in the Oversaturated World. Most of them happen around Ravnica High.

PreviousChapters Next