• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,953 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,953

PreviousChapters Next
Twelve Human Deities

I had some free time last night after flying BlueEyes home so I did some research on the twelve gods and goddesses. Thanks, DarkSparkle for letting me use the library :) And a hug to EverSpike for being so helpful :)

Now, I'm not a scholar or anything like that so don't be too upset with the quality, okay?

Zeus - we know him, we love/hate him. Somehow I skipped that he was kind of the gods and the one who started the Titan war. He’s also in charge of thunderclouds (my babe :))

Poseidon - the pretty boy. Still missing, controlling water and earthquakes. I think he's the most lovable one in a scary way.

Hades - the quiet emo in charge of Tartarus. Always misunderstood and brooding. Strangely, in good relations with the Titans.

(Now the new weird ones begin)

Hera - (as I like to call her, the evil *yay*) Goddess of marriage and family. She likes doing nasty things to people she doesn't like. Has a pet peacock.

Hestia - goddess of the home and architecture. A strange combination. I think DarkSparkle will love her. Sounds a bit of a nerd in a quirky way :)

Demeter - goddess of nature. Sounds like a cool mare. I can see her as an Earth Pony goddess.

Apollo - god of the sun, medicine and arts. This is an interesting one. From what I read, he's very much like Princess Celestia. I used to think the Princess was Zeus, but now no longer sure.

Artemis - goddess of the moon (and Apollo’s sister, my the way). She's responsible of animals and the hunt.

Ares - god of war. Sort of seems like King Sombra.

Aphrodite - goddess which is totally not Princess Cadence. (Goddess of love.) Also said to be of beauty and procreation. I somehow doubt this one would appear in the series.

Hermes - the trickster god of thieves and games. Also said to be the fastest being in existence. (I like him :))

Dionysus - god of wine, theatre and celebration. Sounds like the perfect god for Manehattan.

Phew that was a lot of writing. Now I must go to work or ponies will get cranky. @LyraHands: see you in an hour, right? :D

DaBoss

@BlueEyes: Pfft! You need somepony to fly you home and hold your wing? Scared to get lost in the dark night?

@DaBoss: I hope he's worth it, :P

CEOWitch

Ares - god of war. Sort of seems like King Sombra.

This is both so wrong and at the same time absolutely correct. I could see a Sombra like character appearing in the story, though personally I'd be against it.

I'm curious when the myth originated. Maybe it's possible that Ares is in fact the embodiment of King Sombra made by some scholar before the Empire vanished. With everypony forgetting about it it would have been seen as myth and grouped with the human myths.

Jade

I got the craziest thought! What if there actually were humans in Equestria once? Maybe something happen, related to dark magic and the gods, and their realm disappeared like the Crystal Empire did, and everypony forgot they ever existed.

If that's true… they might reappear at any point! What if they actually are reappearing? The strange magic things happening lately might be just that? What if the fact that MC has become so popular has started make ponies remember which in turn is starting to break the spell. :)))

PrinceEric

@PrinceEric: magic doesn't work like that. And trust me, it's highly unlikely.

Cool stuff about the deities. I agree, though that having them appear all at once would be a huge mistake. Ideally, if there's one new one per spinoff that would be awesome.

Three main gods for Everhere, 1 for Chosen, and 8 more for potential spinoffs. Sounds okay to me :) However, I doubt even that will happen. The way things are going each spinoff is based on a specific deity: Chosen is Poseidon, for example. Having the new ones appear will only add confusion.

Although, is definitely like me some Apollo.

LightSparkle

@DaBoss: You know what you've just done? We’ll all drown under the new wave of shipping! If Chosen wasn't bad enough, we now will have deities involved :/

Remember, all, the rules are still in place! You go too far, I'll remember. (And trust me I have a long memory!)

RRBB

@DaBoss: Okay… You're merciless. Still, sweet of you to fly your coltfriend home. :) Just for that and the awesome post I'll be there early. (Bob is sleeping anyway.)

I must admit all the new deities sound interesting, even if I can only imagine bad Fanfiction stories with them (I'm sorry, @Luna. O:)) Maybe it’s because there are so many of them all of a sudden. All this time we've only had three; even in the original Midnight Castle, gods were sort of like recurring characters that did something and were gone. Even Icelos (which I absolutely love in Everhere). It wasn't until Mistmount Chronicles that we got Zeus (and tall of another two). Everhere brought us Loki the Everprince, and there's much speculation that titans will be involved. To be honest, I hope the 12 deities thing is a false rumor.

LyraHands

Well, I've already said nothing good will come out of this. With that many gods, it'll be a greater challenge to find followers for each of them. What would happen? The gods will fight for followers? The followers will take turns?

I know it's “historical” (as in there are myths on the subject), but the beauty of storytelling is knowing what to take and what to leave behind. Taking 3 deities (focusing on two mostly and leaving the third a mystery) = good. Have 12 jumping round each other = bad.

MixaMax

Wow, you sure learn things fast and react to it. :) Well, I've been allowed to say there won't be any new deities… or would there? The 12 deities is something that has been discussed, but was dropped for various reasons, mistletoe because of overlap. (There are 3 deities that govern the family, 2 hunting, 2 love, etc.)

I can only say that something RELATED to the 12 god idea will appear, but in a way I doubt any of you would expect :)

@MixaMax: You should enjoy married life more!

Luna

@Luna: I hate you!

but in a way I doubt any of you would expect :)

Torture us some more, why don't you! Now I'm not sure I'll be able to wait two more weeks!

RRBB

@CEOWitch: you're just jealous!

BlueEyes

@BlueEyes: He’s no reason to be. We're an item now :)

Brush

Author's Note:

Huge request to all!
In the event that EqF fans go to Trotcon and manage to meet there, would it be possible for a group pic? :D

In lesser news Q&A is tentatively planned for Saturday 19:00 GMT Time. I'll post a link to the discord in tomorrow's chapter. Thank you, all, for making this happen! :D

PreviousChapters Next