• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,952 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,952

PreviousChapters Next
Everprince Analysis

Hey, all! First a big thanks to everyone who sent me puppy advice. I didn’t know half the things i read :( The pup is doing well now (it’s sitting on my head as a write this. More a kitten than a pup, but I don’t mind :).

Also a big shoutout to @Oopsy for managing to make his first plushie! It’s so cool! Please check it out! (*huggles Oopsy*).

Now the chapter. Mare, is it insane. I don’t know if there are just a lot of strong chapters, or this is the buildup to the finale, but I love it either way! For the very first time we have an Everprince chapter, but also not quite!

The chapter starts with Omni, Loki, and Armatus sitting round a table in a room and discussing things. Omni is being his usual goofy self, Loki is being the calm and collected, and Armatus is being a real *yay*.

Meanwhile, we have the grand9 trying to find a way to open the thing they got from the Grogar corporation. From what Cassandra and Megan have managed to find out, the Grogar corp specializes in keeping things that are of incredible importance, so much so that the Overseers don’t meddle with them. She also whispered to Danny that the Felina owner (the CEO’s boss) wants to see him in private without anyone else knowing. Euryala says she’ll see if she can find something out from her Overseer sources. And then we suddenly find that the Everprince is watching the house from nearby, listening in to the conversation.

We have another long discussion between Omni, Loki, and Armatus about the grand9 and the box. Apparently Loki knows what is going on, even if Omni doesn’t. Omni insists on knowing, but is told that “spoilers are a bad thing”. (I’m afraid to ask if that was added because of me :P).

At the secret meeting, Danny’s other self explains that soon he won’t be able to help any longer. The Felina Corp has started procedures to remove him from power and it’s only a matter of time before the board have it their way. He also starts telling a story about Poseidon’s mistake. Apparently, the corporations came into being because of Poseidon’s mistake which is why Grogar are so feared by all, even the Overseers. Whatever Grogar holds few others know about. He is about to reveal more, when suddenly the Everprince appears and attacks the CEO’s boss. Danny wants to help I’m the fight, but is told to flee, while his other part uses some medallion to hold off the Everprince.

We have a ludicrous rush with Danny phoning help while being chased (friends and allies appear to slow down the Everprince, including Computrix, Blazen, Cassandra, and in the end Athena). I must say the Everprince Athena clash was so intense! I really love reading how two nearly omnipotent destructive entities face off, causing massive destruction all around, while not actually arming each other. (Well, they do a bit).

The clash, of course, attracts the attention of the Overseers (who send a dozen Hercules and a few dozen demi-deities (?)) and a result cause everyone else to scatter and hide. We then have Danny and co licking their wounds and Danny revealing what has happened and that it’s unlikely they’ll get as much Felina help in the future. At some point Molly mentions she could hear something high pitched coming from Danny. It turns out that he has a ring in his pocket that is pinging on a high frequency (put there by the CEO’s boss). Bellucio mentions the gem has the sign of Poseidon on it. Danny presses it against the Grogar box and it opens revealing a folder with paper copies inside. Danny looks through the pages, but most of them are magic encrypted. However, he still manages to make out that one page has all nine evergems, as well as a list which gem belongs to which corporation.

Meanwhile, Loki tells Omni the same story, sharing that Danny’s evergem is held by the Felina corporation, or rather by Danny’s other part. Omni asks what about his gem, to which Loki just shrugs, we then learn that the whole “room” is actually the mindspace of the Everprince, who is standing over the CEO’s boss’ body and asks “Where did you hide it, kid?”


So what do you think? It seems like we’re back to the mystery of the first arc. For a moment I feared the after hiatus chapters would be more chaotic, but they continue to move the story forward. And it was so cool to see that there’s some Omni left even after the assimilation. Hopefully that means the grand9 can get him out again :)

What do you think?

PrinceEric

I liked the idea that the parts of someone regain their individuality after they split. That’s some complex magi-quantum theory, though. Without going in too deep, the theory goes that once a whole is fractured it could never be restored even if all the pieces are put back together because the fracturing event has caused a change in the nature of the individual pieces. That’s why if the Everprince was of one mind, after being shattered he became three distinct personalities, and now even if Armatus (which is old Canterlot for armor, by the way) is in control, he must consult with Loki and Omni.

That’s quite meet and really deep. Of course, since there’s miracle magic I expect there will be a way to make a perfect merge if needed, just as Omni might be spit out from the Everprince with no issue.

Still, I like how much effort was put in this story. :)

PaintDrop

Okay, I was about to go on a long rant how absurd the whole situation was, but Paint best me to it. I guess I could see what the writers were going for and yes “human magic, yay” is the answer to everything, but... well I still gnash my teeth! (even as Jade is laughing looking at me)

So, where do I start? The overall premise is okay, but it jumps too much. I pretty much threw what was going on with the whole mind room thing after the first scene. Granted the target audience is younger, but it was a bit obvious. The corporations having split the gems between them was a nice touch, but the encrypted report wasn’t. They already did one unlocking, why do they have to unlock every page individually? Also what does that mean for the gems they already own? Megan has a gem, as does Euryala. Oh, and didn’t Euryala get hers before the corporations were a thing? Not sure about the continuity there :/

MixaMax

@MixaMax: if you were a human, your superpower would be grumbling. :/

Is there anything you like? Paint described exactly the same thing, but was positive. You just nag nag nag. I honestly pity Jade right now.

And the corporation that is to have Eury’s stone is clearly going to start targeting her. The only thing I’d have liked would be to see which corporation is focused on which character (since each of them a destined to have a gem). That was a bit cheap, I think. Everything else is fine.

RRBB

@RRBB: well, I pity my sister for being forced to live with you!

And that was just one of the cheap things in the chapter. Whatever you say this one is a miss.

MixaMax

Ah, the good old days. How I missed those... :)

Brush

Hmm. I’ll keep quiet. I think I know what might happen, but I want to read the end of Chosen to confirm. If it’s true... then I think even Max will be pleased. (And probably cry for a week as a result :))

LyraHands

This thread has been licked!

MightyDragon

???

LyraHands

Sorry, he’s just being silly. The thread isn’t locked.

CodeFilly

Well, Max made a comment about licking pages, so I... I’ll just go sit in the corner, okay? O:)

MightyDragon

And I just killed the thread... :( Sorryyyyy.

MightyDragon

PreviousChapters Next