• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,951 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,951

PreviousChapters Next
Project Butterfly

@all: You've no idea how happy I am to announce that Project Butterfly has officially started.

Six exceptional writers on the site are joining forces to give us two books, one story, taking place simultaneously on Equestria and Earth. In case you've forgotten who those six magnificent Nightlings are here’s a reminder:

Brush
LightSparkle
Jade
Simile
EndlessHearts
Quarters

But that's not all, others from the site will help out with the project as well!

Editors: RRBB, Twist

Audio spell construction and voicing: DarkSparkle, TrueSparkle, HopHop

Songs and Music: LyraHands, SweetStuff, Octavia

Art and illustrations: FishSticks, PaintDrop*

(PaintDrop has requested she be removed from the project for the time being for health reasons. Clop your hooves that she gets well soon and is able to rejoin.)

Needless to say that this is the biggest project that site has undertaken. Thanks to PaintDrop we’ve also signed a publishing house to make a limited edition of both books (in a hardcover dual set) for everyone to enjoy.

Lyra has gracefully asked to have all revenue go to a Nightling relief fund that will be used in case of need (like the strange weather in the Empire and the magic anomalies situation.)

I don't know about you, but I'm extremely excited! And if this isn't enough, the first chapter of the book will be shown at the convention! :D

Luna

I can't believe I agreed to this. :P Seriously. This sounds like a lot of fun. Been ages since I listened to audio spells. Very curious how it turns out.

Fellow writers, PM me with ideas so we can start :) Actually, scratch that. @mods: can you make a hidden board for us? I mean everyone involved, and that includes sponsors (should they so choose).

I know they are shy and all, but I know for a fact that you, the TechNightling, InItForTheShipping, DarkSparkle, and RRBB have given funds to make this happen. They deserve some appreciation as well.

And let's not forget the one who sparked the idea in ten first place: @Candle :)

LightSparkle

Girls… my fat sister is bugging me about making costumes for the project :/ *sigh*
How can you make costumes for a book?! I swear she's always trying to do this! She sees something and tries to grab the spotlight. It's really annoying at times.

Still, I promised I'd ask, so there.

SweetStuff

@SweetStuff: I think it's a great idea, actually. Not only can Nightlings read the book, but they could wear the same clothes as the characters! Remember not all of the characters are human ;) Also I think there should be some Nightling T-shirts and hats as they have on conventions.

DarkSparkle

@DarkSparkle: Yep, definitely sounds good! I'll get in touch with Rarity to discuss details and prices.

Luna

@Luna: she just said she’ll do it for free… *groan* :/

SweetStuff

Err, I know I ain't supposed to ask, but can there be Midnight Castle food for sale? My sister is really looking forward to this (harvest has been good so we have lots of apples we can do something with.)

WaterBottle

@WaterBottle: of course :) Seriously why didn't she just ask me or Lyra? She knows us. Same for Rarity. It's almost funny how shy they get at times.

Yes, PPI, you can bring cakes as well. :)

DarkSparkle

I’m like totally ready to model at the convention. It will be groovy and far out, now that Prince Blue has agreed to it.

Like, him and me and Twilight are perfect for celestial perfection and chakra alignment.

Tree

@Tree: what?!?

DarkSparkle

@DarkSparkle: Like, you said that you’d do it if the Prince agreed and he did. I can totally give you some pointers on stretching and posing based on your guiding stars. Also I'll tell you what flowers will best match your aura.

Tree

@Tree: I don't believe it! No way Prince Blueblood would agree to something of the sort! Plus, I don't remember ever making such a promise!

DarkSparkle

@DarkSparkle: His girlfriend made him agree, so you have no choice :) I'll organize the event :D

Remember: it's for charity! :P

Luna

@DarkSparkle: Plus this is a chance to show off those nice wings of yours. Stallions love a nice set of wings ;)

InItForTheShipping

@InItForTheShipping: Will you stop shipping me! I just haven't found the right boyfriend yet, okay? :/

DarkSparkle

@DarkSparkle: Anger management, look it up. I don't see what's the big deal. You do way scarier and more boring things every week. What’s wrong with some modeling? You’ll be fine.

@LightSparkle: Okay if I visit you tomorrow? Want to talk to you about something.

TrueSparkle

Hello, Nightlings.

I cannot express how happy I am for this to have become reality. Thank you, LyraHands for making so many of my childhood dreams true. Not in the least, thank you for finding something I thought I never would: a second chance at love. (Yes, it is as most of you suspected, but it is not my place to say any more on the topic.)

Lyra will undoubtedly say it better, but Midnight Castle has become more than a place for friends to gather, it has become more than a way of life, it's a way of thought. Just being here I've seen the impossible become possible. For that I thank you S. Child, @number1, @LyraHands, and everyone else who's been a part of it.

The TechNightling

Girls, stop making em all emotional and stuff! Seriously! Now when I cry Bob just stares at me and says “you've been reading the site again” then goes off to do stuff. :P

But yes, this is another of the best days of my life. :) Funny how only half an year ago, every next day was the worst in my life. You changed that. All of you. I just make a site. Tech keeps going on and on how great it is, but it's just a site. It's the people here that make it what it is. It's the mods who guide, it's the writers who give us beautiful stories, the artists who give us incredible songs, the musicians who give us incredible pictures… it's you who help and read and comment who've made it possible for us to become part of MC!

I know thank you has become overused (and I’m to blame), but please let me say it again.

Thank you, Nightlings! You make dreams come true!

LyraHands

PreviousChapters Next