• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,952 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,952

PreviousChapters Next
Jade Decision PMs

We need to have a talk.

Jade

Jade, not you too :( I've been dealing with Short's breakup all night, plus the drama of PaintDrop going missing, and the end of the financial quarter have me completely drained. Can this wait?

MixaMax

I know, and I'm really sorry :( I would never do something to hurt you and I'd leave you get some rest if it wasn't really important. I've already delayed this as much as I could.

I know about Short :( How is she hanging up? She sent me a short PM about it, but I didn't want to pry.

Jade

How do you think? :/ She's a mess that's trying to seem tough... and failing miserably. I really wish she'd be more... I don't know... fragile? She hasn't eaten since yesterday, barely said a few words. As far as I could tell she spent the entire night awake. I never should have let this happen! I know I would have told RRBB about it directly!

Do you think the Crystal Empire will be a good place for her? She's opaque and not exactly rich.

MixaMax

I don't know. I'd like to say that she will be. She's fiends with Spike and that's a huge deal here, but the truth is I have no idea how it would turnout. And I think you did the right thing not to talk to RRBB about it. As much as it hurts now it would have been worse if she thought you'd messed up her chance.

Going back to the topic I wanted to talk to you about, it's somewhat related. How do you feel about moving to the Crystal Empire after our wedding? I know how much Ponyville means to you, plus it's close to Canterlot and your parents, but... Thing is we'll have to settle down after that. I'd like us to start a family, have a few foals, lead a happy life.

Jade

Did something happen? My thoughts about foals haven't changed, and Ponyville is just as good as the Empire to raise them. It's quite, the ponies are nice, and have good values. Then again, we're lucky to know Princess in each of our three options, so I think we'll be fine. What is this really about?

MixaMax

I was made a very serious business offer. Technically, I'm supposed to talk to you before you signed an NDA, but Luna knows you well enough for it not to be a problem.

I got an official invitation to join the MC writing staff.

Jade

No way!!! Jade, that's great! I mean wow! (I think I burst a spell though the ceiling just now O:)) If I weren't so tired, I'd gallop to you and hug you in front of everypony in the Crystal Empire standing on top of Spike's statue!

Jealousy aside (and there will be plenty of that) that's like a dream job! And in your area of expertise! I mean graduated, married with a great wife and job? Who could want anything more?

MixaMax

I'm being serious.

Jade

So am I! I'm just so terribly excited and happy for once! (After the wave of depression that has been drowning the the site and us lately.) I'd say that's a one in a million offer. You said yes, right? Tell me you said yes!

MixaMax

I'm supposed to give my answer by the end of the week. I wanted to discuss it with you first. It's a huge step: lots of responsibility, we might have to move to the Crystal Empire, there's no telling what my work schedule will be like, and we must take care of Short, and our own foals when we have them...

Jade

Just say yes you lovable idiot! :) I'm here for you and for and for my sister (and our little darlings once we have them). I know you well enough to tell that's one of your dreams (maybe not the dream, but it's something you want very much).

How did this happen?

MixaMix

I was hoping for a bit more in depth discussions on the matter. Guess I could expect as much from a mare who rushed to propose because of a love poem.

Jade

You found it romantic as Tartarus! Admit it! :)

MixaMax

Okay, I did. :) You really are the best thing that's happened to me by far (work offer included.)

Speculator7 recruited me. I thought he was some troll, but turns out he was the real deal. Well, he or she (I can't actually tell with this one.)

Jade

Jade, my little crystal plushy, you're terrible at lying ;) You can always tell.

MixaMax

You have me there. I can. But I can't tell you, sorry.

There's a lot of secrecy involved. I'm sure I don't even know the half of it yet, but soon I will. I'll be giving my answer within the hour. I still need to ponder a bit on things. I'm not like you, these are huge steps for me.

Jade

I know, and I'm here for you. And don't worry about keeping my mouth shut. I might not seem it, but I work with touchy documents all the time. I'll poke Luna to send me the forms I need to sign (I'm sure she'll be thrilled :) Inside joke.)

MixaMax

What about Short, though? I so much hoped things would work out for her as they did for you. The Crystal Empire has changed a lot in the last decade, but it's still over a millennia old. I know she'll find friends there, but will she find anypony she... likes?

Jade

Sure, ask the mare who didn't even see her sister had a crush :/

I don't know. I can only hope she does. On the plus side we can ask Princess Cadence for help. If anypony could help Short it's her. Right now I just want to help her get through this. I really like RRBB, and I can understand what she'd been through, but right now I want to kill her! :/ PaintDrop gets a free pass because she tried to help... who am I kidding, if there's anypony I must thank it's her. It's just that at the end of the day she's a filly :( There's not much advice she could give.

MixaMax

Isn't it the same for all of us? We are just foals trotting through the field of life. Except you. You seem to know everything about everything.

Jade

You bet your wings I do! Just as I know it's time to take a break before my bladder explodes! You take care of your things, Jade. Counting the seconds till you visit again.

MixaMax

Me too. *wing hug*

Jade

Author's Note:

And here's a list of all active members with ID or speculation :)
Member List

Courtesy of NeonGreenTiger

Please participate in the poll! (Just speculation. The results will NOT influence the actual outcome.) :)

http://www.strawpoll.me/12753068

PreviousChapters Next