• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,951 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,951

PreviousChapters Next
The MC Schedule

Exciting times indeed!

Everyone, I’m glad to announce that we have a new writer tan will be joining us in half an year (once the current one retired). Until then she will be acting as an apprentice writing brushing up her skills.

Please welcome HoofTies!

I have already explained the basics and the more unusual aspects of the job, so this is more a get to know everyone sort of announcement. One thing I must stress. HoofTies has insisted that her identity be kept secret, and that should she choose to reveal it to the writer circle, you will keep that secret.

Speculator7

So glad to have you here. Your stories are some of the most unique things I’ve seen, including in college. You especially adore Sword/Shield Lover.

For a moment I was afraid you would turn the offer down. I’ll be honest I almost rejected it, but now I’m glad I didn’t. There’s a lot of talent and weirdness in this group, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

Jade

@Jade: you’ve become such a softie :P

@HoofTies: joking aside, I’m glad you are here.and yes, prepare for a few surprises. I guess it was interesting hearing where the inspiration for MC came from? Well now that you’ve gone through that, get ready for the next surprise. With you six of the seven writers are of the fandom. :) I won’t spoil it for you, even if I’ll share that Brush isn’t here.

One to think of it, I’m not the first one here. I got my offer about the same time Jade did, and I think half an year after the first fan member joined. Hmm. I should ask her about that. How did she join if the site didn’t exist at that time? :/

LightSparkle

@LightSparkle: “she” existed because “she” was noticed before the site became a thing. Although, I immediately saw its potential for practice and am glad to say that I have improved significantly thanks to the feedback and advice provided.

@HoofTies: Congratulations! You joined at the most exciting time: project distribution. To be honest I think it will become a bit tough. The first few chapters of MCE 2 are done, as well as the general outline, but if the plan is to have a total of thirty it would take some work. And that’s without considering Blazen Adventures (myself, Jade, and Light are working on that), Chosen 2, and Princess Jennifer.

Even if we have the two old school authors remaining for a while longer it will still be a chore. (As you know I also have an important job in the dreamreading spectacle. And let’s not forget my first love - the stage.)

Simile

Hello, HoofTies.

Love your stories. I had a few of them made to scrolls and keep them on my shelf. Your style is very different from mine. I know I’ll learn so much from you.

Quarters

Hello, all.

HoofTies

@HoofTies: You’re a shy one, aren’t you? Don’t worry I’m here for you. If any mare, or our lovely Jade, gets mean to you just let me know and I’ll show them what’s what! :)

Oh, and you must come to Light’s parties. The thing is every few weeks you go to visit Light and get to do some crazy fun things :) Just keep in mind the thing they say about drinking is true there. A few glasses of something and you’re good to go. A few more and you start having regrets.

Anyway, what are you doing next week?

Simile

@Simile: I can’t go there. And I can take care of myself!

HoofTies

Sorry for the late reply. There are some personal issues on my mind.

Great to have you here, @HoofTies :) Guess you’re in the same boat as Quarters and I. We’re both the new foals, so still need a bit of training. Oh, and we’ll be involved with the Princess Jeniffer series, as well as pitch in the large one. From what Luna told me, MCE 3 is going to start development as well. Looking forward to working with you on that :)

EndlessHearts

Okay, everyone! Since everyone is throwing wild numbers, time for some clarification!

First of all, hello, HoofTies! Really glad you decided to join. Blueblood was really happy. He’ll never admit it, but he was pestering I get you for a while. :)

Also, a candidate for the final spot has been found and made an offer. So far there has been no response, but we’re very hopeful. Oh, and in case you were wondering, @Jade, he’s male :)

Now for the announcements! The list of projects are

MCE 1 (done)
Chosen of Poseidon 1 (done)
Project Butterfly* (in printing) - not related to official franchise
MCE2 - all to be involved
Blazen Adventures - LightSparkle, Simile, Jade
Princess Jennifer Saga - EndlessHearts, Quarters
Chosen of Poseidon 2 - HoofTies, Simile
MCE3 - all
Blazen Adventures 2 - to be decided
Chosen of Poseidon 3 - to be decided
Space Jenny - Quarters, EndlessHearts
MCE4 - all
Blazen Adventures 3 - to be decided
Academy of Junior Gods - to be decided
MCE5 - all

So now you know the plans for the entire series :) If all goes well and based on demand, there will be a new MC retake after the end of Everhere. :) Please don’t tell PrinceEric :)

Luna

And I thought my days were busy now... :/ With Max spending all her time at work I guess I could write a bit more. Does Blueblood think this is a realistic schedule, though? Three spin offs along with a volume of the main series? Keep in mind we’re just beginning and we haven’t even finished Blazen yet.

The only one who has actually written a chapter is Simile and she’ll be busy with her other activities.

Jade

Jade does have a point. Even if none of us had school and other distractions, this is quite a lot for seven people. Maybe increase the number of authors to a dozen?

LightSparkle

I have full confidence in you, not to mention I’ll get get involved in the main series as well.

S.Child

@HoofTies: ... you really know when to show up...

Simile

PreviousChapters Next