• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,951 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,951

PreviousChapters Next
Twilight’s Love PMs

I used to laugh at these things. I mean I’ve seen them in studies, in literature, I even have a few friends who’ve been through the same. I never understood how something so illogical could be possible. I do now.

It’s funny. I had the perfect speech prepared. It then became a letter. Then a PM. Now I can’t even look at it.

The truth is I think I love you. Yes, go ahead and laugh. The greatest cliche there is: love through conflict. The logical part of my brain says this is merely affect of us sharing a heard (my heart), but I still would like to hope that there’s more to it than that. And also, I deeply hope you share the feelings as well.

You’ve had your own heart for a while now, so theoretically (and in practice) your feelings should be your own. So... do you?

DarkSparkle

I knew you’d write this. I just didn’t know when.

I think I have my own feelings now, but I still remember yours. When you gave me your heart I changed. Not only because I was able to feel and like what you like, I also picked up on your habits. Every time you’d go to the library or the kitchen, I’d know you were writing a letter. I thought you’d ask Spike to send it at a time when you were in Canterlot or the Empire.

And it’s so difficult to answer... I’ve done terrible things. I almost buried Equestria in ice for something I still can’t remember, something that nopony can. I harmed your friends, froze your cities, I even...

As much as I love you I’m not sure I’ll be good for you...

IcePrince

A lot of ponies (and other beings) have done terrible things. That doesn’t mean they are beyond redemption. You didn’t destroy Equestria, you didn’t kill anypony. If anything you stopped yourself and cams to Princess Celestia knowing what the consequences might be (and also knowing parts of what happened to your tribe). I have forgiven you the moment I figured out what I needed to do to make you whole. I’m sure the others will as well.

Besides it is t the first time. A lot of my closest friends nearly destroyed Equestria or parts of it. LightSparkle wanted to make a zombie army to invade, TrueSparkle wanted to brainwash everypony and when that failed created a destructing time loop that made things worse, even EverSpike almost destroyed Ponyville once.

DarkSparkle

But... I’m a windigo. I’m in your stories as the thing that comes to drive friendship away... how can anyone accept me? How can you?

IcePrince

It helps a lot that you’re smart and beautiful. ;)

You’re nothing like the alicorns that exist today. They are nothing but ghosts of the past (in the literal sense of the world). And we’ll see if there isn’t a way to restore them back. Starswirl is adamant that their isn’t, TrueSparkle and I are working on a theory. Maybe in a few years the windigo tribe will be back as they were during the days before the Crystal Empire?

You are every mare’s dream, silly. And I’m not just talking about your looks. You’re one of the the kindest creatures I’ve known. And I don’t say that lightly (the Element of Kindness is one of my closest friends).

And don’t forget I’ve been with you long enough to know how warm you are in every sense of the word.

DarkSparkle

Spontaneity suits you... there’s so much I must learn. I’ve been asleep for so long. Until Flurry shattered my heart I’m not sure I was even alive.

IcePrince

I’ll teach you. And I won’t be alone.

Please just say yes.

DarkSparkle

Of all of Equestria how lucky was I to have you mend my heart?

IcePrince

There’s a very snarky think I could say, but I’ll just take it as a yes.

I hope?

DarkSparkle

Not a yes, but a maybe. I’ve still no idea what the future might hold, or what the past was. What if I find out something that changes the way I think? What if we find something that changes your view of me?

IcePrince

Then let’s just live in the present and face those challenges together a day at the time.

We can start slow (even if I so much prefer we went supersonic fast) until you’re comfortable enough to take the next step.

You know you’re so different when we’re not fighting to the death? (Okay, that sounded much better in my fic than said out loud.)

DarkSparkle

And you’re far more impulsive that you let others believe.

IcePrince

Family train, I guess. My mom married my dad a month after they met. My brother got de facto engaged to InItForTheShipping a few weeks after she started babysitting me. If it wasn’t for his military career he’d have married her there and then. (And even then the jerk married her pretty much on a whim, telling me almost after the fact!)

I’d say I’d rely on you to cool my passion, but it would be a lie.

DarkSparkle

Slow?

IcePrince

Slow. Until you feel you want to go faster. After all, we’re both alicorns, we could wait... I guess... a bit... though not too long I hope...

DarkSparkle

How do we break the news to the others?

IcePrince

...you’re kidding, right?

Haven’t you been reading the threads? Did you miss the constant lame jokes and hints EverSpike and TrueSparkle have been making? As for Princess Celestia... she’s my mentor and I highly respect her, but argh! I, starting to get a sense of what it was like when I’d send her a scroll several times per day.

DarkSparkle

I thought that was the normal behavior in the thread. The main topic of discussion is who’s with who, love triangles, pairings, and subtle sex remarks.

IcePrince

That’s... not incorrect, but trust me, no one will be surprised if they see us “holding hooves”.

DarkSparkle

Will your ex be okay?

IcePrince

My ex? O.O

DarkSparkle

Spike told me you have a centaur ex who also nearly destroyed Equestria. He said you had a thing for that sort of thing.

IcePrince

Is that so? Why don’t you have breakfast and not worry about that. I’ll have a chat with Spike...

DarkSparkle

Author's Note:

8 days remaining...

PreviousChapters Next