• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,952 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,952

PreviousChapters Next
LightSparkle’s Attack PMs

By the time you read this I expect it will be all over and you’ll be shouting at me what an idiot I’ve been. Who knows maybe you’ll surprise me and read it for a change.

Simile keeps telling me what an idiot I am, but I’ll wait ten minutes just in case. It’s stupid how I have to use this to reach you. I’m not even sure if you keep the journal anymore. There was a time we used to write to each other constantly. Now you’ve become like mom. At times I think you’re both hiding some deep dark secrets from me.

LightSparkle

Guess I should have known. I don't know what the Windigo did to you, but you were an idiot to think you could take it on your own. If all elements failed why were you fi certain you’d be able to on your own? I really hate when you do things against your own logic!

Still, we need you to read this in order for things to work. The whole psychic-aether anchor and all. Again, with luck it will all be over once you get to this, so it should be too painful. (I hope.)

I have a way to find the Windigo. At least, a way that worked a few millennia ago. Fingers crossed it works again. If it doesn’t I’ll have a very long talk with PlayedPiece. She assured me that back in her day they used to track windigos using the sound of wind rivers. Of course, since their gems aren’t working now I had to make a contraption of my own (with help from simile and TrueSparkle... mostly TrueSparkle). I’ve tested it a few times and know it works to give a general location.

The main issue is his ability to teleport. None of us can do that at such distances, so I’ve come up with a way to block his ability. Actually, it was your double here that helped out. Human tech us way more advanced so combining it with magic will help level the playing field.

So, you impressed with my plan yet? :)

LightSparkle

Come on, Dark! You’re no fun :( I thought you’d at least make one of your colder than ice comments. Spike freaks out about that all the time. You really scared the little guy a lot. When everything is over go to him and explain what you’ve been through, okay? He’s been pretending to be fine, but it takes five seconds with him in person to see he’s a wreck. TrueSparkle has been casting some spells to calm him down, but it hasn’t been helping.

LightSparkle

I tried to find out more from my mother, but it’s been less productive than talking to a brick wall. I know she’s hiding something from me, but can’t she at least help me out a bit? And by me I mean everyone! It’s Equestria that’s threatened. I can just as easily remain here and will be fine.

Honestly, that mare drives me crazy at times! At this rate it will be easier just to catch the Windigo and get answers from him.

LightSparkle

Do you read your PMs at all? I asked Tech and he said you haven’t logged on since the reading. Not sure if that’s good or bad. With you going gaga I’m never sure when you’ll say something really bad to the public. Telling them about earth? Really? :/ Largest blunder ever. I haven’t been getting sleep for weeks and I still haven’t done anything that bad. At least let LyraHands give birth before you get her crazy and on the way to visit.

Okay, enough fun. I’m in Equestria now. You’re now in your castle, of course. I said a few words to spike to get you to read this when you get back. Little guy wanted to send you a scroll, but since I have no idea where you are I stopped him. Would be idiotic if he were to send a scroll to the Windigo.

We just need for Simile to show up and we’ll be off. TrueSparkle has come up with a great idea to keep the Windigo in one place so we could question him. The good thing about this is, since we know no magic could defeat him, we’ll have a better chance holding him. (On that note we’ll be bringing Tartarus chains for backup. Don’t ask. Mom will kill me if she finds out.)

LightSparkle

We’re still waiting for Simile :/ She claims she’s doing something work related, but I know she’s with auntie again. TrueSparkle has been discussing just grabbing her and dragging here, but neither of us wants to but up with hours of whining so we’ll wait.

On that note, did you tell Rarity about the Windigo? It’s weird how she’s so insistent on getting her sister out of Ponyville and to a major city. TrueSparkle heard her slip that SweetStuff would be safer there. I really hope that was Rarity jumping to conclusions because otherwise it’ll be you’ve been keeping important stuff from me. :/

LightSparkle

Okay, we’re finally off! Just a quick note that all should be over soon. Now my only worry is if you happen to be where the Windigo is. I hope you’re not!

LightSparkle

Okay, so maybe the device I built wasn’t the best. Turns out I miscalculated Equestria’s background magic valuable. TrueSparkle is cursing me and fixing it. Shouldn't take long, but I decided to check if you had managed to read your PMs.

Simile’s going the same with my aunt, I’m sure. It’s a miracle that she didn’t spill the entire the idea to her! Knowing auntie, though, there would be a lot of huffing and shouting afterwards. (Not that it would affect Simile in any way.)

TrueSparkle’s saying she got the device working again, so I must go. Ttyl!

LightSparkle

Do not do anything to try Windigo. That would be a huge mistake and will only undermine everything I’ve achieved to this point.

Not only will it be foolish, but you have no reasonable chance of success. Limiting his portal ability, while commendable, won’t lead you to success. His real power is not related to the portals, it’s calling blizzards to his location (just like normal windigos). One of the main points of me giving him my heart was to eliminate this ability of his, but I made a miscalculation.

Again, I ask you not to attack the Windigo.

DarkSparkle

Apparently, you just did. This will complicate matters.

DarkSparkle

PreviousChapters Next