• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,952 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,952

PreviousChapters Next
Speculations 2

I have this strange theory. I haven’t read through ten series as much as most of you, so might be missing a few things (and the whole idea might be crap), but here goes...

What if the finale is actually the start? We all think that Poseidon’s mistake is something he did in the past way when Euryala was one of his Chosen. What if the mistake isn’t what he did in the past, but what he did now? As in with him reviving himself in Equestria?

If you think about it, Poseidon was reformed when 9 aspects of him merged together (the same number as the evergems). What if the nine personalities were cast out of him creating the gems that were also the original founders of the corporations?

Remember it was said that they were given to his original chosen. What if that’s something that happened now, and because if talented now, it changed history so that reality would be continuous. What I’m trying to say is what if the act of the grand9 restoring Poseidon (with the Everprince no less!) was what made the evergems and the Everhere exist in the first place?

LittleFinger

Ah, quantum time theory. My favorite :D

@LittleFinger: Actually, I think you might be onto something. Personally, I doubt it if nothing else because of the target audience (let’s face it, colts aren’t that interesting in complex theories. It’s nice to have twists and surprises, but this is a few hundred steps beyond that.)

I must say I didn’t link the two numbers. I just thought that nine was a nice number (as is the grand9) Now, though I’m not sure what to expect. And if you really want to go all out:

Equestria has six elements and three Princesses (as in, one can argue that the Sun, Moon, and Hearth are elements as well).

For the moment I think we’ll see a direct continuation of the current volume. Well have a battle for the remaining evergems and then possibly a resolution or, more likely, another conflict ending in failure.

PaintDrop

@LittleFinger: Ooh, body! I’ll make a model and see if that’s possible. Been a while since I worked on time paradox models. :)

@LightSparkle: want to help me out? It could be fun :)

TrueSparkle

Well, I sort know what might happen... unless somepony changed his mind again :P

Jokes aside, Blueblood and I talked about a lot of stuff when we were fans of the original series. We shared all sorts of crazy ideas (I can see some coming true in MCE). You must think I’ve tossed my muffins if you think I’ll share, though ;P

DaBoss

@DaBoss: Blueblood says he’ll send Spitfire to strangle you if you say even a word!

That said, thank you all for so much interest :) If MixaMax makes a positive post then we certainly must have gotten something right. Hopefully you’re theories will prove true... or false :P in 6 months. Until then you have Project Butterfly to look forward to, the start of the Blazen journey, and possibly Poseidon’s Chosen 2.

Aaaaand, let’s not forget Princess Jennifer :)

Luna

MixaMax is sick in bed. No doubt her pony is rejecting her post yesterday. Im sure that when she becomes salty enough she’ll be back.

As for the finale. I won’t lie, it was slightly on the overcomplicated side for me, even if I loved it nonetheless. The balance achieved is admirable! For most of you who’ve tried writing, you know full well how difficult it could be to get all your ideas presented in a way your readers could follow. That’s one of the reasons I hate explanations “under the line”. Technically they are not wrong, but the reader must stop read the explanation, figure out what’s going on, then return into the story.

In MCE you read and read and read and go “huh? Wow! That totally makes sense!”

Please, try telling the entire story to somepony unfamiliar. Just for the fun of it try and tell me what happens.

Edit: Max grumbled that the next volume will be c rap, so all is fine.

Jade

@Luna: Are you sure there’s no chance that Daring Do appears in volume 2? Like, we know that it takes place in Equestria and Daring Do is from here...

And I might have mentioned the possibility to A.K. a few times, and gotten her to promise to think about it.

I mean, come on! It will be so much greater! Daring Do helping fight Hades? How much better can it get?

AwesomePony

Like, I totally see the evergems as being part of our aura, like the nine colors of the rainbow. Like... on a whole cosmic level...

Tree

@Tree: Forgive me, my darling, but the rainbows don’t have nine colors. I think we would know if they did.

Grace

@TrueSparkle: Sorry, just got overwhelmed by the latest wave of fics... all having to do with paradoxes and Poseidon.

With RRBB taking a week of absence from curating it’s a bit too much. Good thing Grace is still here.

@Mods: I think we need more curators. The amount of stories have increased a lot, and I just can’t cope. Not to mention that a few of the curators have been inactive lately.

LightSparkle

@LightSparkle: I have already spoken with the rest about opening submissions, but decided to wait until after the reading. Now that it is over, I’ll make the official announcement. (Prior to that I need to discuss criteria with you).

@LittleFinger: I recommend you read the second volume of MC, you might be surprised. For one thing, Icelos is far more prominent there.

The TechNightling

For realsies?! I want to become a curator! I can read really, really, really fast! And I promise I won’t be mean!

PlayedPiece

@PlayedPiece: the whole point of a curator is to be mean. They crush the souls of writers, and bathe in their sorrow!

Chem to think of it, I want to be that as well!

MightyDragon

@MightyDragon: My darling, that is precisely not what a curator is. RRBB might act thought, but she is very good at what she does and she honestly adores all stories. That’s why she goes on and on and on about why they weren’t better.

@PlayedPiece: I’m sure we’ll be delighted to have you, but rules are rules :) Apply once Tech has made a site announcement.

Grace

I think I’ll apply as well.

Brush

... Brush just broke the site and half of Equestria.

MightyDragon

PreviousChapters Next