• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,951 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,951

PreviousChapters Next
Speculator7's Offer PMs

Hey, Jade. Your stories have made quite the impression (especially your first one). Therefore, on behalf of Prince Blueblood and S.Child's writing team, I'd like to extend an invitation for you to join as our new staff writer in the place of "Orange".

Congratulations and well done! You earned it!

Speculator7

*yay* you!

Jade

I'm aware from the posts that this isn't the idea time, but I assure you the offer is real. Despite what you might think, I actually am on the writing staff, and one of my jobs is to look for potential candidates.

Now, I know any scammer could make this claim, so I'll offer proof. Shortly after receiving this message, you'll get a scroll via dragon-mail from Prince Blueblood, confirming my story and making the same offer. Please write back when you do.

Speculator7

I got the scroll.

Jade

Great! If you're still not convinced let me know and I'll see what further proof I could provide.

Speculator7

No, I believe you. I mean, I don't believe it, but I know you're not lying.

Just to be clear, you’re offering me a paid position on one of the most popular colt franchises?

Jade

Yeah. It's not classic literature that's for sure, but as you've seen we aim to keep a certain level of quality while also making it accessible to a new target audience.

Needless to say that writing for us is much different than any standard job. There's a lot of secrecy involved, along with a number of other things which you'll be made aware if you choose to join the staff. I know this sounds ominous, but it's more of a "living arrangement".

In short, there's no work hours, no office, no stuffy meetings. The only thing that matter us write good stories and be on time. :) You'll get a monthly salary and such, plus everything you negotiate with your deal with S.Child.

Speculator7

This is all a bit sudden. I haven't graduated even, and you know that I'm engaged to get married. When do I have to give an answer?

Jade

Yes, it's always a bit sudden. S.Child is a bit obsessed with not losing writers they like to the "competition" :) I don't expect you to start actively working until well after your honeymoon (unless you wish to). The main thing is to have the contract signed so there's certainty.

Between you and me, it's usually 3-4 writers who work at any given time. The rest are either doing research, coming up with new plots, or learning the existing lore (as you'll be doing at the start).

You are also free to discuss it with Max, as long as she understands the need to secrecy and is prepared to sign a NDA on the matter. Knowing her and her job I don't think that would be an issue for her.

Speculator7

I'm still having trouble believing you'd want me. I'm just a undergraduate and a fan fiction curator. The stories I've written need a lot of additional work to be publication worthy. Are you absolutely sure you want me?

Jade

Where's that fiery spirit you show on the site? ;) Yes, there's no mistake. S.Child has gone through your file (they probably know far more about you than you think). Of course, you are free to say no, though chances are you won't get the same offer again.

Speculator7

Do I at least get to ask any questions or something? I'm not some idiot who'll agree blindly just because the offer comes from an established publishing house.

Jade

Always! Just ask and if it's something I'm allowed to discuss I'll tell you right away. ;) Just so you know, there have been others recruited from aether sites.

Speculator7

Thanks.

I take it I won't be allowed to talk to anypony but Max about anything MC related once I agree? To what extent will I have to hide this? Codenames and secret discussions sounds pretty extreme for a colt series.

Jade

I can't go into the reasons for this, but can say that there's talk of removing part of the secrecy. The older generation of writers were very much into those things, but then again, times change. I suspect you've read the original series?

Speculator7

I tried. Mota has strong memories of it, but I find most of it badly done and with stupid ideas. True, it's better fit for the target audience (colts aged between 5 and 7) but it's not something I'd read for pleasure. I do get why Tech prefers it, though. There's a greater sense of wonder and adventure.

I've seen some of the links between the original and MCE, if that's what you're asking.

Jade

No, I just wanted you to see how the world and the writing style has evolved in the past few decades. Also, I'm allowed to say that initially you won't be working on Everhere, but rather on the second spinoff of the series codenamed "Blazen Adventures" (along with me and another of the group). The idea is for it to be the creation of all new authors and will only start once you (or the next candidate, if you say no) are on board.

Speculator7

Okay. And I guess meeting S.Child is out of the question?

Jade

Once you sign the contract with Prince Blueblood (in person) you'll be taken to have a one to one with S.Child. I can't say how often you'll see them after that. Personally I've seen them only once, but that's me.

Speculator7

And you guarantee publication?

Jade

Colt, if you weren't publication material I wouldn't have been asked to talk to you ;)

Speculator7

I don't know what to say.

Jade

I still need to think a few days. Can I give my answer this weekend?

Jade

Shouldn't be a problem. Just don't talk too much longer ;)

Speculator7

Thanks. This is all a bit too much.

Jade

Trust me, I know. :)

Take care.

Speculator7

Bye.

Jade

Author's Note:

And here's a list of all active members with ID or speculation :)
Member List

Courtesy of NeonGreenTiger

Please participate in the poll! (Just speculation. The results will NOT influence the actual outcome.) :)

http://www.strawpoll.me/12753068

PreviousChapters Next