• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,951 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,951

PreviousChapters Next
Analyses 6 Poems

Well, since our usual analyst is probably enjoying his time in Canterlot (along with everypony else) I've decided to take it upon myself to do this week's review, but will do it somewhat different. Before I do, I like to thank a certain somepony (you know who you are) for getting me to rediscover the beauty of starting verse.

Yes, you've guessed it! I'll try to use starting verse to make the summary of this week's story. Since the series still follows the three act structure, plays epilogue, I'll be using three/four separate verses. Hopefully it ends up being coherent.

Nightmares, single rabbit
Spring rush to destroy Felina
A chase most unfair

Mother's lost present
Given from an autumn grave
Four hooves, two wings, muzzle.

Two corporations
A changing Karl deep in fight
A moonlit ally helps

Two stones of ever
A will of winter combat
An enemy waits

DarkSparkle

The edge! The edge!

Okay, seriously, nopony will understand anything from this. Cool idea, but not in this case.

For all those who want to know what happened, let me try to put it in words: A rabbit that is real but also exists in dreams tells Karl to find the stone at his mother's grave. Two corporation fight for it, yet Karl gets it and turns himself into a pony. A lot of silliness later he manages to turn back into a humie.

The huge thing (unfelt because of Dark’s poetry) is that for the very first time we see the Everprince (or someone working for him). I won't lie, I got chills!

How's the drunken partying going on?

TheRealLuna

I doubt there's real drinking involved. At least not so early.

And it was nice to finally see the presence of this elusive power. No lines of dialogue, though.

I'm still curious why he's revealing himself. I mean, sure Karl has a stone, but then again so does Megan. The only thing special is the mention that Karl's mother is dead. (How she got the stone in the first place remains a mystery.) Do you think it's possible that Karl is actually the Everprince?

DarkSparkle

Jumping in for a quick minute.

@TheRealLuna: Don't worry, there will be after dark. For the moment it's just food and getting to learn who is who.

As for the Everprince! Woohoo! Almost as cool as Brush cosplaying Molly :) (You're welcome, aethernet.) Going back to doing stuff. Will try to log on again tonight.

LyraHands

Hmm. I guess I'll register an account too...

Short&Hoofy

@Short&Hoofy: Love your nick :) I take it you're somepony who got interested in MCE at the meetup?

TheRealLuna

@TheRealLuna: Sort of. Am Max's sister, so I thought I'd finally make an account of my own. Remains to be seen how active I'll be. I've read a fair amount of Mistmount Chronicles thanks to Max and so far it seems okay.

Short&Hoofy

Great to have you here. :)

DarkSparkle

Back to today's chapter. The more I think about it the more complicated things get. Let me make a list of things that stand out arranged in order of chronological appearance:

1 The dreams Karl receives don't come from any of the three main deities.
2 Karl's mother is dead (possibly other members of his family as well)
3 Karl's mother had the changer stone
4 Two corporation fighting in the open (just wow!)
5 Karl turned into a pony (yes! Just as we suspected! :)) This allows for so much possibilities.

I can only come to the conclusion that Karl's parents were, or are, involved in some way with the corporations. (On that note, Karl was never worried about money. A bit like Omni. Hmmm)

DarkSparkle

I think you are onto something. So far we know very little about the Everprince. The only common element in all the chapters is that everyone is afraid of him: the deities, the titans, the corporations, and Euryala who is part of something beyond the corporations. By sheer number were supposed to think that the prince is the evil one, but what if he isn't?

I wouldn't put it past the writers to do a 180 twist and tell us, at some point, that the Everprince was imprisoned between realities by all the parties involved, who are now squabbling for what crumbs are left of his power.

Jade the Evervirgin

You all really are into this series, aren't you? I don't want to sound like the party pooper, but I still don't get the huge appeal. I mean the stories are okay, but idea of homies is interesting, but so what? There are lots of other series that are considered remarkable. What's so special here?

Short&Hoofy

@Short&Hoofy: it's one of those things. If you have to ask you'll never get it. Have you tried the fanfics? They provide interesting takes on... well, maybe you should read and see for yourself.

I strongly recommend Brush and DarkSparkle

Jade the Evervirgin

I'm already reading those, and find some of the stories nice. (Currently reading the Danny saga). I'm still curious what made so many ponies devote so much time and energy in such a strange hobby. I know Max keeps going on and on about it all the time.

Short&Hoofy

@Short&Hoofy: Max is a whole different animal altogether :)

Jade the Evervirgin

@Short&Hoofy: Just think about it: a different world, like our own but different. A world full of danger, mystery, adventure, and romance. Now imagine yourself in that world. Imagine seeking a castle that holds the answers to all your questions. Imagine friends by your side, helping you face any challenges the world my throw at you. Imagine one of them becoming your lover, sharing you pain and joy. Imagine everything you've ever wanted in front of you, you can touch it with the tips of your hooves... that is Midnight Castle! ;)

TheRealLuna

...wow.

Short&Hoofy

PreviousChapters Next