• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,949 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,949

PreviousChapters Next
Megan-Lada Analysis

Just to make it clear, since I got a ton of PMs about this. Max and I don’t hate each other. Just because our communication is on the shorty side doesn’t mean we aren’t friends. Hay, we are more than friends. We knew each other from back when the Nightling community was four ponies large. I’m sleeping with her sister, for *yay* sake! So don’t spam me with things you know nothing about! Unlike me Max is one of the most caring ponies I know, and if you give her any trouble I’ll ruin your life!

I hope that’s clear, okay? Good!

RRBB

Yes, MixaMax, Brush, and RRBB were the first members (even before I made the site). So, yeah, Max is fine. Just because she’s mouthy with her close friends doesn’t make her mean, because she isn’t. The grumpy thing is an inside joke that most of the regulars know. I am aware many of you want to help, but please don’t add drama where there is none.

That said, wow, the Chosen finale! Honestly it’s the best finale: complete but leaving more. I reread it again last night (sorry, @Bob) and I like it so much! I’ll probably reread it again before the next Everhere chapter :)

A huge thank you to the dream team in giving us such a beautiful reading :) @Simile, are you okay? You went above and beyond there...

LyraHands

Wow! MC just gets better and better! (Even the title is cool! “The Skyla Corp Initiative ...not ominous at all :))

We start with an entirely different point of view, which seems to be a staple of the latest chapters. This time it’s Megan who is the main character. We start with her having dinner in a very weird room. It’s very descriptive at first, her thinking about Cass and the warnings she made, and then suddenly we see that the other person at the table is Lada (reference to the Lada Invasion :)).

There is some talk about sides and that thanks to the grand9 things are moving much faster. Apparently every “side” had been waiting for an opportunity and now that the Everprince has appeared, breaking the status Quo everyone is having a go. We learn than Earth initially was the domain of Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades, but after Poseidon’s mistake the door was opened for others.

Ages ago there was a silent war on Earth: the Olympian deities had defeated the titans and kept other deities from any real power (save for a few small skirmishes). However, Loki managed to convince Poseidon of a danger of some sort, making him make the mistake. As a result reality was shattered allowing powers from all realities access to a single point: the Everhere—only place in existence that touches all realities.

Lada then offers an alliance, saying that the grand9 are a useful tool that are too good for the corporations. She then claims that the only reason Megan is allowed free reign is because she is part of the Skyla initiative, and as such their property. Lada gives Megan a “flower of doors” which has the power to unlock anything until it withers, and tells her to check it out if she wants.

I won’t go into the break in, since although nice, it’s pretty standard (well with a few new twists). The more interesting thing is that Megan and Cassandra receive help from Athena (I love that kid!) and get to the “file room” where we see Megan’s fine and reports stating that the Oracle predictions were true and she indeed is the Skyla gem bearer and will be used in any upcoming wars. As such she was to be allowed “full conditional reign until extracted”.


Following the discovery, they steal a “page key” with which they unlock the the page of Megan’s evergem and learn about the connection between it at the corporation. Cassandra promises to try and find Felina’s gem and info on the rest. Megan then secretly returns to Lada and says she’ll accept the deal if she is guaranteed all of the grand9 will be safe. Lada agrees, then tells her to wait a moment so they could sign a binding contract. Megan uses the last hours of the unlock flower to open Lada’s safe and discovers that after the mistake, the evergems were held by Poseidon’s closest Chosen, who created the corporations.

Talk about revelation after revelation! I can’t wait until all the things we thought unrelated get linked together :) If this is the buildup, I can’t imagine what the actual finale will be! :)

Your thoughts? ;) Also, thanks to anyone who helped me take care of my pup. I know he might be a hoofful at times O:)

PrinceEric

I liked it. This chapter has its own specific feeling that reminds of Mistmount Chronicles. It’s nice to see that being combined with the arc structure of MCE. Only complaint: needs more cute boys :P

Brush

@Brush: I agree! To be honest, the series has been doing pretty well in that regard. Say what you will about Blue, he knows how to maintain quality (and is smart not to write anything himself.

Only thing I’d like to see more of are battles, and aerial battles, if possible. And by the looks of it seems very likely I’ll get one :)

CEOWitch

Very interesting. It’s a bit off from what I expected, but very nice!

So the corporations bear the names of the original Chosen. I’m still a bit unclear how that ties in with the rest, though. Euryala claims to have been the first female chosen, which was way before the mistake (her saying that Poseidon changed) yet at the same time she holds an evergem. Either someone is lying, or things are more complicated than they seem.

Also nice that they deciphered one of the pages. I’m almost certain that we’ll see more (all?) deciphering by the end of the series. The way things are going, though, I think next volume will be the one to tackle the evergems.

PaintDrop

Heh. Rarity found about SweetStuff’s suggestive human socks and grounded her. She’ll be back next week, I think.

I haven’t read the last 3 chapters :( I really must catch up. Plust, you okay to read them together tonight?

YouKnowWho

@LyraHands: she is fine, just tired. I keep telling her not to overdo things, but... I’ll give her your thanks before she wakes up.

ColdLight

Hah! Being a tool all along! Pathetic! I could do better with my arm tied to my tail!

SteveThumb

@SteveThumb: I dare you!

HoofTies

SteveThumb message has been deleted.

HoofTies message has been deleted.

SteveThumb message has been deleted.

SteveThumb message has been deleted.

HoofTies message has been deleted.

I’m locking the thread! Both of you get a 1 hour ban!

The TechNightling

PreviousChapters Next