• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,953 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,953

PreviousChapters Next
Brush’s Catching Up PMs

Hey,

It was nice seeing you at the reading. You’ve changed a lot-much thinner, and yet calmer. I’m so glad to see you smile again. How have you been holding up?

Brush

Hello, hello.

I’m fine. This time really. It just took a little more time and a few crises to get me on track, I guess. Mostly, I’m relieved that Scoops is doing better. She seems happy and healthy, even if my family constantly worries she’ll have a relapse. Her changeling also seems nice. I’ve spoken to him a few times. We spoke mostly about poetry and philosophy. He’s surprisingly deep. I was afraid Scoops would pick somepony because of his looks. With mares such as her and RRBB it’s difficult to match up.

You still look magnificent, by the way. I’m glad that CEO makes you happy. My marefriend was impressed we used to date, but then again, you always were special. I’m so sorry for treating you the way I did. I felt so hurt at the time and… I always was a spoilt brat. So sorry that things didn’t work out.

MasterOfThisAstra

Sweetie, you were entirely inexperienced and I was both uncertain and too eager. It’s not your fault it didn’t work. If anything I should have behaved adequately. Sometimes things just happen. The important thing is that we’re both alright now, and that we (I hope) still are friends.

Brush

I told you before. You’ll always remain in my heart. The reason I didn’t want to see you was because it hurt too much. That’s why I ran away. I was stupid, I even considered enlisting in the army for a while. I’m lucky that she found me, and accepted even with all my luggage.

After being with her I could see how naïve and unready I was at the time. Many would beg to get the chance I did.

MasterOfThisAstra

You’re being hard on yourself. It’s almost weird since our roles were reversed when we were together. And you remember I told you you’re magnificent. I stand by that. Things just happened.

And you have no baggage, just a bit of confusion.

Brush

Sweetwings, I’m a stallion. We all come with heaps of baggage. Some of us have just accepted it and moved on. I just kept it hidden so you couldn’t see because I was afraid you’d leave me. (Yes, I was terribly insecure despite my act.)

MasterOfThisAstra

Let’s agree to keep the bad things of the past in the past and just remember the good ones, okay? ;)

Brush

I’d like that.

MasterOfThisAstra

What do you say about a get together? Just four of us? I know so very little about your marefriend and I’d like to catch up with what’s been going on with you. For all I know you could have started some amazing new hobbies I’m unaware of.

Do you still read? Did you try writing? I know Jade has become very focused on his future (Max tells me he’s been urging her a lot to have foals.) Have you given any thought? We’ve decided to spend a few foal free with CEO. He has his career and I have my responsibilities and for the moment that seems best.

Brush

You’re changed a lot. :) I’ll love to meet-up somewhere. My gf seems fascinated with Ponyville so we’ll be staying here for a few weeks. We have no set schedule, so anytime is fine.

MasterOfThisAstra

That’s perfect. I’ll have to ask CEO for his schedule (it changes a lot) but I’m free mostly every day. I’d love to see you two in Sugarcube Corner, or somewhere else if you like.

Brush

Sure. She can’t get enough of the local sweets. Are you okay with me inviting my sis? I really want to get her out of the house as much as possible, for a number of reasons. It’s also been a while since I’ve seen Jade. I sort of got out of touch with a lot of ponies lately.

MasterOfThisAstra

That sounds great. At some point, though, I’d just like us four to have dinner somewhere. Call me sentimental. :)

Brush

Heh, you really are. I’m okay with that, though. Just be ready for lots of questions from my gf. She gets overwhelmed easily by anything new. She’s the typical artistic type, just not with writing. I know it’s a bad thing to say, but I don’t want this to become a competition. Okay?

MasterOfThisAstra

Don’t worry. It’s nothing like that. I just was really glad to see you and wanted to catch up again. I’m okay to wait more if you don’t feel comfortable. Promise.

Brush

I know. Sorry. It’s just that so much has changed.

And yes, I have started thinking about foals. I guess you can say it’s a stallion thing. I haven’t asked yet, but think she’ll be okay with it. It’s different with Crystal ponies. This is the first generation that is free of Sombra, so they really look forward to having foals that have never experienced the horror. Jade told me about it one time, when he was extremely drunk after meeting Max. There’s this subconscious fear that Sombra will return and they have to hurry.

I hope we have foals soon. Maybe our foals will play with your foals? Won’t that be something?

MasterOfThisAstra

I’m know it will. :)

Brush

What will you be doing with your writing career? The publishers have been asking for a sequel to your story. It did rather well, you know. Nowhere near Equestrian fame, but over 80% of the quantity was sold, and a small fan community has formed. Only in Manehattan for now, but enough to generate interest. Who knows, there might even be fanfics? :)

MasterOfThisAstra

You want to know a secret? There have been two crossovers :D LightSparkle pointed it out a while back. And I’d like to write a sequel, but maybe not right now?

Brush

Whenever you’re up to it. If you do, can I be your editor again? Your writing is what I fell in love with you for, after all. Well, one of the things. My gf enjoyed the book as well.

MasterOfThisAstra

It’s fine. And when I say not now it’s only because of time issues. There are things I can’t talk about that prevent me making any long term commitments. You okay for dinner? I’ll get Max and you could bring your sis and gf.

Brush

Saving Equestria again?

MasterOfThisAstra

Saving Equestria again :)

See you soon, hooftoy.
Brush

Until this evening.

MasterOfThisAstra

PreviousChapters Next