• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,945 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,945

PreviousChapters Next
Rumors 2

Girls? I got some new info! (And am going totally crazy :D)
The series is confirmed! The first announcement will be in a few weeks, followed by a viral campaign. Still no idea what it'll be about. The only thing I know for sure is that there will be a new villain.

Speculation? I think it'll involve Titans.

PrinceEric

Thank you for the information, PrinceEric.

Although I'm still not convinced that a new series is on the way this soon after the last, especially with a new set of writers, I believe it's logical for there be a return to original series villains. Admittedly, the majority of those were cardboard caricatures of characters, but we also have some of the best fantasy villains in fiction (and not only colt fiction). Hera was a perfect example of a grand villainess. I really hope we see more of her. She had so much potential that never came to fruition.

I, unfortunately, have been too busy with work and the filter systems of the site to look into the matter.

The TechNightling

@PrinceEric: I don't know who your sources are, but you were right.

From what I learned there's going to be a heavy push on this one. The goal is to have it compete with the Daring Do series. A tall order, if you ask me. Daring Do the lucrative YA group and is exceptionally close to reality. Midnight Castle, for all its remarkable world and plot building, remains a humie fic series... and that still holds a stigma be it for colts or not.

Going back to what I learned:

The "Great Eight" will become the "Fine Nine."
Seems like a new cast member will join the group. There are no details, but I was lead to believe that it's possible for her to be a girl. (Maybe Bob's fiction will come true and we'll have Cassandra join the fold?)

There will be a new villain.
No surprises there. PrinceEric has also confirmed as much. The interesting part is that the new villain won't be an ancient evil, or an adversary their age, but "both". To be honest that has me completely stumped.

A set of collectible miniatures will emerge alongside the new series.
Personally, I'm surprised this hasn't happened already. Colts love playing with miniatures. My brother has an entire room filled with them. Without going into details, these ones are likely to be of extremely good quality. I'll poke RRBB to see if she can learn more... once she's completely ungrounded.

That's all I managed to get. I expect next week there might be more.

PaintDrop

I think I have an answer for your villain question, PaintDrop.

The way I read it, it sounds very much like they'll be rebooting a villain from the original. I only hope they don't mess things up like they did with Icelos. (Phobetor is an attempt at the same character, but with a different name.)

Also, congratulations, PaintDrop. You are now officially a Nightling... for better or worse. Here, have a water bottle.

The TechNightling

Argh! That's it! I'll just become somepony's slave now and save myself the agony.
New series? Miniatures? As if I didn't spend enough money on MC as it is. (Huge thanks, Tech. I might go bankrupt, but at least I'll have my own original collection.)

Brush, Bob, you ok I be your slave? CodeFilly is cheap as dirt! :P Maybe I should ask Prince Blueblood if he can use one more servant in the palace? He knows about MC, so he can't be all bad.

Seriously, though, great work! I'm drooling all over my screen just thinking about it!
curse my weak will and diminishing funds!

LyraHands

It's a hoax!

MixaMax

@The TechNightling: thanks. :) Coming from you that means a lot.

@LyraHands: if you're short on bits I can help out. You did create this place, after all.

PaintDrop

@LyraHands: Woooow! I'm offering my coding services for free, you know! :P

CodeFilly

@LyraHands: we seriously need to talk.

Bob

@PaintDrop: Wowowowow! You sure got a cool inside scoop! I'm so envious!

I told you how I get my info. I just hang around fillies and they tell me. (I may or may not be sort of charming in real life O:))

PrinceEric

@LyraHands: you can crash at my place anytime you want, girl. No slavery, though. :)

@PrinceEric: you little flirt! :P It's always the quiet ones, eh? Guess I know who to be careful round if we ever do a site meet-up!

@PaintDrop: name your price!

Brush

There will be an equivalent of the Wonderbolts, composed of mostly male characters with two exceptions. The new character will be someone from there.

Don't go around saying I don't know stuff :P

CEOWitch

@CEOWitch: joining the bandwagon, are we? What you've just said is an educated guess that everypony can make by reading the posts so far. If you want any of us to take you seriously either name a source or give a unique detail that could be checked.

PaintDrop

@PaintDrop: what's your problem? Next you'll say I'm not a mare either.

CEOWitch

@CEOWitch: Well, I haven't seen any proof so far!

PaintDrop

@PaintDrop: As much as such a reaction might be merited, there's no need for such language. You've made your point, let's leave it at that, please.

@CEOWitch: while. I understand you're from a different environment, I really would like to ask you to make an effort to be less extreme. Several users have PMed me about you, which is a lot considering how small the group is. I still choose to believe that you bear no malice, but please make an extra effort.

As for your claim, some additional proof would be vastly appreciated.

Thank you.

The TechNightling

The new character will be announced during a Wonderbolt show in Manehattan next week. She will come as something of a surprise to fans of Mistmount Chronicles.

CEOWitch

@all: Please stop!

I happen to know who CEOWitch is and can assure they are no troll, nor do they want to impress, snub, or hurt anypony here. I know all this is a the result of miscommunication. CEOWitch is one of the nicest ponies I know in real life (even before I learned who they were on the site.)

With that I'm closing the matter!

LyraHands

PreviousChapters Next