• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,953 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,953

PreviousChapters Next
Lyra PMs: S.Child’s Revelation

Hello Lyra,

I think it’s time we talked.

S.Child

Omg! I’ve been following your account ever since that time you posted! Wow! Just wow! You have no idea how excited I am right now! I mean you... you created my dream! You changed my life in so many wonderful ways! Without you I’d probably be miserable and alone, still fighting with my parents. You gave my life meaning.

At first I thought MC was an escape from reality, but the lessons you put inside, the philosophy of the characters... they helped me become a better pony.

Thank you so much for this!

LyraHands

I’m so glad. :) Watching you and all the other Nightlings talk about the world I created, come up with their own stories and theories, and organize meetups warms my heart.

And now I’ve decided to answer your question :)

S.Child

My question?

LyraHands

The question every Nightling keeps asking herself: who is S.Child? Are you ready for the answer?

S.Child

I’m not sure.

I mean I have always wanted to know, but if you tell me I’m scared I might lose interest in the story and no longer remain a Nightling. :( It’s stupid, I know, but... I’m not sure what to do. Maybe we should leave it at this? It’s enough I got to talk to you :)

LyraHands

My dear Lyra :) If the mystery behind my identity is the reason you’re reading the stories that means Midnight Castle is a cage and the sooner I set you free the better. I don’t think that’s the case. I’ve seen the passion you have. Do you not read stories written by your friends? You know the authors, yet still like the stories.

Me telling you my name is the least I could do for the spark of hope you’ve made blossom into what the Nightling community has become. Do not fear it might change you :)

S.Child

You’re as tempting as your stories... :)

LyraHands

It’s been mentioned on occasion ;)

S.Child

Very well! I’ve been dying to know since I was a filly! Who is S.Child really!

LyraHands

S.Child is actually Prince Blueblood. But he’s not the original author of Midnight Castle. :)

I came up with that world. It was based on a realm I visited, so different from my own that I found some aspects of it fascinating. Blueblood was such a shy foal in his youth. After the tragic demise of his parents he didn’t leave his room in the palace, refusing to talk to anypony, order hoof outside. I tried many things to cheer him up, but nothing was able to change his mind. Then one day I told him a story about humans.

The first stories weren’t anything special from a literary point of view, but they didn’t have to be. There were no consistent main characters, no deeper plot, just stories to help him sleep better. And to my joy they worked. In a week he asked me a question for the first time. In two he joined me for breakfast in the dining hall. The stories captured his imagination like I didn’t think possible. From that point on I started subtly adding advice to my stories, and I’d end each one whispering “to my Sun Child”.

S.Child

You’re Princess Celestia?!

LyraHands

And your the third pony who knows that ;)

Seeing the effect the stories had I decided to have them published. I used an old friend to do it in my stead, pretending she was the author. The poor soul passed away five years ago. She was a good friend.

We decided to keep the pen name S.Child

That’s so... that’s incredible! You did so much for Prince Blueblood and countless other foals.

LyraHands

And neglected my own daughter in the process. Just because I’m a princess doesn’t mean I don’t make stupid decisions. Blueblood was a colt and I thought he needed emotional support. Sunset was a mare, so I thought she needed toughening up. “Tough love” as it were. As a result I almost lost her. Ironically the thing that splintered her away from me also brought her back.

The universe works in mysterious ways. Even I can not control what happens. :)

S.Child

Thank you fir telling me this, Princess! I’ve no words to say what I feel right now.

LyraHands

No longer afraid you’d stop reading MC stories? ;P

S.Child

Quite the opposite!

Now I want to reread all of MC starting from the first! Now that I know you wrote them and why, it will be an entirely different experience!

LyraHands

I’m glad, my Little Lyra :)

I no longer write, but I keep an eye on what is written, just as Prince Blueblood does. We both do our best to keep the core of the story the same, despite the changes. As a colt he’s more into adventure mixed with emotions, and so far he’s proven to be right. The Mistmount Chronicles were his idea. He knew he couldn’t write himself, so he kept coming to me in the moments I was free and telling me about it. A story of five human boys going on an adventure facing an evil wizard. Gradually the five became six, the wizard became the Felina corporation, and I became Zeus. (Yes, I was supposed to be there as myself, giving advice to the heroes from a distance.)

It took a lot of convincing, but I could see the sparkles in his eyes as he told me the stories, so I let it happen. The rest you’ve already experienced yourself :)

S.Child

That’s... thank you so much for sharing this story with me! I’ll cherish the feeling forever, even if I forget the reason for it.

LyraHands

Forget the reason? O.o

S.Child

Aren’t you doing to use an amnesia spell on me? Or lock my memory of this conversation? This is the greatest secret of the fandom! I can’t just walk around with it.

LyraHands

My dear student, you’ve been reading too many stories :P Of course I won’t do something like that. I shared the secret with you because I know you could keep it ;)

S.Child

I’ll delete the messages just in case. Thank you again, S.Child. For this and for everything!

LyraHands

My pleasure :)

S.Child

Author's Note:

One last chapter to go...

Also a reminder should anyone participate in the contest: you have a day left :)

PreviousChapters Next