• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,953 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,953

PreviousChapters Next
Changes and Improvements

@all: Announcement!

I'd like to announce that the site got its 1000th member today! I know this is nothing compared to the popular sites, but for us it's a pretty big deal. To mark the occasion we've upgraded the user interface a bit (notice the human banners made by our err own PaintDrop :)) and fixed a few pesky errors.

Along with that, and to cope with the huge influx of ponies and stories, we've also added a set of new features and implemented some policy changes. Usually Lyra would be the one announcing this, but she's got a rehearsal to prepare for (it's counts big time for her graduation score).

First let me say that MightyDragon (a.k.a. my geeky fiancé) has agreed to become a permanent moderator and help Tech and myself maintain the code.

Second, as Lyra mentioned, we'll be moving to a more restricted model of story posting. Now, before everypony starts to panic, let me explain. You'll still be able to submit stories, only now new stories will be curated and returned if they don't cover some minimal requirements. (Just for your info, this is going on even now: stories that have no connection to Midnight Castle are removed all the time.)

What do you need to do so your story gets approved for posting?
1) Be sure your story has a clear connection to MC
2) Have minimal grammar and spelling standard (at least)
3) Use the appropriate tags, especially if your story has adult content

Simple, isn't it? And in order to have everything running smoothly, here's the list of curators that will be overseeing the process:

Jade, LightSparkle, MasterOfThisAstra, RRBB, and DarkSparkle.

Finally, onto some tech stuff:

Thanks to Luna and Prince Blueblood (who has an account on the site) we have our own storage where to hold all our fics! So from now on no more hosting elsewhere (unless you want to).

We've also created a Lyra's Choice section, in which Lyra (based on her thoughts and suggestions from Mods) will post stories we subjectively like. (Please don't make this into a contest.)

Thank you!

CodeFilly

@All: CodeFilly forgot to mention that writers who have proven they understand the quality requirements will be able to post stories and updates without going through the standard submission process. (That is until they mess up and I have to step in and there will be much crying and gnashing of teeth, then Code will get mad at me and take away my modhood, and I'll cry all day, and she'll apologize, and...)

MightyDragon

Hey, you just got to the good part! Get to the smooching and the other stuff! :P

LightSparkle

Mmm. Smooching and other stuff... *drools* :) I think I'll write a story based on that.

Brush

@all: I just want to clarify something.

Curators will pass through the same screening process as everypony else, regardless of skill. I don't want anypony to think that we'll be giving each other a free pass. I can safely say that all of us have had some professional experience in literature, and we'll take our responsibilities very seriously!

DarkSparkle

@DarkSparkle: That we do, and I'm sad to say that your first submission failed to pass the required quality criteria and cannot be posted at this time.

Jade

What?!? Why? How? I checked the grammar and spelling a dozen times! Proofread it another two must be certain. Is it the language? Did I go too far with my use of suggestive language? Or did I mistag something?

Please tell me what I did wrong and I'll fix it!

DarkSparkle

@Jade: you jerk! :/ No more snuggles for you this week!

@DarkSparkle: Relax, he's just pulling one of his stupid jokes. Your story is up. I already read it, and I must say... it's definitely something new. A pony waking up in Mistmount... err, nope! Not going there!

Don't get me wrong, I like a good romance, but the way everyone just accepts her?

"What are you, deary?" The apple seller asked, handing me a large green apple.

"Umm, just a magical pony?" I smiled knowing full well how absurd it sounded. If I were in Equestria and a talking tree told me the same, the first thing I'd do is teleport to the doctor.

"Oh, are you now?" He patted me on the head. The experience was quite shocking, though not unpleasant...especially when he started scratching that spot behind the ear. "I take it you don't have a place to stay either.

Props for the ear scratching (it's so hard to reach that spot), but come on! Am unknown creature appears out of nowhere and the first reaction is "here's some food, do you have a place to stay?"

Hope you do better next chapter!

MixaMax

@Jade: Don't scare me like that!

DarkSparkle

@MixaMax: Really? It's usually you asking for snuggles.

Jade

@Jade: double snuggles then! Triple! All the snuggles! That will teach you to disagree with me!

MixaMax

@MixaMax: *sigh* What did I do to deserve this?

Jade

Everypony! RRBB didn't come to school today! When I went by her house her parents wouldn't let me see her. I managed to have a sneak chat with her butler and he told me that she'd gone on a trip to Canterlot. I'm worried.

@Luna: can you please tell me what's going on?

PaintDrop

Give me some time. I'm going through yesterday's incident. The colt's wing wasn't broken, which is good, and he did say something he wasn't supposed to. However, the force RRBB used was excessive.

I'll let you know if I learn more, okay?

Luna

I'll see what I can learn as well. Will be having a chat with Blueblood later today. Just don't worry. I'm sure it's nothing.

CEOWitch

@PaintDrop: she seemed fine yesterday, considering. Quite shaken, but she handled herself well when I saw her. Hope she hasn't done anything stupid again.

MixaMax

@All: I know I shouldn't be an asshole so soon after becoming a mod, but it would be best if we stop discussing RRBB in public? PMs would be more than necessary. Let's be a bit considerate of her, okay?

MightyDragon

Yes, that's would be a wise thing to do. And don't worry, everypony, I have a feeling she'll be fine.

InItForTheShipping

PreviousChapters Next