• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,949 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,949

PreviousChapters Next
Real Life Panic

@all: Is there anypony from the Crystal Empire? I heard there's been a flash blizzard that has paralyzed the capital. No trains in or out. :( Do you think it's Windigos?

I pray that everything is okay, but that has me really scared. If you're from there or know anypony who is please let us know. I'll also be organizing a check-in site so at least there's info on the matter. @CodeFilly, @The TechNightling, can you lend a hoof?

LyraHands

@LyraHands: Something definitely is going on. Stars, I hope it isn't windigos. With Cadence there they shouldn't be able to come close. I asked the Mayor for more info, but she's just as in the dark as I am. :(

@Brush: do you know anything?

MixaMax

@LyraHands, @MixaMax: I haven't been called yet, but might well be. I'll ask at the weather center. If it's weather related they should know.

I really hope no one is hurt :(

Brush

I have some info. All trains and roads to and from the Empire are blocked. Air is tricky. The storm clouds are blocking nearly all magic, aethernet included. Dragonmail is also impossible.

Not gonna lie, things look scary. Hopefully, is a freak storm.

@LyraHands: great initiative! Well know when the net is back up. Maybe also add a note about clothes donations? It's still early, but if this keeps up help centers for clothes and blankets will pop up in every major city, for when the trains can reach the Empire.

I'll let you know if I learn more.

Bob

Things are real. Wonderbolt show is cancelled. The A-team is scrambled and heading to try and breach the cloud cover. Would be nice if somepony knew what the fuck was going on there!

CEOWitch

Weather is clueless. I asked a friend and she said no clouds are planned for this month. Empire weather is as bad as Everwheather :/

@CEOWitch: I'll call in a favor and see what's going on. I'll write in a bit.

Brush

This can't be real! I have family that moved to the Empire! Stars I was thinking of going there next week! Paint's brother studies there!

What if it's another invasion? I really don't know what to think right now.

@Brush @Bob: please tell me you know something!

RRBB

@RRBB: don't worry. Everything will be ok. We'll deal with this. Take the day off, spend it with PaintDrop and your family. If something comes up somepony will post it here.

I'll have to go. Hope to check the site in a few hours.

CEOWitch

@Bob: added a note. Thanks.

LyraHands

@all: All aethernet in the Empire capital is down. A few airbases nearby are in battle readiness. So far only the Wonderbolts have been dispatched. As difficult as it is, I suggest we try to keep calm. I know what you're going through—I lost my wife in a weather accident seven years ago—but starting a panic will help no one. CEOWitch gave some great advice: take the day off if you need to, but try to be as calm and collected as possible.

The TechNightling

There'll be an announcement from the Palace in about ten minutes. Mostly, what's already been said. A mage train is getting ready to try and Pierce the cold belt.

In the meantime just wait. Please.

Luna

This is shit! :/ Nopony knows anything. I even tried getting in touch with Twilight.

@RRBB: Hang tight. I'll send sis to be with you and PaintDrop.

MixaMax

I hope it's just me, but did CEOWitch say she was a Wonderbolt and flying into the storm? I hope nothing bad happens to her.

@LyraHands, @Bob: I can gather a lot of blankets and clothes. Just tell me where to take them. I've also spoken to a few friends to do the same.

@RRBB, @PaintDrop: I'm so sorry :( Let me know if I can help.

Candle

@CEOWitch: the clouds are full of wild magic! Buck it! Please read this on time! You might lose your ability to fly if you go through. Dammit, CEOWitch!! :(((

Brush

@Brush: are the in city okay?

RRBB

@RRBB: Fuck! Sorry :( Yes, everypony inside is supposed to be well for now. Most are in the palace with Shining casting a protective shield. Please, tell PaintDrop.

Brush

@Brush: thank you. I will.

RRBB

@all: Girls, I'll be volunteering to go on the mage train. I've a good enough magic score to be let on. While I'm gone CodeFilly will be taking care of the site. Please post any news here as you get it.

I'm linking all emergency help sites. Tech, please check to see if any of them are scams. Also add any new ones if you could.

LyraHands

@LyraHands: Don't you dare!!!

Bob

Mods, @all this message.

Communication with the Crystal Empire has been restored. Anther is back up, but public access is deliberately blocked not to overwhelm it. There's nothing to worry about. There will be an official announcement soon.

The short version is that there was a freak magic storm for a few hours, but it's now gone. So far no pony has been harmed as a result.

Thank you for all your effort. Get some rest. Take the day off. If anypony has any issue at work or school, just let me know and I'll settle things.

Luna

@all: Communication with the Crystal Empire has been restored. Anther is back up, but public access is deliberately blocked not to overwhelm it. There's nothing to worry about. There will be an official announcement soon.

The short version is that there was a freak magic storm for a few hours, but it's now gone. So far no pony has been harmed as a result.

Thank you for all your effort. Get some rest. Take the day off. If anypony has any issue at work or school, just let me know and I'll settle things.

Luna

@Luna: thank you so much! That's the best news we could wish for.

LyraHands

@Candle: guess the secret is out. ;)

Thanks for your concern, all (and especially you, @Brush). Wonderbolts were called off. Locals can deal with it.

Some scare, eh?

CEOWitch

@CEOWitch: When the storm heard it had to deal with your ugly snout it flew away. Don’t scare us like that, you idiot. :) And thanks.

RRBB

Girls! Sorry I couldn't be here :( Parents were a bit freaked about that and dragged me out of school. Didn't have access to my computer until just now.

Now that it's over, what do you think it was? Imagine if there were a portal to Earth in center of the Crystal Empire! Won't that be cool or what?! What if the storm was because Danny or Bellucio crossed over?

PrinceEric

@PrinceEric: … never change, bby;) *intense hug* *ear chew*

Brush

PreviousChapters Next