• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,951 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,951

PreviousChapters Next
Bellucio Theories

Good morning,

My apologies to all, but the personal messaging system will take a few more days. An urgent task has come up, requiring my attention elsewhere. The only way this affects you all is that my request that you refrain from posting NSFW content is prolonged until then.

A few other site improvements:

Midnight Help Section
I have added added a somewhat functional help section. Explanations need a bit work, but is usable at this point. If there's anything missing, feel free to tell me or LyraHands and we'll make the appropriate changes.

Member Titles
Members now have titles visible under the user name. At present I've only used generic titles (Princess, Moderator, Member, Newbie). It's a simple process to add more classes and change the names, so don't worry about that. Also, everypony with an existing account is automatically assigned the Member title. Any new users will start as Newbies for a period of seven days.

String Scripts
You can now use simple combinations to use phrases while posting. For example *n will automatically post *nuzzles*. For the time being scrips are hardcoded, which means you'll have to ask me or LyraHands to add more on the list. That said, LuraHands has assured me that we have the ones you most commonly use.

See you in a few days,

The TechNightling

@The TechNightling: thanks, bby. *nuzzles* *tackles* *kisses with spaghetti*

Brush

@The TechNightling: Thanks! Be back soon!

By the way, that post got me thinking. How do you think aether works in MC? We've seen that they have computers (Tartarus, Eric even carries one round his neck), but it's never clear how they function. The whole notion of mana generators seems a bit absurd. In Shadowknife's prophecy (season 1 finale) we have Megan "disrupt" the Felina corp powerplant so that Molly can sneak in and get the shadowknife to Bellucio. It's said that "causes half the city to go black" and "sorceress squads fill the streets to prevent a panic."

What the heck, S.Child?!? I mean, I get it's hyperbole, but still... half a city? Not that I see it practical having every home getting its mana from the same powerplant.

Anyway, I digress. Clearly they gave computers and an equivalent to the aethernet. My question is, how do you think it works? (Please don't say "deities!" I really don't see Zeus, Poseidon, And Hades running around fixing everyone's computer.)

MixaMax

@The TechNightling: get some rest, sweetie. You've earned it. :)

@MixaMax: Good one! Yeah, some of the things seen illogical, but it's the humie tech that makes Midnight Castle so great. Keep in mind that the idea of powerplants (also called manaplants in a few chapters) isn't new. Tech will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was mentioned in the third chapter of the original series. I was just a filly back then, but I remember Danny taking Caprice (same names, different characters) into a powerplant for some reason.

My take is that they use some form of stored rainbow or lightning and transfer it via silver threads to the homes. As for the aethernet, I think it is a deity. Remember the chapter in which Bellucio spent all night posing in front of his computer and then had love letters appear on every aethertech he walked passed? What if the focus wasn't Bellucio's vanity, but in fact the aether deity falling for him?

LyraHands

@LyraHands: Nooooo! Not my Bellucio! *hiss* *stomp*

Brush

Girls, girls! I just realized the most extraordinary thing!

I was rereading Am I Who I Am? And it hit me. Bellucio is fashioned after Prince Blueblood! Same mannerisms, same hair, same way of speaking. Even that time he stops to take a rose from a random garden as the Great Eight run from the Fae Queen.

I can't believe I didn't see that sooner! Now I wonder what other characters were based on real life. Do you think Zeus is Princess Celestia humanized? Hades is so totally Princess Luna (remember he can also enter memories, also that would explain why the two of them go so well in Portal Madness). No idea who Poseidon is. Maybe Cadence?

PrinceEric

Bellucio is fashioned after Prince Blueblood!

I think I'm going to be sick D: Eric, bby, why did you do this to me?

Brush

@Brush: What? Blueblood is hot! I mean I'm a colt, but I'll totally go gay for Blueblood.

PrinceEric

@PrinceEric: Wow! You're a total flirt, just like Brush! :P But, yes, Blueblood is hot. (Sorry, Brushy O:))

@MixaMax: I think I read in one of the scroll companions that Midnight powerplants were sun powered. That's why the CEO freaked when Eric told her Celestia might pass through the portal. As for the aethernet I'm clueless, but am so stealing Handy's idea! (Thanks, LyraHands :))

By the way, I openly asked my friend if she would join and got a definite maybe! (Hey, it's not as bad as it sounds!) I gave her Eyes of Lightning, and she promised if she likes it she'd make an account. I'm counting on you, Brush! Don't let me down!

Also. We'll be having a "surprise test" this Friday, so I don't think I'll be able to post or link more stuff till the weekend. My parents are making a big fuss about it. It's not like I'm a straight-A student and have the second highest score in the hay-spitting school! :/ Sometimes I really can't understand what my parents want.

RRBB

@LyraHands: oooh! I like! :) I must re-read that chapter. It puts everything in a totally new perspective!

@RRBB: I had totally forgotten about that. It's still stupid. What do you suggest? They steal part of the sun and store it in the powerplant? And of course The TechNightling is gone when we need him. :(

@PrinceEric: Interesting. Blueblood's whiny as heck. That ass though... :)

MixaMax

@The TechNightling: Did you read my story? Please, tell me what you think when you get back.

Candle

@PrinceEric: No! Nope! Just no!

The heck, girls! You got me thinking about that… and I actually see Blueblood as I go to work. Damn it! I hate you all! If I get arrested for attempting to flirt with royalty, it's all your fault!

LyraHands

PreviousChapters Next