• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,954 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,954

PreviousChapters Next
Where's the Karl Love?

Girls, girls! There's a question that has been driving me nuts for a while now. I know this might change with the new series going on, but... I just want to know!

Why is Karl so disliked? I've been reading through some of the stories and both there and in the comments pones laugh at him. Not that he's my favorite or anything, but I still find him likable.

Any ideas?

PrinceEric

@PrinceEric: it's not that everypony hates him, he's just more like a background human. He's only there half the time, and even then doesn't do much. If you gather all the chapters, apart from those he actually does something relevant, you'll see he does exactly one and the same: find a new/strange/old animal, discuss some weird/useless facts about plants, break someone's skull... oh wait, he won't because Karl believes in non-violent confrontation.

If I have to be honest Karl is one of those characters that has the best schemes in one or two chapters and is entirely forgettable in all the rest. In a way he's like Molly without a love interest.

LyraHands

@PrinceEric: that's because he's totally boring! The way he's written he's supposed to act as the comedic relief character. However, since that overlaps with Omni's role (who, let's face it, is far better) Karl ends up becoming entirely forgettable. Even in the first two chapters of Everhere he's only there because he's there. :/

If you ask me the only reason they haven't gotten rid of him is because the notion of the gr8 (now the grand nine) is too deeply linked to everything else. Good thing I'm not in charge or I'll send him to Icelake or somewhere.

MixaMax

@LyraHands: says you! Karl is head over heals into Danny! -RRBB

I personally found him okay. He's almost as boring as my brother. Actually, I'll call my brother Karl when he gets home and see how he reacts.

PaintDrop

@LyraHands: I checked and Karl appears in more chapters than any other character. He also takes part in as many fights as Blazen.

You're right he's sort of predictable, though. Maybe that's it?

PrinceEric

@PaintDrop: if your brother was Karl... *drool* Just kidding :P Bellucio, on the other hoof...

@RRBB: you ship everyone with everyone!

Brush

And what's wrong with shipping everyone with everyone? Personally, I prefer the F-F ships, but M-M are far more popular, as well as straight ships.

I think Karl has a mega crush on Megan, though. She did compliment him a few times in Mistmount Chronicles (each time getting him to blush). And he was grouped with her in Everhere. I don't know about you, but I think Kegan is cute.

Bob

as well as straight ships.

Eww! Gross! Who are those weirdos? ... oh, hi, Brush. Didn't see you there. :P

MixaMax

Girls, no fair! :/ I haven't read the old series yet! :(

SweetStuff

@SweetStuff: you can borrow them from me.

PaintDrop

It's obvious how little you understand of relationships.

Karl has a crush on Bellucio, who has a crush on Caprice (which is so obvious in Mirror Magic, when she transforms into a girl).

Caprice is uncertain between Eric, Bellucio, and Blazen (I think she'd go for Blazen.)

Blazen has a crush on Megan, who has a thing with Cassandra (confirmed in MCE).

Omni has a thing for Danny, who is conflicted between Orpheus and Karl

Euryala might have a thing for Omni (since he defeated her and all), but that's just guessing.

DarkSparkle

Wow!

MixaMax

Wow!

LyraHands

Wow! Still is crap, though.

Brush

@DarkSparkle:

I don't think Blazen has a crush on Megan. He's indifferent in Mistmount Chronicles, and his conflicts in Everhere are based on his fear that Danny will discover his secret. As such I think if he should be shipped with anyone it's Danny.

Also, your Danny theory is unfounded. So far Danny has been tempted twice in his dreams and both times it said "love of the fairest maiden in the stars will be his" if he helps tainted Hades. If anyone I think he'll go for Euryala. She's a new character and has an established connection with Poseidon and the titans.

Twist

@Twist: very good, but you clearly don't take into account that Hades was corrupt to a point he couldn't get things right. He also offered him a golden kitten, while it's been stated that Danny likes dogs. Also, Hades mixed up Megan and Molly, referring to Molly as the "eldest".

And I completely disagree with your logic regarding Blazen! Just because you hid something from someone doesn't mean you have a crush on them!

DarkSparkle

Wooo! Where's the popcorn! War of the geeks! Who do you think will win? :)

MixaMax

Max,

While I recognize, this is in good fun, I strongly recommend that you avoid any talk about betting and gambling until our site disclaimer is in effect. If the popularity of the series rises, which is now more than likely based on the safes figures of MCE, we'll be getting more and more users. That includes users you don't know personally and who might think you're serious.

Thank you!

The TechNightling

I ship Max and Tech so hard! (I know I'm horrible).

CEOWitch

@CEOWitch: well, I ship you and Fleetfoot! ... Damn! Now I'm envious. Wanna trade?

MixaMax

Karl reminds ponies too much of themselves to be liked. He's the character who always gets left out, and they don't want to feel left out, so they don't want to associate with him.

Candle

@Candle: that's incredibly insightful!

DarkSparkle

I can say that at least two of the grand 9 will become a couple by the end of Volume 7.

Luna

Err... err... Megan x Euryala!

(That's the only one left...)

MightyDragon

... I'm going to bed! When ships start to make sense it's time to get some rest!

MixaMax

@MixaMax: at two in the afternoon?!

LyraHands

@LyraHands: shut up!

MixaMax

PreviousChapters Next