• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,952 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,952

PreviousChapters Next
Dragon Contest Results

Hey, hey. I know everypony’s scared (I am as well) but I thought I’d we could all use some distraction so I went ahead and read through the dragon fics. (There weren’t that many of them this time.)

Only small change, the reward will be delayed after a while... (heh heh heh), though the way things are going it might be a reward we’d all be getting...

Anyway, here goes :)

Edit: it’s okay if you don’t comment. If you can read through the stories, though. They will make you smile, and the authors put in a lot of effort in them.

LyraHands

I’m with you, LyraHands. Fear is the mind. We can’t control what happens in the world, but we can control how we react to it. (Thank my therapist for this wisdom.)

Just one quick question. How are you going to sort them? Special mentions, plus top three? Or?

RRBB

@RRBB: special mention plus top three will be best, I think.

I’d just like to point out something interesting: there were three entries that had Princess Jennifer, two of which made it to top 3.

@MightyDragon: I’m sorry. I could tell you really tried this time, but... you described a O&O session with dragons and humans. The title made me laugh ( Homes & Humans ) :)

LyraHands

As RRBB suggested starting with honorable mentions:

Star Trio by SweetStuff

Finally the much awaited fic that the community has been bugging (the future music idol) SweetStuff to write. It’s quite well written. The only reason why it didn’t make it further was because it isn’t complete. Yes, it says it’s complete, but the story reads more like a the first chapter of something larger, and that’s what I think it deserves to be :)

The story follows SweetStuff, who goes on vacation on Earth and meets a human guitarist who’s just had her band break up (the vocalist has left and the rest will be leaving for other towns after the end of their summer vacation). SweetStuff, of course offers to help, and after some wild and hilarious experiences they perform one last time in front of an audience. What does this have to do with dragons, you ask? Well, after this SweetStuff goes back to home... and Blake (the human) comes with her, where they find a third member (Saphire the dragon) and form an all female band. And then... the fic stops.

So, great start, SweetStuff, but keep at it :) I’m sure this will be one of the gems on the sister, especially since I know you’ll mix it with songs.

(Did I mention that the fic has all of the song lyrics performed in it? :)


I’m Just A Can Opener by Trousers

An entirely new author, but a very promising one. The story follows the life of Grape—a dragon who got accidentally transported to Earth and is clueless what to do. Since it’s a pure comedy, the dragon manages to convince people she’s actually an experimental can opener magically created by the corporations, and uses her claws and nails to open any cans. And if this isn’t funny in its own, Grape adds the additional rule that she can only remain with a person for three days, due to legal reasons.

This is another fic I’d love to have extended, but it’s also fine as it is. We have Grape Be with three humans, last of which is Athena, who at the end sends her home.

Very well done :) I hope I see more stories from you, @Trousers :) I suggest you poke the editors’ group as well :)


Tears of Liquid Fire by Brush

This is a beautiful story, but it’s just so sad that I had it drop out... sorry, Brush, but I feel that some cheer would be more appreciated right now. Any other day you’d have had the third spot *hugs*

The story is about a tragic romance between a human and a dragon. They are both in a corporate lab for experiments and manage to find a way to talk to each other using magic that the guards can’t detect. (Dragon breath.) The two get to know each other, then the human uses one of her spells to get past the guards and into the dragon’s sell. At that point they finally see each other... and the dragon uses his dragon breath to send her home because he loves her.

Brush, you!!! :( So sad, but so beautiful!

LyraHands

I’d just like to note that I edited SweetStuff’s fic. And yes, I’ve been telling her that she should make it a multi. Now there’s no excuse!

Anyway I’ll shut up now.

RRBB

Seems like no one else is typing. You might go ahead and do the top three. Guess it’s just one of those days :(

RRBB

I know :(

LyraHands

@LyraHands: Sorry to interrupt, but maybe delay the announcements for a while? Everyone is a bit scared right now, so I don’t think this would lighten their day a lot. I’m sure that in a few days or weeks it will. :)

It’s remarkable what you’re doing and I, sure it will be appreciated in time :)

InItForTheShipping

I thought it might make a difference...

Edit: yes, you’re right. The announcements can wait. Who knows maybe things will get better soon and moRe authors will join in?

LyraHands

@LyraHands: you bet! I’ll get Squishy to write something. Hay, I’ll write something as well. It will be silly and short, but will have dragons in it :)

RRBB

I’ll try as well, just for you :) Warning, I haven’t written since college... (around the time I started dating SaltyHuman). Hopefully, I haven’t forgotten everything.

InItForTheShipping

I think I’d prefer you being one of the judges. I’m not sure I’ll do a good job on my own. I’ll also ask Bob to help out when she gets the time...

Why do things have to be so complicated? Everything was getting better...

LyraHands

Don’t lose faith. We’ll push through this!

InItForTheShipping

Thank you. I’ll try.

LyraHands

PreviousChapters Next