• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,951 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,951

PreviousChapters Next
Sweet Changes

Hello, all. Sorry about being so grumpy lately... it’s been a difficult period for me (and I’m not getting into it). I just want to make a few announcements.

First of all, I’ll be moving to Canterlot tomorrow. Yes, I know it’s sudden, but if I’m to take my music career seriously I must settle down and get things ready. My sister has rented a small flat for me (rent paid for the first 6 months) so I should be fine until then.

I’ll also be opening a CMC chapter there (and don’t worry I’ll still be visiting Ponyville on CMC matters).

In addition, I’ve had talks with a number of friends and people I respect and have come to a major conclusion. I shall be writing my Rockstar Molly story. (Yes, a blatant self insert of me going to Earth and singing in Molly’s band.)

WaterBottle and YouKnowWho will be helping out with editing and feedback, and PaintDrop has agreed to do the cover for me. On my part, I’ll make a song for every chapter.

That’s all. Thank you for being here for me.

SweetStuff

@SweetStuff: is that all? :(

ForceFeedback

@ForceFeedback: Sorry. I thought you wanted to keep it private...

*deep breath* ForceFeedback will be moving in with me while I’m there. He’ll be applying for the Wonderbolt academy as a cadet (hooves crossed) but in the meantime we’ll be living together.

There, everypony knows everything now. (Including my fat sister :) Love you, sis.)

SweetStuff

@SweetStuff: Well it’s about time! Just say the word and I’ll edit the hay out of that story once you’ve done with it :) Also I can play a mean guitar (as DarkSparkle could attest).

@Luna: Will This Be part of the fan initiative?

LightSparkle

@LightSparkle: thank you so much for spoiling the news I was about to announce tomorrow :P

@all: since the cat is out of the saddlebag... after some talks Prince Blueblood and S&S have agreed to open a special line of MC books, namely good Fanfiction novels. As already mentioned project Butterfly is about to be published, and soon after other promising works will join it (with permission from the authors, of course).

SweetStuff’s novel will be one of those cases when it is ready, and passes the quality requirements of the editing team. Let me be clear about this, we are willing to publish only what we consider to be of good quality and not too different from the MC premise. (Which is sadly why a large number of great popular stories will not be eligible. :( )

This is still in the planning stages, so please don’t spam us for there’s an official announcement.

Thanks :)

Luna

@Luna: *gasp* will we get a reprint of Blue’s masterpiece? I mean, that is of so high quality that... it’s just beyond words! What is there to say? Rarely have I seen anything as magnificent as that. I mean, Brush writes well, but even she agrees that’s a masterpiece like none other!

CEOWitch

@Luna: you thinking of publishing that story by PlayedPiece? The non pathetic one? I want to know because I'm not giving gems to read that! Even if it has art!

SteveThumb

Oh? Having a crush?

LittleFinger

@CEOWitch: That’s it! I’m going to Spits right now and getting her to fire you! And you can kiss your dream of becoming a poster character for volume 2 goodbuy!

number1

@number1: he had a nice flank, though. That’s all you need to attract attention. :)

@SweetStuff: Woohoo! Muffins all around! I think it would be nice. Which version are you going for? The summer break? The sudden wake up?

DaBoss

@WaterBottle: !!! You promised not to tell anypony! I thought I could trust you! :/ You just have to learn to show some integrity! Just because a cute pair of wings asks you something you don’t have to blabber out everything!

@DaBoss: summer break. Going adventure will be too forced, I think. I want to focus only on the music. That and some social interaction. I’ll ever drop the Bellucio scene. Just simple music.

SweetStuff

@SweetStuff: I think it will be a great story. I like class dramas. And I love Molly... and you’re okay as well.

Sorry for acting like a jerk to you. You didn’t deserve it. And I was dumb.

Short&Hoofy

This is a rather inspired initiative. It will bring joy and distraction in times of crisis, as well as something for young minds to look forward to. I am glad that the quality will be considered. It will be unfortunate if stories like my own or AwesomePony’s make it there without serious revisions and fixes.

SweetStuff, I commend your decision. Going to Canterlot is a wise choice and will provide you access to the rich culture of Equestria, as well as the potentially most adequate protection. Of course, that might not matter.

@LightSparkle: you will be dropping by for the reading, I assume? I’d like you to bring me something.

DarkSparkle

Heh. DarkSparkle has become Darktrix! Beware the computer invasion!

TrueSparkle

@DarkSparkle: umm, okay?^^

SweetStuff

@SteveThumb: You’re sweet :) It's too short to be a novel. And having a whole novel celebrating Nightmare Night would be a bit much.

Buuut... I can make a music thing! Like the corporations starting a music competition and the grand9 take part. Oh! Better what if the deities organize it and the winner gets one wish? I’ll call it Music Mayhem! Thanks, SweetStuff.

PlayedPiece

@PlayedPiece: Do it right and I’ll personally support it being published. I’ll even do the cover art.

Celestia

Mom! :/

LightSparkle

I was quite good at drawing back in the day... maybe I should get back to it?

Celestia

I love this site! It cheers me up even when I’m feeling low. Must go start packing now... (I only have that much suitcases). Thanks all of you, and... nothing has changed really...

I’ll still be a few hours away. And there’re trains everyday and...

Sorry I’m like this I just...

SweetStuff

Little SweetStuff is all grown up :)

Grace

PreviousChapters Next