• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,949 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,949

PreviousChapters
Lyra PMs: The Honeymoon

*poke* Got a moment?

Bob

Let me guess, you have work and will be coming home late? :P really, you don’t need to worry just because we have foals now. All I need to do is open the window for a dozen potential foalsitters to show up :P

Do what you have to do :) Just try to be quiet when you get home.

LyraHands

Pfft! I’m always quiet! And it’s not that :) I have a surprise for you :D Something I think you’d really enjoy :)

Bob

You and your surprises :P You and the foals are all that I need :)

LyraHands

I know *kiss* but I promised you something special, and now I finally convinced my boss to give me the go ahead :)

Of course there’s some red tape (because why not :/) but in a week or two... ;D

Bob

Okay, I’ll bite. What is your surprise?

LyraHands

A honeymoon! And before you say a word I’ve spoken with InItForTheShipping and she’ll look after the foals while we’re gone. (Also DarkSparkle is backup, and ColdLight said she’d keep an eye on them during the night.) as you see everything’s covered :)

Can you feel it? Ten glorious days with you and me in the place of your dreams :)

Bob

That’s... actually that’s sweet, but after what Equestria’s been through I don’t think going on vacation somewhere would have the same effect. I appreciate the thought, though :) Maybe next year?

LyraHands

Who said anything about Equestria? ;)

Bob

Ooooh! Now that’s sneaky! I approve :)

LightSparkle did invite me a few times, but it didn’t cross my mind because of the foals. Now that you say you’ve managed to find someone responsible to take care of them... well, it’s tempting, I’ll give you that. I’m just still a bit worried if they’ll be fine. I mean I know I can trust InItForTheShipping. She knows more about magic and foal raising then I do, it’s just that...

I’ll ask LightSparkle if it’s okay for me to pop back home every evening for a bit to see how they are doing.

LyraHands

Err... we won’t be visiting LightSparkle. We’ll be going to Mistmount.

Bob

Wha? O.o

LyraHands

There’s more than one human realm, silly :) Besides the Earth that LightSparkle is in is a mirror dimension. If we go there we’ll become humans and possibly run into copies of ourselves if we’re not careful.

It’s fun, I admit (and you do look very sexy as a human :P) but I was thinking of something more special. I’ve arranged for us to visit the real thing :) Well, there won’t be any Danny or Felina Corp or mystical chases, but the town is exactly as described in the original stories.

Bob

Err... let me get this straight. You want us to go to Mistmount, THE Mistmount, for our honeymoon?!

That’s like.... this is happening so fast! I just learned a few days ago that humans are real, and now you tell me that there are several Earths, including one that has the actual Mistmount?

Bonny, how could you keep this from me?! I mean I know it’s a secret and all, but... seriously?! You know how much that would have meant for me! Hay, if I had known about LightSparkle’s Earth earlier I’d have gone visiting ages ago!

LyraHands

That’s precisely why I didn’t. You’d have gone there, and since things here were a bit... tense for you, you might have stayed. And I didn’t want that to happen.

Besides you would have freaked like a little filly :P I still remember how much you hyperventilated the last few days :P Learning that you could go to Mistmount would have been too much.

To be honest, I have no idea what it’s like there. I know we have friends there and that’s it. I also know we’ll have to be discreet about it. Talking ponies aren’t common there. Same for unicorns. We’ll have to be invisible during our stay, which means no photos.

Bob

Are you kidding? Who cares! Mistmount! I get to be in Mistmount! It’s like... wow! When you first suggested it, it hough you mean asking Princess Luna sculpt a dream for me in which we could go through the MCverse and have fun for a night. This is way beyond anything I could have imagined!

I don’t know what to say. These last few days have been one revelation after another. I... I thought that I cried a lot because of my pregnancy. I was wrong about that as well. I’m so happy right now that... you’re beyond the best things that happened to me! Without your support I wouldn’t have gotten nearly as far. The site would have died, or remained a small place for fans... I’d have remained living with my parents, coping with a life I hated. I’d have remained single, alone, and... I don’t even want to think about that! I’m just so happy right now that I could fly!

LyraHands

How do you imagine you make me feel? *nuzzles* :)

Bob

Umm... seems there’s a change of plans.

Bob

Oh? Is everything okay?

LyraHands

I’m not sure... Remember that red tape I told you about? The one that would take weeks to untangle? Well, I just witnessed a magical scissor appear and cut through it in less than a minute.

Would it be okay if we head off in... say an hour or so?

Bob

What?! An hour? What happened to your work? What happened with all the permissions required?

LyraHands

Well, my boss’ boss just teleported in and had a few words, it seems. Something about you helping save Equestria twice and such. Apparently. I have the rest of the day... provided I go on my honeymoon with you. ;)

Bob

It was Princess Celestia, wasn’t it?

LyraHands

I have no idea what your talking about. Actually, I think you’ve coming down with a strong fever, so I better rush and make sure you’re okay, take you to a hospital if I have to.

Bob

*giggle* Yeah, I think I feel it. Everything looks blurry all of a sudden.

Just get here, you goof. And thank your pastry team from me. *hugs & nibbles*

LyraHands

I love you.

LyraHands

I know. We’ll talk more on the way ;) Do you need to make a post you’ll be gone for a week?

Bob

Nah. The site will be fine without me :) It’s time I experienced the real thing. With you ;)

LyraHands

Author's Note:

With this EqF is finally over :)

Thank you all so much for persisting it to now (all 370 chapters), going through the highs and lows of the characters, sharing your thoughts and support. I’ll probably write a full blog about this later, but just wanted you to know how much you meant to me. Knowing that you enjoyed a bit of the story and were willing to devote your time often made my day throughout 2017.

As Lyra would say: thank you for changing my life. I hope the story has managed to make you smile every now and again.

May 2018 find you all well and happy :D

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 27 )

Well, I think after everything that's happened that this was the perfect way to end it. Calm, sweet, and adorable.

And thank you, for sticking with such a massive undertaking and providing such a wonderful story for so many of us. I may have only commented a few times to voice my distain for Celestia (still not forgiven, moreso now she made me lose that bet), but I was lurking since the start. It's gonna be weird checking in every evening and not seeing the addition to my tracked fics, but it was worth it for the year long ride.

So, once again, thank you for everything.

Thank you Lise

Thanks Lise, it has been a great story. Over 400,000 words! Five good-sized books! Congratulations on finishing it, and thank you for giving me something to look forward to every day. Take a break, you've earned it.

I can’t think of a better note to end this on. Thanks for writing this, Lise.

I’m so glad I found this story early on. All the speculation over characters, the drama, and even Jade were fun to wake up to everyday before my college classes took all my time.

So when can we expect the actual Mistmount Chronicles to be hitting stores, now that this is done?

Thank you Lise. Thank you, thank you!

Lovely ending to a really nice story.

You did us proud and I commend you for maintaining the daily as well as completing it.

Though I disagree with a large number of relationship developments, I will miss this story with its unique premise.

Oh my grop. The completed tag.
Honestly it's super impressive that kept up consistent character growth over a story that was so long and with so many characters, and you wrapped it up all nice and neat and delivered the end for new years.

What a ride, Lise. Thank you for writing.

It's sad that this is finally over but it has been a wonderfull story and it has been one of my favourites for months. The human world Lyra and BonBon go visit for their honeymoon is the same one where Firefly found Megan that's something I'm sure of.

End of an era here. Jeez one year of daily stories. Good job Lise. Been fun reading your stories after finding Dear Discord, I hate you so much!.

Huh? So they're going to an Earth somewhere but will be invisible? And on their honeymoon? You know what that means right?

It means there could be invisible ponies having sex in your front yard right now!:twilightsmile:

This has been the only constant fic in my favorites for a while now. I'll miss it, but there's always more, right?

What a great final piece to a fun story. I wonder if Bon Bon is telling the truth about Mistmount, or if she just got Luna and RRBB to go all out on the dream-sculpting.

I've really enjoyed this slice-of-life story, intermixed with humor and adventure. It's impressive how you managed to tell cute stories about basically the entire cast.

Thanks!

Wow. What a ride.

I don’t do this with many stories, Lise, but I’ve decided to favorite this, partly for the intriguing concept, partly for all of the amazing meta–story stuff you did in there, and partly for the amazing community that I was a part of for a short time on the Discord server (college made me have to leave a few months ago 🙁 ).

Here’s to a wonderful year to come!

P.S. It’s now officially 2018 in my time zone. Happy New Year!

8640828>>8640832>>8640840
8640843>>8640845>>8640855
8640856>>8640896>>8640917
8641039>>8641066>>8641178
8641412>>8641492>>8641987
8642004>>8642056

You really make me mushy reading all your comments :~) I honestly didn’t expect the reactions of the support I’ve gotten. This is one of the things I thought only happens to others.
Once again thank you so much. There were times in which you kept me going and helped me persevere till the end of the story.

Right now I’ve no idea what will happen with this verse. I still want to write the side fics I promised (when I reached 50 chapters) Jade’s story, Paint’s story, RRBB & Short’s foals, Twilight’s Battle... Hopefully, they’ll start appearing gradually in the next few months :) Right now I need to think about things, though... :)

Stay in touch and have a great 2018 :)

8643099
Well sure -- even if she needs a histamine blocker to enjoy them -- I just wasn't expecting her, is all. I probably missed a clue or something.

Lise, thank you so much for writing this. I'm just mad that I didn't start this sooner.

By the way, is there any chance of a full user reveal list?

Dan

8659042
Kalypso wasn't in the Iliad, that I can recall.

8659068
But you can't really just upload The Odyssey without The Iliad as one is a precursor to the other. Besides while Kalypso didn't appear in the Iliad, there were quite a few major contenders that did (or were at least mentioned) including Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon.

Okay now THIS is an ending that I did NOT expect! O.O

Although it's a FANTASTIC way to end the story! <3

Aww, is really complete? I'll have to go back and read it now that it's being removed from "Never Ending Stories". :fluttershysad:

What a story, easily the longest and strangest stories I've read on this site. But an amazing one none-the-less. Although I was a year late in everything, I've been reading two chapters of this every day I could, for the whole year.

I unironically want to read some of the stories that were pitched in this story, but alas, the beauty is in the mystery.

Amazing read, no story, book, movie, or series, has kept my interest for so long, all whilst not feeling boring or uninteresting.
Characters were realistic and enjoyable, even if some didn't seem so initially.
Multiple mysteries and dramas constantly going on, but not enough to loose track of them.

If only I spent as much time studying as much as I did reading this. But I would forever regret such a decision. 9/10 would read again. It would be 10/10, but some grammar mistakes are unforgivable.

It's been over a year and some, and this is the best still, in my mind at random times.

Oh, Mountain-kun, you are so fine! Your peaks go higher than any mountain range I know! Let's elope and get married!

I cannot, Valley-chan, for as much as I love you my parents would never allow me. You know mother Moon always frowns when she sees us together, and father Ocean has already promised me to the the Island clan.

Say it's not true, Mountain-kun! The Islands are pirates! They will only take you into the depths and drown you with their problems!

I have no choice, Valley-chan, for my parents are fond of Lagoon-hime. I expect the wedding to be tomorrow.

Nooo, Mountain-kun!

…to be continued.

And then the centaurs attacked.

9873443 In older fanfiction Rainbow Dash's middle name was often "Miriam."

Oh my god. I finished this after reading over the course of a few days, and this is absolutely beautiful. The Entire Thing. You make all these plots and multi-layer fiction levels so finely crafted, and logical, and magical, and emotional, and AHHH! I can't express enough how Epic this is. For Gods' (:ajsmug:) sake I have fanfic ideas along the lines of something something "Mistmount 40,000" and the best (worst?) part is how very well it would work! Mistmount Chronicles really should get written... Anyways: tl; dr: I love you, thank you. Teary-eyed, I say goodbye to this world, for now... :twilightsmile: :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Login or register to comment