• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,931 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,931

PreviousChapters Next
Chosen 3 Reading 1

Wow! Just wow! Everypony from school actually got here! So much for studying :P (Twist, I'm proud of you, filly!) But seriously, so many ponies from school plus… Miss Ch.! :D

This is going to be so much fun. Strange that Rarity isn't here. @SweetStuff, everything alright there?

RRBB

Hello, Paint wanted to go be the one saying what's going on, but since she's still a bit weak I'll be doing the typing.

From my part a big thank you to those who didn't run to the opposite side of the wall to be away from me. It's appreciated.

Gothling Bard

@RRBB: it's okay. She’s still on her mission, remember? WaterBottle’s sis isn't here either. (Guess they weren't able to make it after all.) I know I'll never hear the end of it, but I am worried. I miss that sis isn't here to interfere. Guess having a murderous Windigo puts things into perspective.

SweetStuff

@LightSparkle: wow, no one told me we'd be having supermodels here :P

Sorry, you're just changed your mane a lot since CrystalCon. Also glad you made it. I feel so out of place even if I'm among Nightlings. Any idea if Thumb showed up?

LittleFinger

@all: Reading starting in 5! Everypony, grab your food and please assembled in the hall. And be silent during the reading! Hop, True, and Simile have put a lot of effort into that! Plus it's MC!

There will be a ten minute break between chapters. Please, keep the thread clear until the end of the reading so that Eric can do his review. Once he posts, you can go about your shenanigans until the next reading.

Thank you! (And yes, Jade REALLLY is my husband! :/)

MixaMax

RRBB message has been removed.

Simile message has been removed.

RRBB message has been removed.

RRBB message has been removed.

MixaMax message has been removed.

At least my mom didn't show up.

LightSparkle

RRBB message has been removed.

Feather message has been removed.

Girls, this is getting absurd! Please stop.

@The TechNightling: Nothing to be alarmed about. Just silliness.

CodeFilly

Before I start… yes, Snips and I are a thing *blush*

Today's chapter felt a bit slow. Almost like a prelude to something else. Not bad in itself as long as the next chapter picks up. As it stands now, though… mostly a bit of lore filling. (Sorry, @Luna)

We start with Kalypso having dinner along in the dining room. All the other Chosen have gathered at the doorway discussing her. Mostly we hear a bunch of legends regarding if it's possible or not for her to be related to Poseidon. We also get some backstory of Scars who happens to be the only one living in a “Poseidon city” (I imagine one in or near the ocean). After some slightly heavy exposition Molly has enough and goes to join Kalypso at the table. Then the first interesting thing follows: Icelos is behind Molly’s chair in invisible form, yet Kalypso sees him and welcomes him. Some small talk follows between Molly and the the granddaughter, ending with Kalypso making an announcement.

Apparently, she doesn't know where her grandfather is (or claims she doesn't). However, she says the answer is on this island. She also mentions there's a traitor among the seven (personal note: it's interesting that she stresses on seven even if there are technically either Chosen. I really hope we see more development on this next chapter.) She also mentions that she expects the Chosen to help her find “Poseidon's track”.

We have the typical person throws knife at Kalypso and she catches it with two fingers after which everyone goes to their quarters. We then have a huge amount of scenes describing everyone’s plans. In short everyone plots with everyone for everything.

Bellucio seems to be worried about Molly, especially with the attention Kalypso is giving her, while also wondering who the traitor might be. The rest of the Chosen see, to know some secret of the castle that they haven't mentioned to anyone else up to this point: the infinity tunnel, the locked door, the missing room, the book collection.

Following that Molly goes to sleep and enters the dreamscape where Icelos tells her who to be wary of and why. He also mentions Bellucio (“because he can break your heart and you have no protection against that”). Things wind down when suddenly Kalypso appears in the dream and addresses Icelos with “The Everprince is back, isn't he?”. And if this isn't enough we get an additional cliffhanger that long ago she had a crush on Icelos, but “won't let that affect her this time”.

All in all, solid chapter, but somewhat lacking. At the same time am super psyched for the next chapter. :D Also, the reading and dreamsculpting were amazing!

PrinceEric

@all: Next reading will be in 30 minutes! Sorry for the delay, but Simile is quite exhausted and needs to get some rest.

As for the chapter. It seems like it'll take advantage of the three chapter format. I wonder if that will become the standard practice…

MixaMax

PrinceEric x Snips are a really cute couple. It was so sweet watching Prince write all the time and Snips poke every few minutes with a question. :)

The usual suspects acted as expected. LightSparkle was so cool. I didn't get a chance to see her during CrystalCon much, but she's the best mare. She even kept levitating tacos to be sure I got to eat enough. Thanks, Light!

Twist seemed so sad in the corner. :( Was nice for her to join us, though. I hope she stays till the end. As for everyone else… where do I start? Maybe because Miss Cheerily was here, but everypony was unusually well behaved, even YouKnowWho and RRBB. Well, RRBB was acting all bosslike with her Dream Productions thing (poor Simile… at the end the characters started becoming somewhat blue. Was funny, but I can emphasize what it means to be drained of energy.)

All in all it was incredible as always. :) Stars I had forgotten how good it is to be among friends! :D

Gothling Bard

*Yay*! @DarkSparkle, get here!

LightSparkle

PreviousChapters Next