• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,953 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,953

PreviousChapters Next
CrystalCon Recap

Since no one else has done it... I will!

Behold my beautiful and *yay* recap of the event!

So, the trip there was lovely! Quarters, the balloon idea was the best! At first I was skeptical, especially with your interest there, but he wasn't half as bad as I thought he'd be. Also after the first hour, when my anxiety wore off, I started to enjoy the calm (and so cute that Squishy fell asleep leaning on me :))

When we got there half of Equestria had arrived. I've never seen so many ponies since the Equestria games! @InItForTheShipping, you were right about the ponies being nice. And stars are they well informed! I barely got to land, when a few volunteers came up to us (thanks to the purple crystal colt and mare? Forgot your names, but you were class A great!)

We were taken to the fast line and given our participation badges :) Since there was some time to kill before the grand opening, I went about and met my boss and idol LightSparkle for a bite :D (she was still carrying socks to give out. I get a pair that I put on Squishy while she was sleeping. So cute! :))

And then we had the big event. Lyra, your changeling idea was the best! Next year we'll see if we can get more! I'll cover tech costs, of course. @ManyFaces, you rocked, girl! Seriously, you made Danny look good! I heard you did others as well. Sadly I was at panels and couldn't see for myself :/ (had to be there since I was on the panels).

Then the greatest thing (for me personally) happened. PaintDrop appeared! I won't lie, you didn't look your best, but it was such a relief seeing you. I hope they are feeding you well wherever you are. You need something on those bones! Call me emotional, but that was a magical moment for me. And I also got to see your “sweetheart”. Not my type, to be honest. Also, surprised you were into gothy, but I'm not judging.

Paint only managed to spend a few hours there before she had to be leave. Next the party started. PPI and the Wonderbolts really outdid themselves! CEOWitch, love you :D (Fleet and Awesome too, of course.) Also, Brush, you were incredibly cute in a Wonderbolt uniform. I admit I didn't expect that. Quite the Daring mare you’ve become. ;)

@InItForTheShipping and @SaltyHuman: you were so cool and your daughter was so much fun! I wish i could have a filly like her one day! And sorry for suggesting taking her to the party O:) my bad, but she’s already into Nightling fics so it's just a meter of time :P

@MasterOfThisAstra, I never expected for you to stay. Still a bit upset what happened between you and Brush, but glad things moved on. Cool Bellucio costume, but you always were into cosplay. One word of advice, don't mess it up with Hose! And Hose, take good care of him (he's the brother of my best friend!)

@CodeFilly, @MightyDragon: That was the geekiest wedding celebration I have ever seen (including in all the stories I have curated). I so approve of this! It was so over the top it was cool! Who came up with the dice lamps? And the humie bean bags? So much fun :) and you got DJ Pon3 to disco the event with all the geek classics? Too good! You even had a pin the centaur tail game!

Next day I had more panels I could think of! In retrospect it might have been better if I had slept a bit. (Take note, fillies, never party all night before a panel!) The editor panel had way more ponies than I expected (also, LightSparkle and Feather were cool enough to cover the fact that I was semi asleep :P) The Danny panel was way fun (thanks again, ManyFaces!), but the Butterfly panel… now that was extraordinary! I really mean it! Six of the best community authors in one place! Thanks to Luna and InItForTheShipping for allowing the panel to continue for FOUR hours :) It was a treat. And to top it off, Simile ended the event with fireworks (literally). Simile, you're crazy, you know that? :)))

I’s sure there's lots more but right now my mind is a bit blank right now. I didn't get much sleep last night either. Anyway, Short and I will be here for a few more days, so PM if you want to meet and say hi.

RRBB

@RRBB: Wow! Short&Hoofy actually made you become so sweet and mushy? Where's the ice cold diamond I knew? :P Joking, you’re much better this way. And thanks for being with me while I was at the convention. :)

PaintDrop

I’m an idiot! I completely forgot the best part! The reading! Oh my stars I never needed I need that in my life! The voice spells, the music, the dream visions… must have moar! I'll pay any amount for there to be more events like this. Princess Luna was the best of the best! I never could imagine what this would be like. Better than theatre even!

@InItForTheShipping, can you please talk to the Princess to do the same for project Butterfly once it's complete? Oh, and Chosen and Everhere as well? (I'm greedy, I know O:))

RRBB

@PaintDrop: I'm just as hard on the inside! (Err that sounded so wrong :P)

And of course I'll be there for you! You're my best friend! Just get better soon so I see you and gothcolt more often, okay?


RRBB

@RRBB: Actually, I've started to dabble in dreamscaping a bit myself. Maybe in a few months I could pull off some simple readings? ;) And I'm sure that Luna will be delighted to do more of those. :)

Simile

@Simile: now we’re talking! The moment I get home I'll draft a business plan. This is going to be big, I feel it! I've been wasting my bits on nonsense anyway, so after I graduate I'll be starting Dream Readings Inc. (temp name).

I'm so happy! MC is the best thing that happened to me ever! :)

RRBB

@RRBB: she will, I'll make sure of it.

Gothling Poet

PreviousChapters Next