• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,948 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,948

PreviousChapters Next
Unexpected Surprise

@all, @mods, @curators: I know I'll be wasting everyone time for a day or three, but there's something I must share! :)))

As you might might have noticed, I haven't been much on the site (or in Ponyville) these last few weeks. Those familiar might have been aware that I'd gone to the Crystal Empire. Some might even know that I've been in hospital. What you don't know (and I'm sharing now) is that I was in a the fertility wing. :D

But wait! That's only the start of it! I bet most of your know what happens there, right? (If you don't you shouldn't be on this site :P). In my case, however, it was something quite different. There's no easy way of saying this, but thanks to a very special gift and lots of alicorn magic I'm now pregnant with Bob's child! :))))))

Yep, the manasound confirmed it yesterday! In less than an year I'll have a crazy foal of my own to take care of (since Bon Bon is totally unreliable to take care of it! :P).

I can say without a doubt that this is the happiest day of my life! Never did I think this would ever be an option. Also makes what I've been through worth it. Now, I'm under the influence of buckets of serotonin, but let me share with you this: an year ago I was in such a dark place I didn't through ever get a break. Things got progressively worse and worse, until I made some of the worst choices in my life and went through the most crushing experiences in my life. However, in some weird way it's precisely because of those experiences and choices that I have what I thought impossible. I know some of you (no names) feel like you're in Tartarus right now. I just want to tell you to remain strong and allow happiness to find you. There's a whole site of Nightlings that are here for you! Remember that always.

LyraHands

Oh, how could I forget :( Endless happiness sure makes ponies stupid O:)

Bob and I got officially married. (Yes, it was a very small ceremony with no guests, just a royal representative.) Everything considered I thought it would be better this way. Besides we already have too great weddings to look forward to! (Maybe more ;))

Be well, everybody! (I need to get back to sleep. Need as in Bob will bonk me to sleep with a food tray if I don't log off. However, as sneaky as I am I'm using this as an excuse to type as much as possible because I'm not sure when I'd get another chance to log on.)

I should be back in Ponyville soon.

LyraHands

@LyraHands: ... didn't see that one coming! If you weren't what you were I'd buck you so hard in the flank it would take Luna to get you back here. Why didn't you tell me anything?!? We've known each other since kindergarten! I'm hurt! :/

Well, contracts and congrats you hand obsessed idiot! I... err... now I don't know what to say. Lots of freaking out I guess? O:)

MixaMax

@LyraHands: What my future ex wife wishes to say is that she's overjoyed that your greatest dream has come true and wishes you all the best in your trials and joy to come. In addition she'd also like to offer her support and let you know she we are here should you need any help.

Short sends you hugs (before trotting off to give them to you in the hospital) :)

Jade

Wow. DarkSparkle is gonna freak! The big event and she's off on work stuff. Let me hug you instead! :) Little Lyra a mother. Didn't see that coming. Power to you! I know the procedure wasn't easy.

Have you started thinking of names yet?

LightSparkle

@LyraHands: Wow! I never suspected! Guess I'll spend another night drawing... pony or human, though. Argh.

I'm an idiot, aren't I? Congrats, Lyra! This is so cool! It's one of those impossible things I never though could happen! Oh, fair warning: the scream brigade is out on a school field trip (no portables allowed; I know our teach has an account!) so when they'll be back expect them to go crazy. :P

I agree with Light. Names?

PaintDrop

Lyra, this is the most wonderful news Imaginable. I know that Miss Rarity would never allow me to make a formal dress for you, but I'll do my best to make you and Bob a casual attire for home, and something for the foal once it's here :)

Also, greetings and best wishes from DannyFan and Tech (I'm visiting in Trottingham for Octavia Melody's first big tour. If I get a chance I'll tell her the news as well. :))

Candle

Wow! I never knew such spells existed! Damnit! I would have offered to do it myself! :/ Congrats, I guess. You know what? How about I do a time magic to see what your foal looks like ten years from now? (Don't worry it's totally safe! And I'll just take a picture or two. Besides chances of me falling for your offspring are fifty percent at most.)

TrueSparkle

@all: Not to be rude, but I'll be locking the thread after this. One the one hoof, Lyra really needs her rest and once she starts reading stuff (especially about herself) she gets out of control. On the other (and I've discussed this with Lyra and a few others) lately we've transformed the site into a social gathering rather than what it was originally meant to be. It's all great that we're so close and can share out problems and help each other, but let's not extinguish the spark that brought us together. Right? ;)

That said, a bit thanks from me and own from Lyra :)

@MixaMax, @Jade: No arguing? You too must really be surprised. And yes, Short is here now, having a talk with Lyra. (If you can call it that.) We wanted to keep it discrete for reasons. Originally Lyra wanted to try and hide it until physically impossible. (Her plan was then to go "how did this happen?")

@LightSparkle: thanks, you're know. And actually yes. Some unicorn that shall not be named decided to name the character after a characters in MC (would anyone be surprised?) The names are set: Megan (if it's a filly) and Blazen (if it's a colt). Since she's doing the heavy lifting I couldn't say no (plus Blazen sounds cute).

@PaintDrop: Listen here, young filly! You're supposed to be resting! Two organizations are still trying to figure out where you vanished (including your crush CEOWitch:P) Sleep first, drawing after. Also, I get the pictures first! Anything too cute or sexy I keep for myself :)

@Candle, @The TechNightling, @DannyFan: Hey, thanks :) You seem like having fun. No worries. We'd love to have something casual if it's not a bother. And feel free to visit anytime, okay? I know you a long way away, but we'll always love having you :)

@TrueSparkle: No! Just no! We've already had enough time messes! Although now you got me curious... why 50%? Should it look more like Lyra or like me? You know what, don't answer that! Also, see you end of the month at the Spa? Need to discuss stuff with you.

@PPI: Discrete! I said discrete! (Two can play at the game.)

That's it for now. You can PM me or Lyra for additional thanks, just try to limit it here. And please no fics about us, okay? I'm relying on @Jade to reject anything with a hint of meta!

Bob

Well, I know what my next story will be about... O:)

MightyDragon

Author's Note:

And here's a list of all active members with ID or speculation :)
Member List

Courtesy of NeonGreenTiger

PreviousChapters Next