• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,951 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,951

PreviousChapters Next
The Karl Spinoff

Like, I totally dig Karl... he’s, so calm and astral... @Luna It will be so groovy if he gets his own spinoff.

Tree

@Tree: seriously? :/ I mean I get that some Nightlings like Karl, but what exactly would his spinoff be about? Prince of the wild? Eric I could see using the portal to go from place to place, but Karl... I’m not even joking! What will the spinoff be about?

Somepony please let me know.

RRBB

Hey! I’m sure there are plenty of things that Karl could be doing!

WaterBottle

Name 2!

RRBB

Maybe Karl is actually a changeling that has been kidding all this time?

ManyFaces

That would be interesting. Suddenly we find out that Karl has been a changeling all along, and the real human-Karl lives in Equestria secretly and is raised by queen Chrysalis. The spinoff would be that Karl has been in contact with human-Karl (using one of Felina’s artifacts) and organizes an elaborate plan to sneak to Equestria and rescue his human self.

Also since it’s Karl I see a lot of comedy and mistaken identities and love triangles. I think that would be a great idea!

TrueSparkle

Not bad, not bad at all. @Luna, are you hearing this? :) How about we have something of the sort? :D

Personally, I wouldn’t mind Karl getting lost in some world full of strange creatures would also be interesting, what if he gets trapped in a world of bunnies and has to find a way to get back home?

Or maybe he’s actually a superhero and animal word summon him to help them save their world? Now that would be cool!

LightSparkle

@LightSparkle: I bet you’re just hoping Karl suddenly appears in your world and ask you out on a date...and more :P

Simile

@Simile: lol! I could see that :)

DarkSparkle

@DarkSparkle: maybe he gets teleported to a world of centaurs! :/

LightSparkle

Then the Karl invaded the centaurs!

Come to think of it, maybe Karl would be a very romantic human? So far we’ve never seen him in that light so it will be very unexpected and different. And I’m sure everypony secretly wishes him to turn out to be this really sweet and lovable human that just pretends to be what he is because he’s just very shy.

MightyDragon

@MightyDragon: shy?!? Have you been reading slap? He’s the most open character there is! Eric is the shy one! Karl is the doofus who’ll say exactly what’s on his mind even if it gets him in trouble, but since it’s him he’ll be able to brush it off no matter what happens.

RRBB

I actually love the changeling Karl idea. If there wasn’t a contest going on I might ask someone to write such a story? O:)

LyraHands

@LyraHands: I would write it, I really would, but am writing something else :( Maybe after a while? Comedy is not something I’m very good, though :( I could try and do a romantic Karl, but...

@PlayedPiece: this sounds up your alley :)

Brush

Maybe Karl secretly is a rockstar, but hides his identity? The way he’s described he has the looks and I could see him singing on stage.

Imagine him sneaking to a concert right after defeating whatever threat invaded Mistmount. :) I think it will be so much fun. I can’t write it, though :( Still struggling with my dragon fic... :-(

SweetStuff

@Brush: For realsies?! Thanks! That would be such a fun write!

I love Karl! Almost as much as I love Omni. :) Karl and human-Karl switching places hmm... Maybe it already happened? There were a few chapters in which he behaves very unlike him. What if tat was deliberate? Maybe there really is another Karl who appears and disappears on occasion and no one ever noticed until now?

PlayedPiece

Well, the same could be said about everyone else. Although, you do have a point. Maybe we’ll get to find out in MCE 2?

RRBB

Karl. Why do mares go gaga for Karl? He’ll be a cool fiend, but I don’t see him as the romantic type.

Then again, Fleetfoot is totally crushing on ponies like him, so why not?

CEOWitch

Hmmm...

YouKnowWho

@YouKnowWho: Don’t say it! :/

SweetStuff

Alright, we know that there’s a Poseidon statue in Canterlot Gardens. We also know that Queen Chrysalis is very secretive... What if Karl is hiding out there? I mean won’t it be cool if we set off on a quest and find him? Just think how cool that would be!

And just to let you know there have been a lot of magical things that we thought impossible (Discord, the Crystal Empire, the Stormking). Why shouldn’t Karl be here?

YouKnowWho

Sorry... he had a small party and YouKnowWho got a bit tipsy ^^

SweetStuff

Well, you never know ;)

Personally, I wish there was a Karl out there and he does meet LightSparkle so she could finally find somepony to spend some time with and not just be studying, curating, and going to clubs alone :(

From one single to another... you need to live a bit more.

DarkSparkle

... I’ll go call the doctor! DarkSparkle is in need of urgent treatment!

EverSpike

@LightSparkle: is there anything you wish to tell me? Not that I would disapprove, but...

...well, I just thought you were more into sensitive types such as Eric. Still, if Karl makes you happy, who am I to judge?

Sadly, I can assure you all that Karl isn’t in Equestria. In the case I’m wrong, though, I promise a public apology... also, my daughter gets first dibs.

Celestia

Mom! :/

@DarkSparkle: and you’re one to talk! You spend the holidays with your books!

LightSparkle

@LightSparkle: heh, that’s true. :) Recent events have greatly changed my perspective :) Right now I want to spend as much time as possibly with my friends and family, and I don’t intend to be shy in asking a handsome stallion out for drinks. You should try it :)

DarkSparkle

@MightyDragon: if you say it, I’ll cut your mod access!

HopHop

*whimper*

MightyDragon

PreviousChapters Next