• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,951 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,951

PreviousChapters Next
YouKnowWho's Worried PMs

I know you have plenary of *yay* on your plate, but I really need to talk to somepony.

YouKnowWho

Just great :/ Sure, go ahead. It's not like I have anything better to do. I'll just squeeze you in between wiping RR's tears and supper.

None of your friends can find the time?

PaintDrop

I don't want to get them involved in this. Last time they tried to help things got worse. Well, not worse, but... argh... actually worse :/

RRBB is exactly why I want to talk to you about.

YouKnowWho

There's a surprise :/ And here I was thinking you'd like to discuss beauty tips with me.

PaintDrop

It's serious!

YouKnowWho

Stars, don't tell me you've fallen for her?!

PaintDrop

What?! No! No way! It's just complicated. Very complicated.

She's been very nice to me lately. No more "pranks", no shouting, no kicking and such. It's just that she's still into me, like really into me. I thought that after what happened last time, and out talks, she'd just see me as a friend. (And she still claims that she does.) But it's be more and more and more obvious that... well, she's hitting on me.

YouKnowWho

No! Really? Any other shocking news, mare obvious?

PaintDrop

Okay, I might deserve that. It's just that after what I did last time I don't want her to go through the same. She sneaked here when I was sick! Spent the whole night in my room! I know I should have told her to go home, but she was so miserable. (She had gotten in a fight with you or something).

Do you know she cries in her sleep? That's really messed up. I tried telling her to back off a bit, but each time she's so shining and full of joy that I delay it for later, and later, and here we are...

YouKnowWho

You told her yesterday, didn't you?

PaintDrop

That's the thing. I was thinking of telling her, but she was in a really depressed mood. Like really. I asked what was wrong, but she just told me she might skip school for a few days. It was really weird in a scary sort of way.

You're her closest friend, any idea what I should do at this point? I don't want her to go back to being a wreck. And I must admit she's a really fun friend when she's nice (and not self absorbed). How do we make this thing right?

YouKnowWho

If I knew the answer to that I'd open a therapy business and earn a million bits. :/ Puberty shouldn't be allowed to happen to some ponies. She was mostly fine before the hormones struck. Now she's ruining her life and breaking the heart of two ponies.

At least I know it's not something you did this time.

PaintDrop

You're talking about Endless, aren't you? She told me about it. I can only feel for the guy. In a way I know exactly how he feels. Guess he's going through the same she is, huh?

YouKnowWho

To put it mildly. For one thing, it isn't a "he". For another it's been going for quite a while.

PaintDrop

Wait, what?! Endless is a mare?

YouKnowWho

Stars, why is everypony so blind! Yes, Endless is a mare! In our very class! She made a fake account only to be able to express her feelings to RRBB, who still refuses to let go of you! If it were up to me I'd drag you in one room and lock the door until you settle things between yourselves.

Have you any idea the pressure I've been under lately? Did you ever wonder why I got drunk so fast the other day? I can't take this anymore! All of you have problems and you come to me thinking I'm some genius that can solve everything! Well, I'm not! I'm just a pony!

RRBB is used to dumping everything into my lap and acting for me to clean the mess. Short has been ignored by everypony for years and is breaking up. Now you come to me because you feel you can't share this with anypony. What in the world made you all so entitled to my time? Does anyone even think of that? Pipsqueak has troubles being class president—send me to help; Snips and Snails have problems with their homework—I get to guide them after class; somepony has love troubles—I'm supposed to help them! I'm fed up with it!!! Im fed up with all of you!!!

PaintDrop

Whoa, there filly! How was I supposed to know all that? It's not like you advertise it or anything. Before I joined the site all I knew about you was that you hang with RRBB and know a lot in class.

YouKnowWho

PaintDrop message has been deleted.

PaintDrop message has been deleted.

PaintDrop message has been deleted.

Sorry. I lost my cool. Things have been a little stressful this week.

Personally, best thing you can do is tell her. Maybe not right away. Her mood might have nothing to do with this. She might have issues with her parents again, or maybe it's a hormonal disbalance, some funky nightmare, or stars know what else. Just wait for a few days and then get her somewhere in private and have the talk with her. Think of it as breaking up with her (even if it's one sided.) I'll try to take care of things afterwards.

PaintDrop

Right. That sounds best.

So Short is a...?

YouKnowWho

Short has been deeply (and consciously) in love with RRBB for a long time. And she's been hiding it. At the meet up she was doing her best to cheer RRBB up, maybe even say something... but then you showed up.

PaintDrop

Hey, it wasn't my idea! SweetStuff guilt tripped me into it. Not that I needed much convincing. Do you have any idea how it feels for somepony to bring that down out of the blue? At first I thought we were going to have another fight, next thing RRBB tells me she loves me and she's into mares (in that order).

YouKnowWho

Look, let's just leave this for a few days, okay? I have a splitting headache and can't think rationally right now. You get the overall idea. At this point that's enough.

PaintDrop

Got you. Sorry about this, Paint :( Rest, I'll figure this out.

YouKnowWho

Author's Note:

And here's a list of all active members with ID or speculation :)
Member List

Courtesy of NeonGreenTiger

Please participate in the poll! (Just speculation. The results will NOT influence the actual outcome.) :)

http://www.strawpoll.me/12753068

PreviousChapters Next