• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,931 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,931

PreviousChapters Next
Complicated PMs

Sorry I couldn't be there to tell you this. I flew off while you were sleeping.

It was a mistake.

Brush

Don't blame yourself. You needed somepony. I wouldn't have done it unless I wanted to.

CEOWitch

That's exactly what Mota told me when we first hooked up.

Brush

Brush...

CEOWitch

I just don't want to be hurt. Not again. And I don't want to hurt you. Part of why it feels so bad is that I knew the thing with Mota would happen. I know it's said that stallions recover faster, but it's me who's to blame.

You're a really nice stallion, CEO. I think it's better to stay friends.

Brush

Brush, you must stop blaming yourself. You care about everyone. You help everyone. Sometimes characters don't match.

I knew you were heading for heartache the moment I saw you with Mota. He's just a collegecolt. I'm not sure how hard he tried, but even if he did he could never live with somepony like us. Every time we're off on a mission we know it might be our last. The storm, the "dragon", dozens of other things I'm not allowed to talk about. You're the same. RD and Rarity have shared what happens on your missions. Not all of them are innocent as you'd like everyone to think. I can understand that. Not everypony can.

And don't you for one moment think that I went there because I felt pity for you. (I know exactly what that's like). I like what we had and so did you (I hope). There's no need to feel bad about it.

Remember I told you I'd be there for you.

CEOWitch

This feels so wrong.

Brush

Doesn't everything good feel wrong? But no I don't think it is. I think we both needed it.

CEOWitch

You know what's the difference between being a mare and a stallion at the Wonderbolts? In general a lot, but it boils down to two things: everypony either considers me eyecandy who's gone to where I am thanks for my looks and stallion charms or "that stallion who will fall for her"; and we get to kick anyone who's being too nuzzly.

CEOWitch

You're really bad with words :)

Brush

So I've been told. Just as I've been reminded (daily) that I have a great flank. :/ That might be true, but I appreciate if if mares don't keep bringing up the subject in the hopes I'd swoon. (Crash half tried it once.)

What I'm saying is, you're fine. We don't have to be anything more than friends, but I just want to say I understand you, and I enjoyed last night. I had hoped you wouldn't fly off in the morning, though.

CEOWitch

I did too. It's just... I'm a mess right now. I don't even know what to think. I'm still hurting. Part of me wants to should *yay* it all and just do what I please, but part also hopes that if I fly to Mota and ask for another chance he'll give it to me...

Brush

Well, I won't stop you, I think it'll be a terrible mistake (even if he hasn't moved on), but I still worn stop you. As they say "life is too short not to live in the fast lane".

CEOWitch

Sorry for disappointing you. I hope we can still be friends after this.

Brush

I won't lie, I was hoping for something more, but friends is nice. Friends is great. Just don't you forget it. And if you want to talk or be with someone I'll be here.

CEOWitch

Even if I end up getting back together with Mota?

Brush

Brush, you're so much my type it's not even real. Still, call me a dreamer, I'd like to spend the rest of my life with somepony who wants to spend to with me.

CEOWitch

CEO... you're too nice for this world. I fear you'll only get hurt.

Brush

I have that's why I'm nice. Besides, takes one to know one. ;)

CEOWitch

How am I even going to explain this to the others? I'm not even sure I can explain it myself?

Brush

Don't think about it. If you want to tell them, tell them. If not, don't. There's all to it. I barely know your parents, but I get the impression they brought you up somewhat sheltered. I'm not telling you to be like Crash and rush to anything that catches your fancy, but don't be afraid to grab the moment. Sometimes it works out.

CEOWitch

Like it did with Mota?

Brush

Okay, I'm stupid. You're strong enough to get over this, though. And you're definitely not alone. I might joke all the time, but I'm also serious. There are a whole lot of things I can tell you, some of them might even make sense. In the end of the day they are just words. I have no idea what's going on inside your head, no one does.

The only thing I can say with absolute certainty is that it's not your fault: not what happened last night, nor what happened with Mota.

And don't worry, I won't tell anyone about it. You can bet they'll ask until they're blue and I'll deny it. If and when you decide to talk about it with me or somepony else, I'll back you up.

CEOWitch

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Brush

Okay. Since it's clear you won't be coming back until I've left, I'll be returning to my place. I've left breakfast on the table (if your critters don't eat it up by then). Also, I'm leaving you my copy of the Chosen.

Please try to take care of it, okay? Blue get wall hissy and spitty when ponies damage his gifts.

CEOWitch

Thanks you.

I'm sorry.

Brush

Author's Note:

And here's a list of all active members with ID or speculation :)
Member List

Courtesy of NeonGreenTiger

PreviousChapters Next