• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,954 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,954

PreviousChapters Next
The Celestia PMs

Dear, I'd like a word with you, if you don't mind.

Celestia

Wow. You're regged that name? Really?

LightSparkle

This is serious. And I'm not going to comment on your life choices or lifestyle, or anything of the sort. You are a grown mare and knowledgeable enough to make your own choices. I just want to clear a few things. Namely, why do you still refuse to see me.

Celestia

Have you been spying on me again, Mom? I though we went through this. I haven't gotten myself in any serious trouble for over an year. I'd have thought that would count for something, at least. But no! Seems even writing on a fanfiction site is too much for you. What's next? Did you bribe my friends to spy for you?

LightSparkle

Dear, please. Why do you always think of me as the villain. What I did was terrible. Nopony knows that better than me, but you have grown so much since then. I know it's difficult, but I'd honestly love for us to at least start talking again.

With all the drama that you've read this probably will sound cliche, but I do love you Sunshine. You are my daughter. I've always loved you. At times I'm just as foolish as you, I make mistakes, I pick the wrong choices.

Celestia

Mom, I'm gay, polyamorous, with a dozen fetishes, and a saltlicker. Clearly a disgrace, so why don't you leave me alone now?

LightSparkle

Should that shock me? Even if it were true, which I know it isn't, I'd still want to see you.

Celestia

So you have been keeping tabs on me?!

LightSparkle

And you have taken two college degrees just to avoid coming back to see me. Is this the way you want us to live? You staying away and me using whatever methods I have to make sure you are fine?

You could have called me when you went to the Crystal Empire. I would have been there in fifteen minutes. Why didn't you? And no, InItForTheShipping didn't rat you out. I've just been reading the site. (I'm confused why you thought I wouldn't.)

Celestia

Talk about taking things too far. Some would consider that aetherstalking. :/

LightSparkle

Perhaps. However, I created my account before you joined, so I doubt it.

Celestia

Next thing you'll tell me you're into coltfiction. Really, Mom, give it a rest. There are still issues between us and until I resolve them on my own I have no intention of seeing you. Okay?

LightSparkle

That's all you had to say, dear :) It's not what I'd have liked to hear, but at least I'm no longer guessing. Take your time, and if you ever decide I'll be here.

Celestia

Will do.

LightSparkle

Mom, can I ask you something about dad? I didn't think about it, but something on the site happened and... what was he like?

LightSparkle

Oh? That's a surprise. I thought I had told you everything there is about him. I suppose there are lots of ways I could describe him. He was famous, after all, a hero of Equestria done countless deeds of valor. That wouldn't describe him, though. The only thing I can say is he was special.

Celestia

Wow. You don't waste words, do you? "Special" :/ I've read trash submissions with better descriptions. Can you maybe give a few details? Or did you kept him hidden as well?

LightSparkle

I'm sure. When you reach a certain age, however, a single word is enough to describe a lifetime. Besides, there are some things that I prefer to talk about in person, that is one of them.

Celestia

Fair point I guess.

So, what do you want to know about me? Assuming your spies and spells haven't told you already.

LightSparkle

Anything you'd like to share. Mostly, I just wanted you to pass by every now and again. I promise not to embarrass you in front of your friends.

Celestia

Oh, that's rich. Are you actually accusing me of being ashamed of you? Me? You're the one who told me to hide our connection. You've no idea how many times I wanted to announce I was orphan and be done with it. Did you ever think what it was like for me growing up never knowing my father, unable to talk to my mother? Other fillies would get good grades, win first prize in science fairs and magic studies, not me. My only hope was to show such excellence that the judges would be impressed in the hopes that maybe news would somehow reach you.

LightSparkle

I am well aware of my failures as a mother. I thought I was doing you a favor and I was completely mistaken. You're adept enough at magic to know it's dangerous changing the past, but I can easily change the present. I can my out the first page of every newspaper in Canterlot and announce you as my daughter, if that's what you want.

Celestia

Too little too late, Mom. I like how things are now. I'm beyond hiding our relation, but I don't plan on telling anyone either. If that would make you feel better, go ahead. I really don't care.

LightSparkle

I know. You always were your own pony. And now you've grown to become more I could ever dream. You might joke around on the site, but I see through your posts. You're an intelligent mare, strong, with lots of good friends who rely on you. You've had your share of heartbreaks and fun, and you've learned to accept them as part of life and refuse them to slow you down.

Yet, I'm still your mother, and even if you begrudge me, I've always kept an eye on you, ready to help if there really is the need. And I'd still want you to come visit sometime.

Celestia

I'll think about it, okay?

LightSparkle

That's all I ask.

Celestia

And please change your username. It feels awkward :/

LightSparkle

I'll think about it. :)

Celestia

Author's Note:

And here's a list of all active members with ID or speculation :)
Member List

Courtesy of NeonGreenTiger

PreviousChapters Next