• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,951 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,951

PreviousChapters Next
The Brainstorm

Heya,

Before we start let me get the boring part out of the way. Anything discussed in this pm chain is to be kept strictly in confidence and shared with no one. (This mostly means don't tell others ;)). Since it's only a get-to-know thing, there's not too much issues, but still keep in mind we are discussing sensitive stuff, okay?

With that, Chosen of Poseidon will hit stores later this week. (Just so you know the focus groups loved it!) That means that Blazen Adventures is a go. :)

I know you've already met in person (exciting, wasn't it? :)) but this is a chance to do some brainstorming and get to know each other better on a professional level.

Note, no actual work will start for at least 3 months, but it might good to have a pitch ready. With that, the floor is yours :) I'll just be here if you have questions.

Luna

No Speculator7?

Jade

Nope, just you three :) Despite his silliness, Speculator7 is just a recruiter. A bit too dramatic, but I have to admit he manages to inspire ponies to write in certain directions. At some point it's possible that any of you are asked to do the same.

Remember, being a Midnight Castle writer is literally a way of life :)

Luna

So cool! I already love you guys! Especially, Simile! :D No offense, Jade. You're sweet and all, but not the party type, while Sim knows how to party. Am I right? ;)

LightSparkle

Just because I know how to have a good time doesn't mean I'm a party animal! Humph! Okay, who am I kidding :) And yes, I'm great, aren't I? ;) Still a bit mad that AwesomePony stole my idea! :/ That could have worked out so well.

Simile

You can't win them all, girl. ;) You'll do the next great idea. Besides, legal will have a heart attack if they have to deal with a MC DD project. Doesn't help that the publishers are competitors. would have been nice to work with the author, though. She writes as if she's seen stuff.

Anyway, ideas for this. How do you want to go? Two things come to mind: Blazen's past—family with Euryala watching over, and future—them two as a couple, potentially with a baby of their own. Both are safe bets, and missing by the site, will be loved (and hated) by the audience. Still, I can't help but think it's a bit tame. Any thoughts?

LightSparkle

Argh! Please no babies. :/ It's annoying. Also it will go into comic relief category and that won't fit either Blazen or Euryala.

Simile

I think babies are cute. Maybe they could have twins? A lot of classical tales have twins in them. Hay, even look at Luna and Celestia.

Jade

Jade, honey, you are so biased. ;P Having a baby might be a strong point, but there's also that it will shift the focus. Remember Blazen's adventures, not Blazen's Baby's adventure.

LightSparkle

If we're getting into semantics Euryala isn't in the title either. Does that mean we should get rid of her as well? :/

Jade

He dot you there, Light. And I just want to say that I don't hate babies. Just might have spent a bit too much time with InItForTheShipping's bundle of terror. :/

Luna, can we have Icelos? He's kind of cool and mysterious and would work great as a mentor figure, what do you think?

Simile

Sorry, Icelos will have a father central part in the Chosen of Poseidon. Having him mentor two spinoffs might be a bit much. Also, the Everprince is out of the question.

Luna

There goes a great idea.

Simile

What about Poseidon or Hades? That might make a nice split: each series has its deity mentor?

Jade

I thought about that and it seems... meh. We could do it, but it's like a copy of MC just with other characters. If we do that the readers will definitely compare it and we'll be stuck being number two (if we're lucky). No, I think we should go weird, like beyond Everhere weird.

What about this: Icelos and co are linked to dreams (along with Poseidon and Luna), Zeus is linked to the living (and the titans), the Everprince is chaos...so we could could up with a new world. Something like a wind of ash and shadows (like that time Omni had to face his fears in the desert). It's a bit of stretch, but it will be new.

LightSparkle

Not too new. We just have an equivalent of Tartarus (which is Hades' realm, by the way.) quite cliche if you ask me. And even if we go for it, what would be so special? Just another world, just with ash? Please.

Simile

What if we give them cutie marks?

Jade

I'm listening.

LightSparkle

What if Blazen's evergem or something else gives the ability to capture/talk/free souls and these souls give powers? So it's in a way like a cutie mark: he finds a creature, defeats it and the creature releases its essence in the form of a brand. From then on he could summon and use it.

Jade

Blazen Spirtbrand Master. I like :) And maybe ten creatures are causing havoc and need to brand master to heal/tame them? That's why he could start hunting. So he could choose to keep them, or set them free... or set them free from being imprisoned as "brands" on other people/objects. Oh, oh! Or maybe the spirits also possess/corrupt whoever they are on, unless a proper connection is made?

Simile

Love it! And maybe there are lots of brand masters. Blazen was of the east only (I think) maybe there are a 3 more schools(?) that face him? Or rogue brand masters from his own family?

This is going to be so cool! Well done, Jade, you're definitely more than a pretty pair of wings ;)

LightSparkle

You know that if anypony else called me that I'd tear their tail off, right?

Jade

We love you too, precious ;) *wind kiss*

Luna, what do you think?

Simile

Girls, and Jade, we have a pitch. ;) Please get it into shape by the next few days and I'll present it to the powers that be.

Well done!

Luna

Author's Note:

And here's a list of all active members with ID or speculation :)
Member List

Courtesy of NeonGreenTiger

PreviousChapters Next