• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,951 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,951

PreviousChapters Next
Special Update

@all: Good morning.

I’d like to make a very special announcement. As you have all noticed, we have gone through some site changes, from purely cosmetic, to numerous changes in the barn itself. For starters, you can now enjoy giant size avatars. Have a picture you want to use? Or just feel like selecting one of our ready options? Both are possibly. LyraHands And the mods have been working on this for a while now, with Hop and Code leading the charge. A big thanks to them all.

The avatar change also applies to groups. No longer will they be a simple block of text, but can have huge backgrounds as well as their own special in-site avatars. However, that is far from all. The key feature we’re introducing is our text-to-scroll module. Without getting too technical, it means that you could now magically transfer your favorite stories to scrolls, if you so choose. (Luna and number1 have graciously allowed us on the condition that you do not use it to create your own copies of existing MC scrolls and books.)

On a personal note, selling such scrolls, even your own, to others will be seen in a very negative light. Let’s please keep in mind what the MC principles are, alright?

Moving on, after talks with RRBB (and her new ideas) we have started to work on never before seen text-to-dream technology. Since this will be a substantial investment, MC, EqF, and Dream Productions have entered a partnership to develop it for the entertainment of all. In the near future we shall open a poll for members to test the new experience as it's being developed. Quite exciting, if I might add.

Thank you for your attention, and please report any bugs you find.

The TechNightling

I’d just like to add one thing. The overall goal is the creation of dreamscrolls (patent pending) so that everyone can enjoy their favorite stories, fan or commercial, while they sleep. There are still many unknowns, but I have managed to convince enough investors to give me a chance to find out. Additionally, Tech will create a donations page (more like a minority investor page) on the site where everypony interested could invest in the idea.

Naturally, this doesn’t change anything regarding our dream readings. In fact, DarkSparkle contacted me and shared that she’d be interested in having a go at our next reading (the finale of Chosen).

So be sure to be there, okay?! ;)

RRBB

I always knew my debut would be magnificent, and the final chapters of Chosen are a great way for me to share my talent with all Nightlings.

Sadly, for that reason I have put Daggers on hiatus. As much as I want, there aren’t enough hours in the day and night.

Simile

Why do I think this will be used for slap fiction mostly?

MixaMax

@MixaMax: because you’re a terrible mare and only think *yay* stuff? :/

Of course we’ll go through a screening process, you idiot! What do you take me for?

RRBB

@RRBB: hmm, is that a trick question? :)

@LyraHands! @mods: I love the new changes and can’t wait to test out both the scroll and dream features. And I’m sure that someone I know would love to have MC and Daring Do in dreamscrolls / freambooks. :)

One question, how much test can the scroll have? Some of the stories are absolutely giant. There’s no way they could be on one scroll.

Brush

@Brush: There is a hard limit of 10000 words. For longer works it’s recommended that the story is split up. We might add autosplit functionality, but that will have to be Hop’s call. (She’s the most organized of the coding team.) Until then you’ll hate to split it in chapters manually. For the most part that is the case, even if there are a few who prefer to extend their chapters.

The TechNightling

Oooh! That’s so cool! Can we add pictures as well? :D I mean that would be so cool! Having the scrolls illustrated, or maybe even the pictures separately?

SweetStuff

@SweetStuff: Oh, you :) I’ll see what I can do about it :) it shouldn’t be difficult, but it’ll lose all its colors. Playing with multi inks is messy (I tried a project in college and it turned out... well, let’s say Princess Celestia had a lot of look alike for a while :))

I could add some text to sound functionality, but that will take a while and will be only usable by unicorns. Still, thanks for the idea! It’s great :)

HopHop

...I’m in the market for a larger house. If you know of any, please let me know. No, it not that Lyra and I will be moving when we have our foals. We’ll just need a larger house to keep all the millions of scrolls Lyra will make using this feature!

Other than that I think it’s a great idea. ;)

Bob

My darlings, this sounds absolutely wonderful! That are a number of stories I was going to ask to be made into books, but now I won’t have to. :) The mod team has been sneaky lately. @HopHop, is this your doing?

Grace

@Grace: If she says no, I’ll go to her place and break all the hourglasses! She’s one sneaky mare, as you know :). All this time she’s been conspiring with Code and Tech behind my back! I only learned today.

And I promise I won’t abuse the feature too much... O:)

LyraHands

The heck I won’t! How can I use it? I want to my story on scrolls to show them to A.K.! Maybe I’ll get an autograph as well! That would be so cool!!!

Oh, yeah, I’ll also get a few other stories as well. :)

@Twist: you want a copy of DDD? You earned it, kid :)

AwesomePony

Squeee! Music! Thank you so much! This will be great! Now I must rush to get scrolls before they are sold out. @RRBB, do you have any left?

SweetStuff

@SweetStuff: sure, pass by. Oh, and bring some berries on the way. Pixel is being Pixel again and keeps sniffling about for berries. (And he’s so silly cute when he does that :))

RRBB

PreviousChapters Next