• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,952 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,952

PreviousChapters Next
Applejack

Howdy, y’all.

It might be mighty weird seeing me here, but I reckon it’s only honest I came with with everypony. I’ve been familiar with Midnight Castle since I was a filly. I know it’s shameful, but Big Mac would read the stories when we were young and gradually I started as well. I know now that things are mighty open on yeh subject, with pretty much all Princesses openly on yeh site, but back then it was shameful to be a mare reading coltfiction.

That’s why I didn’t want my little sis to get into this. All the arguments and fights we had were to keep her say. Well, I reckon was me thinking she needed to be kept safe. I only appeared from time to time to read a bit, and write a thing or two, but I still felt mighty ashamed about it.

Well, I think I owe it to my sis, Lyra, and every Nightling to apologize. I still ain’t certain if reading coltfiction is strange or not, but I’ve seen y’all help big and small, and even us, so it can’t be bad.

@WaterBottle: I’m sorry, sis. I didn’t want to take you away from your friends, and a mighty glad you find a nice stallion to bring home.

JustAHuman

Wha? You’ve been here before me? Sis, you kept this a secret all this time? :/ And all the while I was worried sick I was disappointing you!

WaterBottle

Quickly! Grab the popcorn! This is going to get good!

Feather

@JustAHuman: wait a minute! If you’re who I think you are... well you certainly had everypony fooled! You are a contest winner! Several ones at that! And all that time you were hiding your hobby?

This is so unfair! I deserve to have that writing skill! :P

Jokes aside, I’m glad that you came out. Hopefully, others do to, but even if they don’t remember you can always log on and enjoy without revealing your identity. :)

MightyDragon

Hold on! Applejack? You actually managed to write all those things? Wow! I’m honestly surprised. Well, I know your sister could write okay (back from the time she worked for me), but I never expected you to have it in you (no offense).

I guess that means you’ll be coming to my dreamreadings? It’s worth every bit, as WaterBottle will tell you.

RRBB

I always suspected our sisters were on the site secretly enjoying it, while acting all indignant! Guess I was right all along! Applejack has been here and writing fics, and I KNOW that “Grace” is Rarity trying to be sneaky! She’s not even trying to hide it? :/

I’m not sure what to think right now. I’m happy that they admitted it and joined, but on the other hoof... As I said, I’m a bit conflicted.

SweetStuff

Hey, now. I didn’t want to disturb anypony. I just was afraid that ponies would see it as weird and give my little sis a hard time. Call me stubborn, but never say I don’t care about my family!

JustAHuman

@JustAHuman: Don’t you worry :) SweetStuff is just being paranoid. We are all glad that you faced your fears and came out. A very large part of us know exactly what you had to go through. It takes a lot of courage and we are glad that you found the strength to take that step.

I must say, though, that I am surprised. I knew that Big Mac liked the series, of course, but I never suspected you might. If anything I’d have thought you just tagged along to keep an eye on your sister. Now I learn that you wrote one of my favorite fics (The CEO’s Orchard). Hmm, thinking about it, I could see you writing it. Will there be a sequel?

LyraHands

@SweetStuff: That is preposterous! I was interested in MC long before your sister could have been. And we have discussed this many times before. There is no possible way for me to be your sister! There isn’t even any way of knowing if I’m a mare or a stallion (thanks to the discretion of the mods).

I can only say, either ask your sister outright, or stop bringing this up. I don’t mean to offend, my darling, but it’s starting to get a bit old.

Grace

@SweetStuff: As much as I like you as a singer and a pony, I am going to have to give you a warning. Whether or not Grace is your sister is completely irrelevant. If a user doesn’t want to discuss their real life nature or identity (which is something that the site prides itself on keeping secret for all members) it isn’t anypony’s place to press the matter.

I trust that with this, the topic will be closed.

The TechNightling

@JustAHuman: That explains why you were such a fan. :)

Simile

Actually, I have a secret confession to make... I have been HoofTies all along! I just created a different persona to avoided judgement and proved to you all that I could write good!

So there!

MightyDragon

Write good? Really? :/

JustAHuman

@MightyDragon: I will destroy you! I’m not sure who you’re insulting more: HoofTies or everyone else expecting that they would believe that *yay*! HoofTies is an exceptional writers who comes up with extraordinary ideas! You are as creative as a brick in a brick factory!

Generally I don’t say this, but if it turns out that you really have been writing under HoofTies, I’ll shave my mane and eat it!

RRBB

@RRBB: Chill. He’s not. And you’re pretty good yourself.

@MightyDragon, if you weren’t a pony cutie I’d slap you so hard you’d have to use all your magic and them some to fix your jaw.

HoofTies

@JustAHuman: don’t worry, this is just banter :) In truth we’re very friendly to one another, as you’ve seen.

Also, no hard feeling anyone, but please stop spamming my scrollbox. We’re a very happy couple with Jade, I’m in very good relations with RRBB, Brush, LyraHands, and my sister. If both me and they saying this can’t convince you, I don’t think anything will.

Also, Just, who come you picked the most MC name ever? For a while I was convinced this was Twilight’s account (or her alt). In any ever glad to have you. Finally somepony who would say things as they are without sugarcoating anything! I think I’ll start a group called Honest Loudmouths. If anything it would suit us.

MixaMax

Okay, so I might not be HoofTies yet... but I’ll get there! I’ve started writing courses in my free time, so you better be ready!

MightyDragon

...I agreed to try and teach him... Celestia have mercy on me.

CodeFilly

And thus Equestria was saved.

SaltyHuman

@SaltyHuman: you’d forgive me saying, but from one human to another, that ain’t making a lick of sense!

JustAHuman

Did I hear someone say lick? As in lick the thread?! ;D

HopHop

That’s it! I’m going to sleep! :/

Grumpy

PreviousChapters Next