• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,953 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,953

PreviousChapters Next
Second Reading 3

That's it! Now it's official! The authors are trolling us! I mean, come on!

“What do you think?” Scriber whispered to Bellucio. “Do you think she’ll go for the blond of the dark and mysterious one?”

“Huh?” Bellucio took a step back. He tried not to glance at Molly, but the question made it impossible. Despite himself his very being was wondering what the answer would be.

“Trick question.” Scribed nudged him with his elbow. “All of us have a mysterious past.”

That's literally us discussing ships in the series!

YouKnowWho

@YouKnowWho: you're reading too much into things. It's amusing, but hardly a trolling. I just suspect that Scriber is the comic relief character, although with all characters being Chosen, that might not be the best word to use.

I liked the chapter quite a lot (and I'm saying this as somepony who has read it twice until now :)). The single issue I have, and it's something minor, is that Molly is too calm. I mean, yes she's a girl and not new to adventure but she could start being a bit more careful after she was nearly killed twice. :/ it seems a bit out of character. Other than that, wow! :)

Time for the next chapter? O:)

LyraHands

Yep, was a good chapter. Among the real life highlights.

Snuggling Griffins…couldn't tell if snuggling or just grouped together to keep warm. PPI brought a Yak snow cake for all of us to “enjoy” :/ (on the other hoof, that was a good excuse to squish me some Squishy).

PaintDrop woke up for about fifteen minutes to say a few words amid reading then fell back asleep. Pixel got up, moved about the room, then returned to his sleeping spot (a.k.a. PaintDrop:))

Angel kept trying to get on TrueSparkle’s head. When someone tried to move him away he glared at them with murderous intent. (That bunny is evil!) Good thing Brush managed to get him off there.

PrinceEric couldn't keep his eyes off dumb and dumber. Quarters couldn't keep her eyes off dumb and dumb and dumber. Dumb and dumber had never felt so special in their lives! :)

RRBB

@RRBB: You know I love you, but you really are being a *yay*. Maybe some ponies don't want their personal stuff being discussed on the site where millions of others can see?

Brush

@Brush: touchy! I don't mind telling stuff about myself at all. I could share everything I do, if somepony would like.

RRBB

@RRBB: Short&Hoofy might not appreciate that.

Brush

Hmm. Okay, here we go with chapter two.

My initial theory turned out to be false. We didn't have humans dying under strange circumstances. Rather we had seven Chosen trying to figure out what to do to find Poseidon and/or escape the island. And, of course, no one trusts anyone else.

Of the Chosen we have nearly all the archetypes: the quiet one, the strong arrogant one, the talkative one, the crazy one, and the noble one (plus Molly and Bellucio). Every single one of them has some story, but isn't willing to share it with the rest. We have a game of cat and mouse while exploring the fort. Hidden rooms are found, a few traps disarmed, lots and lots of talking about Poseidon. (Based on the inconsistencies in the trails, I think some of them are from different realities). During one of the nights Icelos appears in Molly’s dream and starts to discuss events with her. We then learn he has been helping her discover hidden rooms of the place (allowing her to get some sort of weird item referred to as “the egg”). Icelos then warns her to be careful and not trust anyone, even Bellucio. When she is about to ask why, she's woken up by Bellucio because there's movement on the tower (the area they first arrived to this world). As soon as they reach there a new boy (with lots of scars) appears and claims he too is a Chosen of Poseidon. Everyone looks at Scriber who just say “There are supposed to be only seven Chosen at all times. One of us isn't what he says he is. Or she…”

Won't lie, this is so dope! Icelos making an appearance was great, plus the other Chosen are slowly starting to grow on me. Do you think they will become the main characters of the series?

RRBB: and you can't blame me! :P

PrinceEric

@Brush: okay, so I get your point. Sheesh :/

Sorry, LightSparkle, there will be no more live commentary.

RRBB

You can really be a passive-aggressive b at times. You don't need to stop commenting, just avoid that stuff, okay? Even if I didn't mind the cake.

YouKnowWho

Snuggling Griffins? That sounds so…not entirely lame, but yeah. As much as I'd like to be a player, it's just the cold. None of these losers are any good anyway :P

Feather

Might we focus on the story? Seriously :/ And stop sending Spike to get more food all the time? It's hardly fair since he was the one who prepared the snacks and did all the cooking. The poor guy spends more time in the kitchen that listening to the story.

(Spoiler: he likes MC :) I caught him casually ask me stuff like “Can Bellucio be such an idiot?” or “Why can't Euryala just bubble in with her gemthingee?” Oh, and my personal favorite: “You know, if MCE was real and I ate the evergems would I gain their powers and become the EverSpike?”

DarkSparkle

EverSpike?! It's a crime if he doesn't create such an account. @LyraHands, can you block it so no one steals the name?

LightSparkle

@LightSparkle: already ahead of you :)

@DarkSparkle: I think I should do the next reading. True is exhausted to the Max (get it?:)) Really, I think I should read. The spell you've made takes a lot out a unicorn, and while I'm not a natural like you two, I still graduated the S.G.U. ;)

HopHop

@LightSparkle: Remember to eat lots of lemons and honey. Also drink at least two bull buckets of water per day.

Celestia

Ha! As if. I just have a little fever, Mom, I don't need you riding here to “take care of me”

Edit: Great. Now my friends think it's a good idea. Thanks a lot, Mom :/

LightSparkle

@HopHop: Okay, take a few minutes to learn the spell. @TrueSparkle, you get Spike and you two get some rest. @Brush, get your bunny under control. :/

We start the next chapter in 5!

DarkSparkle

Oh, oh! I almost forgot, again! I'll be going something like a live event in Canterlot. Octavia (I love you <3) has offered me to do a live performance of my new “album”. Thanks to her, @Luna, @LyraHands, and @number1 it will be part of the official soundtrack set of MCE! :)

But enough about me! Last chapter first :)

SweetStuff

@SweetStuff: because you totally don't want to impress ForceFeedback ;P Congrats, though. I love how you sing. Maybe I can hire you to make something for me and Squishy? :D

RRBB

Ahem! *shakes fist*

@all: We're starting in 1 minute! If you're not in the reading hall, get there!

DarkSparkle

Author's Note:

And here's a list of all active members with ID or speculation :)
Member List

Courtesy of NeonGreenTiger

PreviousChapters Next