• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,951 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,951

PreviousChapters Next
Spoiler 4

Blazen Ruul

Outcast, shaman, chosen

Dark and mysterious, Blazen fled to Mistmount to escape the fate set out for him by his family, but ran straight into something larger. Dreading his past, he still uses his powers for the sake of those he cares about, regardless of the consequences.

Siblings: Unknown
Place of birth: Unknown
Occupation: None
Hobby: Paper figurines
Mentor deity: None
Magic power: Runecraft
Eternity gem: Inkstone

"Don't leave me... I'm lost without you."

Talk about bombshells! Ruul? Ruul?! Blazen fucking Ruul?! I pray that's a pun or nick and that his family isn't called that. "The House of Ruul!" :P Sheesh, I'm starting to sound like MixaMax :D

That aside, it's the first time we learn anything about him, including that he isn't from Mistmount. Oh, and those ryne powers he has are real, along with the occult site.

Hmm, I wonder who the phrase is directed at. It might be Megan... or it might be Danny. I think Blanny will be incredibly hot! But no chance S&S would go for it.

I'm not sure if anypony said this before, but there will be 13 spoilers: 9 are obvious, 4 remain unknown. Let the guessing for the next one begin :) I'm going for Eric.

RRBB

@RRBB: that means tomorrow I'll make another analyses :) Will try to be shorter this time :)

But yes, big reveal! The whole family thing wasn't even hinted in MC! Although... remember how it was mentioned that he changed homes in "The Dagger's Hilt"? Could that have been an indication or foreshadowing?

More curious, he's given almost as much importance as the Williams siblings. I won't be surprised if he has a much larger role in the series... although I'm still hoping for Eric to make an appearance.

Also... Blazen x Eric? O:)

PrinceEric

I'm getting on this early, since I don't have job interviews today. I think that S&S will go for some romance because of the shift towards comics. I agree with RRBB that it won't be a M-M ship, which leaves a few options:

I don't see them shipping Blazen with any pony (they went as far as they could with the Caprice friendship thing). It's also safe to assume Molly won't be a thing. That leaves Megan, Cassandra, Euryala (out of the main characters).

Megan has been suggested, but personally I don't see it. They are too alike to be interesting together. Also, I think Megan will go for someone older. Call it a hunch.

Cassandra is possible, them being on different sides and all, but for that to develop we need a much more active Cass, and since she's a secondary character it's not likely to happen yet.

Euryala has existed and has strange powers of her one, making the pairing ideal. And since it was mentioned that two of the 9 will become a couple, I think these two are it. :D

I know the logic is flimsy, but any logic would be at this stage. Still, my 2 bits.

LyraHands

And this series started so well...

We had excitement, intrigue, mystery, and now what?!? Soap opera romance?! Seriously, what are you thinking, S.Child? Getting Blazen, of all people, to fall for someone is pretty much absurd. His whole thing in MC was being the loner, and only helping because he feels like it. Getting him to find someone will be against his character.

Interesting info on him, though I hate the family but! Won't it be cooler if he just stumbled on his power while reading occult net stuff? There's no need for a dark past, or an ominous family. We've seen how strong he is, we get it!

MixaMax

@RRBB: since I'm unburdened by MC, I think that it makes a lot of sense. He's obviously a runecrafter, and as such will pair up with someone with a similar power level. And while Danny is an option, the only other character remotely eligible (based on book logic) is Euryala.

If Omni was a female I'd change my view, but for the moment it still stands.

Personally I'm more curious on how the evergems link together. The inkstone will obviously grant him the ability to summon shadow creatures, but so what? Could he and Megan create monsters in the various realities, if they work together? I really hope I get answers to those questions tomorrow.

Jade the Evervirgin

Hmm, so theoretical couples are theoretical. The public seems to love it, though, so I guess one will happen. I can't stop thinking about Megan and Karl! (Curse you, Max!) I know it's all wrong, but it's so sweet! Argh! :/

Karl is always the lost relaxed guy, and Megan is a strong leader, so they'll make the word couple, that's for sure. :) Still, it can happen...

Brush

We must organize a shipping contest! Lyra, how about we do that? I can guarantee the prize: a figurine if the winner's choice. All you have to do is post with your magical @all.

Rules:
Must be a legit ship
Must be explained why is legit ship
Must be well written
Must be SFW (I'm sure Tech would like it that way)

RRBB

Sure, that sounds like fun. Not sure if a whole fic would be necessary, but buck it! It's my site :P I need to think about the details a bit.

LyraHands

What she means to say is that she'll be going over all options, dividing which one to choose :P

I still would like to see Cass and Meg become an item. Impossible, I know, but just picture it. Or better read the fic I'll post 5 weeks from now. It'll be great! :P

Bob

@Bob: you realize I'm sitting next to you, right? Don't make me bap you on the head. And we'll see what happens with a Blazen tomorrow! That said time to go to sleep. Bye!

LyraHands

Sleep well! Tomorrow will be an interesting day :D

RRBB

PreviousChapters Next