• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,953 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,953

PreviousChapters Next
Spinoff Spoilers

@all: I have a small announcement to make.

I may be abusing my authority slightly doing this, but I'd like to say that Chosen of Poseidon will hit stores next week! :)

Since none of you picked that up, I guess we've been doing a better job hiding it. :P Joking aside, I'm glad there were no leaks on this one. Being the first spinoff of MCE, it's pretty special. Personally, I love it and hope all of you do too :)

Enjoy, and let me know what you think!

Luna

@all: Following that huge announcement, a small site related one: we've made it possible for there to be polls on the site. For now only mods will be able to start a poll, so as to limit clutter, but everyone is free to ask for one and if we think it's adequate we'll grant it. Just keep in mind there will be no more than one poll per three days.

The TechNightling

@Luna: I knew :) I just didn't want to get anypony in trouble, so I didn't post here.

That's so cool! A bit sad that Eric won't be in it, but having Molly and Bellucio go on crazy Poseidon adventure will be so much fun :)

I must know, will we actually see Poseidon here? I mean he's been a mystery so far. I reread all the books and other then in memories, dreams, and split realities he's not actually there.

PrinceEric

@PrinceEric: Why you little heartbreaker, you :P I don't think it would be a good idea to have Poseidon show up. Where's the mystery in that? I suspect that it will be them being given assignments from someone claiming to be a proxy of Poseidon.

I'm so looking forward to this. Hopefully there will be some shipping involved, but knowing S&S I don't think S.Child will go that far. Or maybe I'm wrong? :)

RRBB

@RRBB: You skipped class again. Won't that get you grounded?

PaintDrop

@PaintDrop: Nah, I'm sending my assignments on time. I've also spoken with Cheerilee and all's fine. Tell you more when I get back. :)

RRBB

Short&Hoofy message has been deleted.

I should have known :/ Well, I'm expecting somepony to freak out in the next five minutes. You're crazy, you know that? This time, though, I approve. Thank the stars if finally happened! (Even if some ponies didn't deserve it.)

Back to the Molly adventures... I'm not sure what I think about Bellucio being l'homme fatal. Yes, it's everyfilly's dream, and great for art commissions, but really? I thought he was going against the cliche. Having him become beautiful and deadly might be a step back.

PaintDrop

Actually, the notion that stallions aren't fit for fighting is a modern invention. True, the Wonderbolts are composed mostly of mares (with a few shining exceptions), but a large part of the army is of stallions, the palace guard almost exclusively so. (And please don't start with the jokes :/ )

Interestingly enough it was the rise of Sombra that created the original idea. He was, despite all the horrible things he did, quite a beautiful stallion and that captured the imagination of some early classical poets. That gave rise to a new literary archetype: L'homme fatal. Originally, such characters were always evil (occasionally depending at death).

Looking at Midnight Castle, I'm not sure that applies. Remember that the majority of characters there are male (and yes, I know if you count all the numbers it's an even split, but the main characters are definitely male for the most part.) Having Bellucio be a magician and a spy might be more interesting that ponies think. :)

DarkSparkle

@DarkSparkle: Admit it, you just want more fictional eye candy to lust over.

TheRealLuna

@Jade: You can be my L'homme fatal every day of the week :D

AwesomePony

I think I just vomited in my mouth...

RRBB

Hey, that's not nice. I think it will be interesting :) Although, I wouldn't mind there being a bit more romance as well. O:)

SweetStuff

@SweetStuff: We aren't the target audience, remember? Adding romance to colt fiction is a recipe for disaster. You wouldn't believe how many headaches you'd get: outraged parents, upset foals who wanted action and not that "boring stuff", not to mention it would become direct competition to the established adventure franchises.

Tell me honestly, if you have to buy one book what will it be? Daring Do or Bellucio Adventure?

RRBB

I'm as much in the dark as all of you, but I'd definitely read Chosen. @Fleetfoot, how about us having a team read? Half the wing read it anyway. Plus we can have Luna and Blueblood join.

CEOWitch

Nice try, but no. I like to keep my reading private. Besides, you're still on leave!

Fleetfoot

I can organize a reading in the castle! I think it will be a great idea! We'll take breaks between chapters to discuss theories, have snacks, and so on! It will be great :)

DarkSparkle

@DarkSparkle: Remind me, why were you single again? :P

LightSparkle

@LightSparkle: That was a bit rude.

TrueSparkle

@TrueSparkle: I know. Not too much, though ;) In theory I might try to come... if studies and my guardians allow. Life has been like a rollercoaster lately. Well, mostly going up and up, but there are a few things that have me overwhelmed.

You feeling better?

LightSparkle

The point is, I'm organizing! :/ Be there or not!

DarkSparkle

I'll be there. I think it will be nice :)

Brush

So it's settled! @Luna, I'd like to preorder 10 copies! :D

Oh, and I've been working on this audio spell—it's so cool you won't believe!

DarkSparkle

Woohoo, count me in! :) Just let me know the day a bit in advance. I'm taking extra work to make up for my vacation. (Thanks again, DaBoss :)). Me and Bob are so there! And we'll bring some chocolates.

LyraHands

By "we" you mean me, don't you? -.-

Bob

... I love you? O:)

LyraHands

Manipulator! Fine, there will be chocolates.

Bob

Author's Note:

And here's a list of all active members with ID or speculation :)
Member List

Courtesy of NeonGreenTiger

PreviousChapters Next