• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,953 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,953

PreviousChapters Next
Initiatives

Hey all,

I was supposed to do a review of the next Chosen booklet today, but I won't. What happened at Griffinstone is more than scary. I know I'm usually obsessed with stories more than real events, and I know don’t have the bits to help out in any significant way, but I want to do something!

Even before CrystalCon I had a lot of friends there: Feather, GriffinGirlfriend, HappyG, TwoForOne… all of you have been my friends and we've spent weeks chatting in PM or posting. I won't do into long speeches, I'm no writer, but I'll make this request:

If you have any fluff you've thinking of throwing away, don't. Even if you have just a hooffull, if we gather enough we could help get Griffins warm (or others, if the Windigo attacks elsewhere). My grandmother used fluff to make blankets when I was very young, so I know how useful they could be.

Thank you, and please lend a hoof.

PrinceEric

@PrinceEric: You've made me speechless again. This is a very good initiative. With adequate weather planning cold was never a real issue (outside of the north), but now with the latest events, maybe fluff gathering could be useful.

As for Griffinstone, let me assure everyone that help has arrived there, as well as a company of royal guards (along with our very own sgt Pepper) to make sure there is no further devastation. Gustavo Le Grand has also gone, providing treats for free to anyone who wants them.

Once more the site changes lives for the better :)

Luna

Thanks, girls. *yay* that Windigo, but you came and helped, and it showed. I won't lie, I wasn't expecting much from the site. I'm also not stupid, I know the Princesses would have sent help even if I hadn't posted anything, but it really makes a difference knowing the site is behind you.

Also, I cannot thank ManyFaces enough. Not only did she drop everything to be with us, but she also changed into anything to reassure the little ones.

@GLGJ: thanks for being here as well, babe. Love you.

Feather

Sorry, loser :( I would have come earlier, but was trying to kick that thing’s butt! He really annoys me how he moves from one place to another. Even faster than DarkSparkle! Next time I'll get him, I promise!

Also, be with you this afternoon.

AwesomePony

I'll help as well.

LittleFinger

We have managed to gather emergency blankets and any winter clothes we can find. Sis has been working non stop since the fight yesterday to make as much as she could. @LightSparkle: sorry that some of your human clothes were torn up so they could be used.

If anypony in Ponyville has clothes or blankets they want to donate, please do so at school, or at the CMC clubhouse.

SweetStuff

The mayor has also started a similar initiative, so you can give anything you think could help to the town hall. Volunteers will transport it there. @Daboss has assured that the postal service will lend a wing. Any further help is welcome.

MixaMax

So sorry I cannot help right now :( The doctors have forbidden me to leave due to the danger. If it hadn't been for this I might have been back and helped you girls. But as things stand… I have spoken with my brother, however, and he will see to it that some funds make their way to those who need it most.

Take care, you all.

PaintDrop

It's not so bad. Really. Everygriffin is getting better and with the help Equestria is providing things will be back to normal soon :)

I took the opportunity to start rebuilding some a building or two: the library, a bakery, this or that, nothing much. A lot of Griffins are helping out. It's nice :D

Also, thanks CMC! I knew you'd never let us down!

HappyG

I’m glad that helping efforts are underway, but I'm more worried about what would happen if the Windigo strikes again, or chooses a new target. At this point there's no pattern to his behavior, and even the Nightling watch hasn't brought me any closer to anticipating his moves. :(

I'll be there shortly, until then, please be vigilant at all times.

DarkSparkle

@DarkSparkle, you should tell that to TrueSparkle! She's been planning how to track the windigo all day :/ Also, she's planning on setting out and find him on her own (some theory about a magic disruption spell crippling him).

Talk some sense into her! I'll get my hammer.

Grumpy

@Grumpy: Are you spying on me? :/

TrueSparkle

@TrueSparkle: I do what I have to do. Get used to it!

Grumpy

@all: I can't stay long, but I just want to say I've made a page containing links to organizations that could make use of your help (like last time). I've instructed the team to coordinate with Luna how to things more efficient.

Please help as much as you could, and also if you are in any other fandom, post links there (just the charities and relief organizations NOT this site).

I'm really glad that the worst didn't happen, but this new thing has me terrified. I just hope that there's no connection between all the strange events that have been going on. Otherwise it might end up like a MC corporate conspiracy, and that is very bad.

My second round of tests are starting so I won't be back for a few days.

Let's do this together!

LyraHands

Sorry that RRBB hasn't posted. She's been busy organizing Ponyville efforts with MixaMax and the CMC (among others). I just like to say that anything that could produce warmth is welcome, and in that aspect so are letters.

Griffins don't only need blankets, food, and water, they also need to know we are with them. So if you have friends in Griffinstone, or just want to show your support, send a letter telling them that or a PM if they are on the site.

One thing, though, please DO NOT go there yourself. It's dangerous and unless you're trained in relief efforts you'll only be in the way. You can do just as much from your home.

Thank you,

Short&Hoofy

@all: If anyone wants to have an initiative added to the site please PM the following members:

Manehattan: Candle and myself
Canterlot: HopHop, MightyDragon, CodeFilly
Crystal Empire: InItForTheShipping, SaltyHuman
Dragon Lands: HoofTies
Coudsdale: AwesomePony

Anywhere else: RRBB, Luna, number1

The TechNightling

PreviousChapters Next