• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,951 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,951

PreviousChapters Next
Retired

Girls, girls! I heard that another author is retiring from the S.Child team! What's going on? :( So many have been retiring lately. I very much liked the way Everhere was going. It's darker than Chronicles, and more focused on character development, but it's really good!

@Luna, please let us know!

PrinceEric

@PrinceEric: You've nothing to worry about. You are correct, another of our magnificent authors has decided to hang up her quill. And although we'll miss her, I think after thirty years she has deserved some rest and quiet? ;)

Note that the relationship S.Child has with authors is very unique, as in we still are in close touch with them, and welcome any idea and suggestion they throw our way. This will never change.

On a side note Orange (all the authors have code names:)) is one of the first members, who has worked on the original Midnight Castle series. :) She's also been following the site (as have we all) and is very happy with the things she's seen here (both stories and comments). I wouldn't be surprised if she creates an account to start trolling you all :P

Luna

A troll to troll trolls, eh? Only on this site could this happen. Lyra should charge membership fees :P (kidding!)

TheRealLuna

@TheRealLuna: Did you just call me a troll?!?

RRBB

@RRBB: Do you want me to let everyone know of the dreams you've been having lately?

TheRealLuna

@TheRealLuna: Actually, I do! Please PM them to me. I'm dead serious.

@PrinceEric: As untypical as it is, I don't think you have anything to worry. Authors jumping ship when a series is doing bad (critically or financially) is one thing. Authors leaving when it's at the top of its game is something completely different. From what I've seen I doubt it's politics, rather honest to Celestia retirement. Then again, I haven't seen the NDAs writers have signed.

@Luna: Any chance I can apply for the writing position?

MixaMax

@MixaMax: It's already been filled. Although, ill put you on reserve, right after MightyDragon. ;P

Luna

*giggle*
That's cold. :)

@all: A quick announcement from me. The reason that Lyra and Bob haven't been online lately is that they've decided to spend some quality time away from the chaos. Nothing is wrong and they should be back shortly.

CodeFilly

@Luna: I think everypony pretty much knows. :/ At times like these I'm thinking I could use a break as well.

On the bright side, great new chapters from Simile and EndlessHearts. In both cases the plot thickens.

PaintDrop

@PaintDrop: as it should :) I've spoken with both and I can say the upcoming chapters of both stories will be all the better. (Yes, I'm their editor. No, there wasn't too much to fix.)

@Simile: Must say I was a bit surprised when I saw who you were. (In a good way, I promise!) Never expected you to go that far. :)

InItForTheShipping

@Luna, @PaintDrop: You wouldn't dare!

Cool about Endless. (I'm glad you're back. Sorry about my overreaction. Please check your PMs, okay?)

RRBB

@RRBB: check her PMS?!? Rude, much! You check your PMS!

Feather

@all: Just wanted to say a big thanks to everypony who got worried about me. Details are still blurry, but I'm fine.

Winghugs to @Brush for being with me. It it wasn't for you I'd probably never fly again.

@BlueEyes: You'll have to give me some details, friend :)

CEOWitch

@Feather: I'm giving you an official warning. Keep that up and you'll get temp banned.

The TechNightling

So worth it :D

Feather

Must agree with Feather. @RRBB you deserved that, and don't dare ask why! :/

@CEOWitch: Was so worried about you! How did you manage to find a dragon to crash into! You could have settled for a storm or a flock of Griffins, or even a mountain, but you had to go the extra lime and scare us to death! :/

PaintDrop

@PaintDrop: Nah, I'll leave you to spam your crush.

Cool you're fine, CEO :)

RRBB

Shipping war! :D PaintDrop x Karl! AwesomePony x Blazen! RRBB x Cassandra!

:D

Twist

Magic flu *yay* :( At least you're having fun.

TrueSparkle

@InItForTheShipping: What's Simile like in real life?

@CEOWitch: Yay! :D Never doubted you'll be okay! :))

PrinceEric

Seems things are likely as ever here. :) I got two weeks leave. Will be spending them most in Ponyville, so if any of you guys and girls want to say hi let me know.

@PaintDrop: Don't worry. Part of the job. Now I have to suffer two weeks of peace and quiet :)

CEOWitch

Just for the record, I didn't faint! I was just a bit surprised. I mean... hay, I didn't that... I still can't believe it!

@Jade: Just to prove you wrong, I wrote a thing!

@MixaMax: Hey, it's not my fault he can't resist my awesomeness! "Brush" told me how things stand, so don't sweat. I'll keep him off me.

AwesomePony

@AwesomePony: Should have guessed it was you :P Never thought you'd join here. Oh, and no worries about keeping Jade off you... he's currently swearing his head off reading your story. The phrase "a good idea wasted on such incompetence" has been mentioned five times.

MixaMax

@Luna: I am curious, though. How exactly are new authors selected? I have some memory of you mentioning something, but can't recall right now :(

RRBB

PaintDrop message has been deleted.

@RRBB: It's a selection thing. Once S.Child has decided on a replacement the author who wishes to go retires. At times she(or he) acts as a mentor of the new writer for a while.

And before you ask, yes the new author has been chosen and approached. :)

Luna

@Luna: That explains so much. :)

@InItForTheShipping: Hey, okay if I pass to see you? I've mostly done with exams and vacation here will be boring. (Okay, I lie. Vacation here's never boring, but I still want to see you guys, hopefully, before the convention.)

LightSparkle

@LightSparkle: You just want to learn more about the dragon incident, don't you? -.-

Fine, hop right over :) You're explaining it to the hubby, though! :P (He's still recovering from Simile... don't ask, long story.)

InItForTheShipping

That sounds so... interesting O:)

RRBB

@RRBB: Oh, it is. Maybe we can have a chat about it? There's definitely something I need to talk to you about. And by the looks of it it might be a good idea to do that sooner rather than later.

InItForTheShipping

@InItForTheShipping: Huh? What's that? No probs, though. I'll be visiting the Empire next week. We can meet then?

RRBB

At least CEO is safe...

PaintDrop

Author's Note:

And here's a list of all active members with ID or speculation :)
Member List

Courtesy of NeonGreenTiger

Please participate in the poll! (Just speculation. The results will NOT influence the actual outcome.) :)

http://www.strawpoll.me/12753068

PreviousChapters Next