• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,952 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,952

PreviousChapters Next
A Complicated Theory

Hello, all.

I know I'm usually the quiet one, but after rereading Everhere getting ready for the new arc, I got a crazy theory. (Bear with me.)

We know that the Everhere is a thing (weapon or state of existence or both). However, what if it's more? What if it's sentient as well? I've been spending some time in the Royal Canterlot Library when not on duty and found some rather weird writings about Equestria and human myths. One thing in particular caught my interest: Apparently there's this Titan all Gaia who is the “mother of the gods”. The more interesting thing is that encompasses everything that isn't the endless sky (and the stars, sun, and moon). In short she IS Earth. There's a similar theory that Equestria is a sentient being (alicorn) that nourishes all that live on it.

Weird so far? Good! Because things get even weirder. Gaia is said to be female, yet Equestria (despite the name) is described as male. So, if both these entities are nearly all powerful and can change shape at will (as well as create astral avatars of themselves taking any for, they choose), it stands to reason that they might have had a close relationship. What if the Everhere is the child that resulted?

Hear me out! Nowhere is it said that Mistmount is on Earth. (I checked!) There are a lot of assumptions, characters say it's Earth, but I haven't been able to find a single instance of it being said out of dialogue. Furthermore, based on age, the Everprince could be the Everhere’s child or champion, thus granting him extraordinary powers while there (but not on Earth or Equestria). Note that it has been mentioned that the Everhere could be a prison for gods. Also, that would explain the portals to Equestria, as well as Earth proper (which I speculate is the place where the events of Chosen of Poseidon take place.)

That's it for me. Please don't laugh too much. I'm still new at this :)

Sgt Pepper

@Sgt Pepper: marry me and let me have your foals!

That's the most sophisticated and academically sound theory I've heard! I would never even have considered, and I've read all the books in question! (Was it the Aristrottle scrolls? Sounds very much like Aristrottle.)

Simply magnificent! Especially the avatar theory. If the Everhere is indeed a being, she might have her own avatar present, or even have the avatar not be aware of her nature (as we saw with Omni). Incidentally, there are precisely three girls among the 9. Maybe it's just a coincidence, or maybe they form the Everhere?

DarkSparkle

@DarkSparkle: get a grip! Not that I don't want to see you get yayed, but come on! That's an absurd theory. And I'm sure that it's pure coincidence that you have a soft spot for centaurs…:/ (Gaia is a human woman and Equestria an alicorn stallion. Hmmm…)

I do like the idea of the place, though. Of the Everhere is between Earth and Equestria, that would explain a lot of things, including the constant in asking and threats that take place during the Mistmount Chronicles.

On that note, can somepony check if the town grows with each volume? I remember getting that feeling. If combined with the location theory, that might well mean that the “world” literally grows as time progresses. That would be cool. Although I doubt that's the reason. Still, curious to see if that's the case.

@Sgt Pepper: you just entered a world of hurt.

MixaMax

@DarkSparkle: Umm, not that I would mind, but I'm already seeing somepony O:)

Sgt Pepper

*glares*

Vengeance! I will never forget the feud between our families, GLGJ! Never! Never!

PPI

Wow, this place is huge! I'll never catch up with all the stories. :)

Not exactly related to the topic, but Griffins also have interesting myths about humans, mostly to do with winds and clouds. Apparently, Zephyr was originally a human name (well, the name of a mythological biped entity, at least.)

He lived in the sky along with his seven brothers and liked to play pranks of Griffins and pegasi alike. I wonder if any of those will appear in MC.

GLGJ

GLGJ: bby, you're here! :)

See, I told you this place is full with fun dweebs. My loser ex-roomie is also here and is sorta a big thing. @Hey, AwesomePony, look who’s here! Say hello to Jr!

Feather

Okay, I forgive you :)))

PPI

Story of my life :( Always a bridesmaid…

DarkSparkle

@Sgt Pepper: That's crazy! :D It will also explain the gods reference rumor that's going around. Do you think those are the junior gods? I still can't figure that out. :(

If they are not titans or gods, maybe they are something like the Everhere, which… *gasp* Do you think that Hercules and all the others are avatars of places? That would explain why Euryala is with them—her evergem bubble could technically be regarded as a (puny) location, which would also explain why everyone else looks down on her.

What do you think?

PrinceEric

@PrinceEric: please, stop! Shipping fics are bad enough as it is. Now we'll have locations flirting with each other *facehoof*

MixaMax

Oh, Mountain-kun, you are so fine! Your peaks go higher than any mountain range I know! Let's elope and get married!

I cannot, Valley-chan, for as much as I love you my parents would never allow me. You know mother Moon always frowns when she sees us together, and father Ocean has already promised me to the the Island clan.

Say it's not true, Mountain-kun! The Islands are pirates! They will only take you into the depths and drown you with their problems!

I have no choice, Valley changed, for my parents are fond of Lagoon-hime. I expect the wedding to be tomorrow.

Nooo, Mountain-kun!

…to be continued.

Brush

Is it bad that I want to find out what's going on? O:)

CEOWitch

@CEOWitch: I’ll be sure to tell you tonight ;)

@GLDJ: Welcome to our corner of the aethernet :) Usually its Lyra who does this, but since she's away, let me officially welcome you to the Nightling nest and wish you have lots of fun moments here. :)

Brush

Thanks, Brush! I'm sure I will :)

@PPI: sorry?

GLGJ

PreviousChapters Next