• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,948 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,948

PreviousChapters Next
The Zeb Analysis

Ooooh! I’m so excited! We got a new perspective chapter! I love those so much! I’m not sure how long this arc is, but I think things are winding down towards the finale!

Before that just a recap. We know that the Everprince made Poseidon make the mistake and the evergems. We know the gems were given (?) to his closest Chosen who made the corporations. We also know that the Everhere is a common point between realities, making everyone want to control it (but currently it's held by the deities).

So we start with Hades having a meeting in his reality. The Cerberus triplets are there, as well as a several titans, including Prometheus. There’s a discussion about the Earth (Zeus) with Hades finding it amusing that there it’s he who won the Titan Rebellion. Prometheus explains that the gems are becoming united with their owners. So far four have found their stones with two more on the way. Hades says that that is too slow. The more time is wasted the more prepared the other sides will be, and also the closer the Everprince gets to finding “the solution”. Cerberus is ordered to take care of things.

We then jump to Zeus reality, following the life of a Zeb corporation bureaucrat (new corp, btw). Julian, new character, goes about filing reports, and observing the grand9. We have some snarky remarks from Julian’s colleagues about the Felina and the grand9. At one point, Julian gets called by the VP of the Corp who orders him to transport an object from HQ to a new safe house. He’s also given a file indicating who the evergem is linked to. During the transport (I love the description of the armored chariot) they are attacked by the Everprince. Julian manages to escape. There’s a long chase with him using all sorts of trinkets and trying to get in touch with his corp for backup. Ultimately, he manages to reach the area of the safehouse alive.

Just as he’s about to input his code, the Everprince appears and breaks his arm. (So violent!) The Everprince takes the gem and starts looking at it, then casually comments that he won’t be needing his services anymore. Julian starts pleading for his life, to which the Everprince just laughs that eh has no life. In a sudden twist it’s then revealed that Julian is a manifestation of the evergem (the inkstone ?) which is meant for Blazen. Julian then unravels into a cloud of ash and is then blown away.

We then jump back to the Zeb corp, where the VP is observing the scene from cameras at the safehouse. He then mentions that “it’s done”. Prometheus then nods and comments that Hades is thankful and will remember his allies once the change happens, and “for the moment we just need your evergem to become whole”.

Definitely a chapter I wasn’t expecting. Lots of new intrigue and preparation for the end of volume one :) What do you think? Will it all end with a huge battle? Or maybe the return of Poseidon? I can’t wait!

PrinceEric

@PrinceEric: I’m really afraid that the finale will be messed up. Yeah, I know I’ll get a lot of hate because of this, but in a lot of the cases the finales do get messed up. I’m aware that the writing team has more experience and skill than anypony on the site, but the endings still *yay*. Even back when things were simple. In Mistmount it was a simple matter of fighting a single corp and the occasional other monster. Here, we have realities attacking each other in ways I can’t even comprehend. Like, is Lada from a reality in which she defeated Zeus? Is Computrix from a reality that defeated Zeus in the past?

What happens when Hades faces Hades? (Remember there are several of them now.) And what the hell will happen to Poseidon? I won’t lie I’m still a bit lost, even if things are slowly starting to make sense.

TL; DR: I think yeh finally will be a mess, but hope the next Volume will be better.

MixaMax

@MixaMax: I like it and I’ll tell you why: this is a new experiment. I know this sound bad, but it’s actually not. We all admit that Everhere is much different than Mistmount (which was different from the original Midnight Castle). It’s undisputed that it has attracted a lot of new readers, even if there are few large purist groups on the site. What I like about this is that now we get to see the results. The characters are the same, and beloved by all, even with their new powers. Also, because of the evergems it’s easy to make spinoffs, revert to Mistmount to even go back to the originals. (Not to mention the tons of Fanfiction we could do :))

So I am very happy with the development of the world, the old characters as well as the new. When this started how many could have imagined that Euryala would become the third most liked character in the community? Not to mention that we now have a lot of really complex villains. They are no longer evil to be evil, there’s always a reason. Also, we have official shipping pairs now (unthinkable a while back).

I think the finale will be great and plan to use it in some story :)

Brush

@Brush: I don’t know... I’m still skeptical.

MixaMax

@MixaMax: You were skeptical about a lot of things. In fact you’ve been going on and on how MCE isn’t what it once was! And yet you love Chosen, you hypocrite! (Jade told Squishy.)

I can see there’s going to be a huge climax, but I can’t tell what it will be. Personally I don’t think we’ll find all the gems this Volume. So far we know that Euryala, Megan, and the Danny have theirs, also that Blazen is likely to get his soon. Who is the fourth one, though? So far there’s no indication (my theory is that Eric has his thanks to Echo). The way I see it the volume will end with one of two things: Poseidon’s return, or Athena will do something crazy.

RRBB

@RRBB: like, the Everprince totally has a stone. I can feel it in his aura.

Tree

@Tree: are you crazy?! The Everprince made Poseidon create the gems. How can he be one of his Chosen? Unless you’re saying that all we know is a lie. :/ No, it’s Eric!

Well, it’s possible for us to find out everything is a false reality or a dream, to something, but that will be so cheap that ponies will revolt in ten streets. @Luna, it’s not that, right?

RRBB

@RRBB: you’ll see in 3 weeks ;) That’s all I’m saying.

Luna

Hmm... oh well, I guess I’ll get my combat gear ready... for when ponies grab pitchforks and torches. :)

Nah, Blue told me the ending will be cool. @DaBoss, you really riled Cap’s feathers by the way. She’s totally unrecognizable. Is there a part of the story I don’t know about?

CEOWitch

@CEOWitch: just the usual. Guess she doesn’t like that Blue and I are still friends :P

No, it’s cool. Blue’s her prince now, and I have found myself a cute pair of wings to be with. ;)

DaBoss

Nope, totally cool... Both of you dated royalty. What could possibly go wrong?

Oh, and I’ve been asked to consult and model for Euryala next Volume. Guess you can’t beat talent ;)

Fleetfoot

...you are all insane! Thank you!

MightyDragon

@MightyDragon: Still banned!

AwesomePony!

PreviousChapters Next