• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,952 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,952

PreviousChapters Next
Future Lineup

Yep, it’s that time! (The time when I surprise you all by glorious MC announcements before PrinceEric, CEOWitch, or DaBoss spill the beans :P)

Let’s begin with something bittersweet. As of this moment two more promising writers have agreed to join the MC team, thus replacing the last of the old guard. Now, don’t panic MixaMax. Several of the old writers will continue to work as mentors for a few more years, so there will be no sudden changes. MC writers earn their position and remain part of the family for life and could at any point give advice or criticism to the new generation :)

And that’s not all. Prince Blueblood, in a fit of generosity, has allowed me to share the publication schedule of next year so you can speculate. (And believe me there will be a few surprises).

Midnight Castle Everhere, Volume 2
Blazen’s Journey, Volume 1
Chosen of Poseidon, Volume 2
Princess Jennifer, Volume 1
Midnight Castle Everhere, Illustrated Tome
Midnight Castle Everhere, Audioscrolls
Mistmount Chronicles, Volume 1, Audioscrolls
Project Butterfly 2 (a new story by authors in the community)
Midnight Castle Everhere, Chapter 1-2, Dreamscrolls

Order does not reflect publication date :)

Have fun speculating ;)

Luna

I’ve moved this thread to the rumor section. A locked copy of the announcement remains in general. Please do not open new speculation threads.

Thank you,

The TechNightling

Where do I start... @Luna, you know I like you, but seriously? Audioscrolls of Mistmount? :/ There already are a dozen versions of that collection (I know, I have them all!) The Dreamscroll is interesting, especially if the quality is as good as the live dreamreadings, which I doubt. No offense to Simile, but I don’t believe we have the technology to achieve real good quality dreams.

As for the new stuff, it’s pretty much what we expected. Of course there would be MCE2 and Chosen of Poseidon 2. Blazen and Jennifer also aren’t terribly new (the only thing we weren’t sure was whether they would come out next year or the year after).

Project Butterfly is a surprise, though. And I’ll definitely have to talk to Jade about that :/

MixaMax

@MixaMax: I wondered how long it would take you to start ranting and I wasn’t disappointed. I, actually surprised that your rant wasn’t longer, but I guess being pregnant has drained you from your usual strength :P

Concerning dreamtech, yes, it’s still experimental technology, but the prototypes seem promising enough for us to test a small (1000 scrolls) sample in the market. Based on that I’m confident we’ll see further chapters made into dreamscrolls.

One important thing to keep in mind: 7-day money back policy. When you get your dreamscroll, test it the first few nights you have it! The whole point is for it to provide s nice and lasting experience, so if you feel it doesn’t there’s no shame in asking for a refund.

(A quick piece of advice on busyness I got from my father: cheating only works once. If I trick you to buy a defective dreamscroll, I can be sure that nopony would buy or invest in anything dealing with such technology.)

RRBB

Yes! Blazen has his own spinoff! I know very little about it, but I know it would deal with taming and controlling spirit creatures. That would be so cool! I hope Eury goes with him. She’s such a cool character (I know MixaMax doesn’t agree :P)

I hope Eric also gets his spinoff O:) Not sure he’ll be a good match for Echo, but I like her character as well. And Princess Jennifer... I don’t know, I find that sweet.

So many things to look forward to next year :)

PrinceEric

Nice lineup! I expect the curators are bracing themselves for what’s to come. :P

Unrelated, guess who will be cosplaying as Jennifer. Yep, that’s right :) Thanks to PaintDrop and Rarity, my costume is being prepared as we speak :P

@MasterOfThisAstra: what about you? Will you be dressing up as anything special for next week? :)

Brush

@Brush: yep, I’ll be going as the Everprince :) All 3 instances of him.

I also made my marefriend a fan of the series, so she’ll be going as Kalypso. What’s CEO going as?

MasterOfThisAstra

@MasterOfThisAstra: he’ll be working so he’ll swoop in in uniform. Will be fun to see you dressed up again. Hope there are others.

Brush

@Brush: you’re the best! :)))

FlurryHeart

I thought I was the best...

DarkSparkle

@DarkSparkle: umm, you have the best friends, auntie! :)

FlurryHeart

@FlurryHeartm don’t be mean to your aunt!

@SaltyHuman, MightyDragon: now do you see why it was a bad idea to let her have an account? :/

InItForTheShipping

But mooom! I wasn’t being mean! I like auntie! Brush is just cooler!

FlurryHeart

@FlurryHeart: don’t worry. Mommy and I are just joking :) And Brush is cool. That’s why she’s one of my best friends :) We’re all looking forward to seeing her in her costume in a week :D

DarkSparkle

@Luna: I think the lineup is great! So many new stories to read! :) I’m still not sure about Audioscrolls. There’s something about reading that makes the experience special.

Live readings, on the other hoof, I can’t get enough fo those! :)

DarkSparkle

@Luna: who are the new writers? Or the old ones? O:)

LyraHands

@LyraHands: nice try :P *hugs*

You have no idea how tempting it is to give some hints and watch you try and find out, yet Blueblood was very specific... before he went and blubbered everything out to DaBoss. That stallion will get himself in trouble one of these days...

Edit: In response he came to my office and is currently mocking me. Life is so unfair :P

Luna

I kissed a prince and liked it.

Simile

What?

DarkSparkle

What?

Luna

What?!?

number1

I kissed a princess. Sorry, my autocomplete is acting up.

Simile

@Simile: which one?

Brush

I’m going to be sick :G

LightSparkle

The thread has been locked.

The TechNightling

Author's Note:

9 chapters remaining...

PreviousChapters Next