• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,951 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,951

PreviousChapters Next
Minor Update

Girls, I have some huge announcements to make!

First, let me thank The TechNightling and CodeFilly for rewriting mess and making it usable. We now have a solid and fast system that is secure and can withstand infinite updates with minimum rewrites. I strongly recommend you change your user passwords. I've no idea what might have happened while I did the code, and don't want to risk it!

My horn has melted off, but I finally managed to get the tagging system working. Thanks to CodeFilly for lending a hoof and free pizza (love you, babe!). From now on please add all the respective tags as you post your stories. For the moment, I've only added the most basic of the basic. If you want new tags just poke me.

Be sure to tag all NSFW fics as NSFW

I'm in talks with somepony who's good in art to help out with the site UI. Might cost me a bit, but since it's a onetime expense I'm cool (especially since RRBB will be paying for my MC miniatures :P)

After some talks with Tech and CodeFilly, we've decided it's a shame not to use PaintDrop's art. (I bet Brush will be too drolly for the next of the day to post :P) So anypony can link one pic to fic. Links still have to be external :(

With that, I wish you a good day! I'm off to work after spending the whole night coding (Celestia take me now! :((( )

LyraHands

@LyraHands: *drool* *drool* *drool* Oh, you said something, kettle?

@PaintDrop: Your bro is sooo cuuute! *drool intensifies* The things I can do with him... O:) Also you're quite cool yourself. I bet you're popular with the colts at school ;)

Brush

A small additional announcement.

We've also added the option to link music files to fics. Now you can also provide background music to set the ambience for your readers.

NSFW applies to pictures and music, so be sure to tick the checkbox where needed.

CodeFilly

What is NSFW?

Candle

@Candle: Not Safe For Woona! :P

RRBB

@RRBB: :) I actually meant what is considered NSFW? I work in a field that has a lot of provocative elements. I've often found that when talking to ponies out of Manehatten I say things that appear shocking, which is weird because I'm usually called the shy one.

Candle

Good question, Candle!

The rule of hoof is that if it gets you in trouble at work it's best not to post it. On your case, though, this might not apply. I remember you having some surprising scenes in the latest fic you sent me. Now I understand why.

I'll be adding a new tag called Borderline. It's a temporary measure until I can talk to LyraHands and CodeFilly about the matter in depth.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

The TechNightling

@Brush: he's my brother, but he can be such a drama king. :P I'm joking. He's nice if extremely sheltered.

You can say I have no problem with colts... if only the ones at school weren't such shallow airheads :/ I can't wait to get in college. Maybe there I'll meet somepony adequate.

Do you want more pics? I'm working on Bob's story, but I always have time for you :) Let me know if you want any of your pics redone.

PaintDrop

@RRBB: Pfft. You'll be amazed at the things I see at night.

Luna

@Luna: maybe I can share a peek? :P

@PaintDrop: you know I can't say no, but you've done so much already. *jumps with joy* Also, I think I'll be fine seeing your pics for Bob.

@Bob: you game for a collab? :)

Brush

@Luna: Oh, my. :P That's a very naughty thing to say, Your Highness. I never knew you were a fan of Midnight Castle.

RRBB

@Brush: I don't usually do this, but... I'll see what I can do. Just for you :)

@RRBB: You have no idea how boring it gets on the moon. Also humies are fun :D

Luna

@Brush: I thought you'd never ask. :D I see a great F-M-M triangle forming. It will be glorious! Bwahahahaha! Sure thing. I think it will be great. Maybe we can wait to see if the next series is a thing and go with that?

@Luna: uh-oh...

Bob

@Bob: Don't you uh-oh me, "Bob!"

Luna

Impersonating royalty? I can get you arrested! Do you know what they do to impersonators in prison? I hear they Pierce their tongue and ears, then throw them naked in the cold! You won't last an hour let alone a day!

CEOWitch

@CEOWitch: No! I'll arrest you!

Great use of quote :) You really know your stuff.

Don't worry, girls. I'm not here to cause problems, just for fun and amusement. Surprised it took me so long to find a Midnight Castle fansite. There are over fifty Daring Do ones, twice that much for the action comic series, but none for MC :( Well, apart from this one ;)

Luna

Omg! It's a honor to have you here, Princess! :) Let me be the... fourth *shakes fistt at Brush, Bob, and CEOWitch* to welcome you to our humble site. I'll do everything in my power to ensure your stay is comfortable and eternal :)

LyraHands

@Luna: no way! :) We have Luna!

Btw, I think Luna totally has a thing for Eric! Well, not a thing, thing... more like a mentor-student thing. So far nearly all the Dream warnings she has sent have been to him, even after The Dream Stone. Maybe that's how Eric knows what's going on in Canterlot without going there? Also, I'm almost convinced Eric's pet bat is in fact one of Luna's batponies. There's no other reason for the bat to get so much attention (87 mentions so far, and I've still not finished reading Vols 1 and 2 of Mistmount Chronicles!

PrinceEric

@LyraHands: Well, you always were one of my favourites :)

@PrinceEric: Aren't you the enthusiastic one *pats on head*

Actually, I'll be making several appearances in the upcoming series. I can only say: good catch on the bat ;)

Luna

Here we go again...

PaintDrop

Author's Note:

I managed to last till day 15 :)

To mark the occasion, and than all of you for your patience and comments, I'm going to do a character AMA.

Please write in the contents who (other than Luna) you'd like to go first :) At the next update I'll open a blog on the subject and answer all questions gathered there till the weekend :)

The blog will NOT be posted as a chapter, but everything said there is "cannon" :P

PreviousChapters Next