• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,953 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,953

PreviousChapters Next
Grace's Advice

Hello, my darlings. <3

Your friendly curator Grace here. I'd just like to make a few minute requests that would help speed up the curation process tremendously. :) You're all doing a tremendous job, and I can feel the passion and drive in all of your works, so let's just make even better, shall we? ;)

1) Take a week before submitting.

I know that you can't wait to show your story to the world, but why settle for anything less than your best? Like ants, there are lots of minuscule mistakes that can easily be caught at a moment's glance. So, when your finish your story, leave it to rest for a while then get back to it after a week and do a quick read through.

2) Use indentation and line breaks.

As wonderful as your story might be a wall of text simply isn't beautiful. Add a few touches and you'll be surprised at the amount if new readers you'd get. ;)

3) Don't be afraid to ask for editors.

There's no shame in asking for help. Remember, an editor job is to make your story shine, not stifle your creativity. Whether it's a friend, parent, or site writer, don't be afraid to reach out for help. (Just remember they have lives as well, so they might not have the time to help.) Also, if there's a story you like, in turn offer help (via PM). ;)

With that I wish you a beautiful day! <3

Grace

@LyraHands: Can we create an editor group? RRBB and I were discussing that and think it might be a good idea. :) Even if each of us are linked to a story, we can edit a few more stories. :D I know Jade and MasterOfThisAstra are also very good editors and there might be many more on the site.

Twist

@Grace: Aren't we fancy? :P But yeah, I agree. It's really annoyed trying to make out something in a wall of text in which every second word is messed up!

@LyraHands, @Twist: Yeah! What Twist said. We have a group for curators, so it might be good to have a group of editors. Just think what would have happened if DDD had remained in its original state? (For one, Jade would have gone insane and possibly strangled AP with her wings :P)

I'm already pretty engaged with My Friend Molly but I can take a few stories, provided that they I like them! @The TechNightling: can you make a system for requests? I don't want my PM to explode (already getting loads of spam because of the curation thing.)

RRBB

@RRBB: Hey! My story is awesome! And Jade could never strangle me! He's too fragile and delicate for that!

AwesomePony

@AwesomePony: Maybe he'll strangle you with love? :P

@RRBB: I know I'm not much of a writer or anything, but I could try this editing thing out. *yay* I've been fixing AwesomePony's homework since I was eight. Plus lots of speeches back home... (Winds, that was lousy money!)

Feather

@Feather: you're aware that this will be down for free, right? :/

PaintDrop

@PaintDrop: For free?!? Are you *yay* kidding me?!

:P Nah, it's fine. What do you take me for? Some greedy Griffin or something? :P This site is one of the few places that brings me joy and amusement. No way I'm placing a price tag on that.

Hey, @LyraHands, @CodeFilly, @The TechNightling: Include that in the rules, will you? It's a miracle it hasn't happened so far. Would be a mess if everypony started asking money for everything.

Feather

@Feather: The reason it isn't in the rules is because it's a complicated issue. There are a few ponies who do art commissions, but also do free requests. There's no reason for writing, editing, music, and costume making should be treated differently. As long as members are made aware in advance and there isn't aggressive add-spamming things should be fine.

@all: If anypony has asked you for money without reason or in any way done something unethical or illegal, please let mods know! Such behaviour is not tolerated!

The TechNightling

@The TechNightling: gotcha!

Feather

@RRBB, @Twist: That's actually a great idea! I discussed things with Tech, Code, and Mighty and it's happening. Also...

@all: Announcement, everyone! HopHop will be joining the Mod team! Like Code, she's really good at this (much better than me) and will be taking care of feature support (meaning, making sure that all the crazy requests you make are optimized).

@HopHop: your first task is to set up the editor role, make a separate request system, and also create an editor only page (same as the mod page). O:)

LyraHands

@RRBB, LyraHands: Very much appreciate it, darlings ;) <3

Grace

@Grace: you sound like my sister -.-

SweetStuff

@SweetStuff: She'd be flattered I'm sure :) That might be slightly impossible, though ;)

Grace

@LyraHands: You won't get me to quit that easily! :P Plus, most of it's already done and just needs duplication. I'll have it running by tomorrow (@CodeFilly: you haven't forgotten our game this afternoon, right?)

Roles and board are already done. I'll also be adding a place where curator and editor wannabes could apply so not to spam everypony :)

@RRBB, @Twist: I've made you Editing Princesses so now you don't need Code to decide who to make an editor and not. :)

@LightSparkle: You are a Curating Princess.

@LyraHands: As for you you are just a Modular Princess. :P

HopHop

My sides! My sides! "modular princess" :)))

@HopHop: Marry me! :D

Feather

@Feather: Err, thanks for the offer, but I don't exactly know you, and I already have coltfriend :)

HopHop

@Grace: I find this very suspicious...

SweetStuff

@HopHop: You never change ;)

I've already mentioned that an editor group is a great idea. Now that we have it, I'm hoping to get a lot more wonderful stories :D (As you might guess, I don't have Grace's patience)

Sadly, I at this time I can't help in with edit (as much as I want to :( ) Exams are crazy and I'm having some family issues :/

LightSparkle

@RRBB, @Twist: I think that it's only normal for me to join the editor group. My understanding of linguistics and syntax, not to mention my vast literary knowledge, would be a huge benefit to aspiring young authors.

Besides, I am fully versed (as you know) with everything MC related...with the possible exception of the griffin variant.

DarkSparkle

@DarkSparkle: No!

RRBB

@RRBB: But, but... Why?!?

DarkSparkle

@DarkSparkle: Just how many stories did you end up curating, Princess? :/

RRBB

Heh heh... funny thing, that O:)

Alright, I see your point.

DarkSparkle

Thus Equestria was saved... or at least the sanity of the site and all potential writers.

TheRealLuna

Author's Note:

And here's a list of all active members with ID or speculation :)
Member List

Courtesy of NeonGreenTiger

PreviousChapters Next