• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,952 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,952

PreviousChapters Next
The Honeymoon Post

@Hey, everyone!

Technically we're not supposed to be here, but something remarkable happened, and I just must share!

As you know CodeFilly and I are on our honeymoon in Baltimare. So far it has been incredible (the Crystal Empire is nice and all, but I live the sun too much!) So, we were at the beach today, where we spend most of our mornings, when we suddenly hear the following conversation:

Young pegasus mare: I'm so glad Brush is back to writing. After everything that happens to her I thought she'd quit the site.

Young pegasus stallion (clearly her coltfriend): Yeah. The whole drama thing was a bit too much. Good thing Tech out his hoof down. Do you think we'll see any of them at the convention?

Mare: that would be so cool. I can't imagine what it would be like just to get to talk to them. You know what I mean?

Stallion: Yeah. Finally someplace we don't have to hide we. I heard rumors that Princess Twilight might be there. Cool that there’s a Nightling Princess.

Mare: As if! It's all a publicity stunt. I mean, come on, how do you imagine an actual princess writing coltfiction? It's just like Luna, who is confirmed she isn't Luna.

Stallion: It would be nice, though.

Mare: Don't get me wrong, if any dignitary is there I'll fly to her faster than you can say applesplit.

The conversation went on discussing the lives of the humfamous Nightlings on the site. (Tech, you have quite the fan base it seems. “Strict and mysterious” and “still single, I hear” :P) So they go on and on. By that time Code and I have stopped whatever we are doing, and are listening to their every word.

At that point two more ponies appear—an earth mare and her younger brother (about fifteen I’d say). They too join in the conversation. (Well mostly the mare. The colt is trying to look cool, pretending to ignore them, but still comments every now and again just to prove them wrong).

By this time it's getting late. ColdFilly is poking me go for a swim (though she’s still got one ear pointing at the group). I'm sitting there chuckling like an idiot, trying to pretend I'm not listening in. And suddenly one of them says: “Can you imagine if MightyDragon and CodeFilly come here for their honeymoon?” (Or something along those lines.)

MightyDragon

Sorry, I sent it too soon :/

Anyway, one of them says that and I completely lose it. I stand up, look CodeFilly in the eyes (by that time she's already suspecting what I have in mind). So, I take her by the hoof and go directly to the group of Nightlings.

“Excuse me,” I say. “I couldn't help but overheard. Are you talking about the EqF site?”

They stare at me, then at themselves and nod. I can tell most of them are skeptical.

“Cool. Because, I'm a regular there. And you know who this is?” I point at Code. “This is CodeFilly!”

I swear, there was such a silence that I thought a sea monster had come out from the ocean. And then things got really strange!

MightyDragon

TL/DR: we came across some nice local Nightlings. Mighty made a fool of himself and me, and as a result we spend the day being shown round the city. Tonight we're the guests of honor of the Danny Club.

I never thought we'd be famous for something such as this. @LyraHands, you can feel proud of your achievement. :)

CodeFilly

But, Thaco… I would have said it better. :(

MightyDragon

@MightyDragon: If that's the way you write, I can understand why you get your stories rejected every time :P

That aside, it’s a cool story. Maybe next time I go on vacation there will be ponies talking about me too :) Did you take pictures?

PaintDrop

@PaintDrop: You have no idea :/ It seems fun now, but try rearing through fourth thousand words of that. You haven't seen the true terror of tense change until you have. *facehoof*

@MightyDragon, @CodeFilly: I'm with Paint on the pictures, though. Share!

RRBB

I don't know how to feel about this :( I haven't exactly publicized the fact that I'm a Nightling, but to claim that I'm a publicity stunt… that's just hurtful :( Still, I'm glad that the site is getting the recognition it deserves. We joke about this a lot, but Lyra really did something magical. To pick a highly controversial subject (and let's face it, coltfiction is precisely that), to make a site, to find like minded ponies to help her run it, but above all, to make it seem like home. I know there have been rough patches, but this place is a second home to me, and I believe many more.

Creating that is no small feet (trust me, I know what I'm talking about). To see that ponies across Equestria are starting to appreciate that…well, I think it speaks for itself ;)

DarkSparkle

Lyra is too busy blushing in the corner of the room, but on her behalf I accept your praise. :)

Bob

@CodeFilly: I'm actually not far from Baltimare. Would you two mind if I pass to see you? If you don't mind, of course. (I know it's your honeymoon and all, but I need to see you.)

Brush

Yes, Brush. You can come and ogle all the stallions on the beach :P

MightyDragon

@Brush: Talk about being sneaky. :P

RRBB

At the risk of sounding like me I'd like to remind to everyone that even if MightyDragon’s story was a breath of fresh air in our stressful lives, they still are on their honeymoon and would prefer to keep it that way. So, please do not bother them with any additional requests be it here or in PMs.

@MightyDragon, @CodeFilly: Enjoy a wonderful time and don't worry about the crowd here. Hop and myself would be able to handle things until your return.

The TechNightling

@CodeFilly, @MightyDragon: Aww! Please take pictures! Kisses! And bring some souvenirs! :)

HopHop

I wish I were on my honeymoon with somepony special… *sniff*

TrueSparkle

Alright, enough is enough! I'm locking the thread!

On a MC related note. First copies of Chosen will be available tomorrow. If there are any plans for another reading, I strongly advise someone start a thread.

The TechNightling

Author's Note:

And here's a list of all active members with ID or speculation :)
Member List

Courtesy of NeonGreenTiger

PreviousChapters Next