• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,951 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,951

PreviousChapters Next
Daring Do vs MCE

@Jade: Ha! I knew it! No way thus is cooler than DD! The entire thing is running with no fighting. Okay, so maybe there is a bit of fighting. And Blazen isn't a complete loser. But the others? Like really?

Bookboy (sorry, Eric) is all about portals and libraries who got possessed by a mirror! (That's a laugh!) Partyboy (Omni) is an evil party fragment, natureboy is boring, fashionboy is meh (reminds me of a friend). Titangirl is okay, I guess, but not good enough for Blazen. And the other three are Gary Stus.

Daring Do, now that's a real adventure! You actually feel as if you're there. The thrill, the action. Everhere... pfft! I've seen more excitement in everyday life!

AwesomePony

@AwesomePony: Oh, another teen mare has joined the site. Not enough angst for you? I see you have problems seeing beyond the "punch punch kick kick" aspect of books. I expect next you'll say Wonder Mares has deep plot and isn't about tails, blood, and hooves?

Also, which Daring Do books are you referring to? Book two was pretty biting if I recall, mist if it being spent (literally) in libraries trying to figure things out. Or was that book 5? I get mixed up. We're given a typical perfect mare (strong, smart, pretty) who does everything with ease rarely getting into any actual trouble. (and just for your info I've spoken to the author I'm real life, who's quite nice in fact) and she has told me that the stories were dumbed down a bit for mass-market appeal.

Jade

Yesssss! Fight! Fight! Smooch! Smooch! :D

Feather

Hold a moment!

Blazen isn't a complete loser.

Titangirl is okay, I guess, but not good enough for Blazen.

@AwesomePony: Tell me you didn't get a crush on Blazen? >:D

RRBB

RRBB: I'd be careful making such statements, if I were you...

PaintDrop

PaintDrop: Well, to be honest everypony was a bit "happy" yesterday. Killer headache, though :(

YouKnowWho

@YouKnowWho: Some more than others.

PaintDrop

I wasn't.

Short&Hoofy

@Jade: Well, I happen to have talked to the author as well, and I can say for a fact that there's nothing dumb about the stories! They are realistic! You know things that can actually happen? Like in real life? Or you gonna tell me that there are bipeds hiding among us? Or magic portals to other worlds? Hah! Don't make me laugh!

I've had arguments with nerds like you. All you want is more neediness and less action. Well, that's not the real world! And there's nothing wrong with having one main character, not having to follow 9 (10 with Caprice who seems more like a comic relief character) all the time.

@RRBB: I just think he's a cool character, is all. Like if yeh story was centered round him it would be so much better. Blazen's adventures.

AwesomePony

You tell em, Awesome! :)

Feather

I'm rereading MCE, and it makes so much more sense now! I can't believe the things I never saw before. Pure genius. I've already started to make a list of characters to see if there any other shattered souls :)

@AwesomePony: The audience is totally different. I doubt there are many Daring Do fans among the Nightlings and vise versa.

PrinceEric

@AwesomePony: Typical mare attitude! What's next? Pegasus characters are best characters?

I've had arguments with nerds like you. All you want is more neediness and less action. Well, that's not the real world!

Please elaborate on that! When have I said anything about realism? Or did you feel your arguments were *yay* so you changed the topic? I dare you to take any DD book, remove the action scenes and the cheesy dialogue and tell me what's left!

Jade

@Short&Hoofy: You really need to loosen up a bit. Well not as much as Paint and You, but you get the idea :)

@Jade: Pone, you need to calm down. I can almost hear you swear from here. Chill :)

RRBB

@RRBB: I don't like the sound of the first :/

You have no idea how right you are about Jade. He's swearing like an admiral :) Not that I mind. He's very good afterwards :)

@AwesomePony: Just in case, don't get any ideas. Jade is mine. Like we're engaged.

MixaMax

Oooh, look at Max get all protective of her hooftoy. :)

Brush

@MixaMax, @RRBB: It's fine. Nothing happened and it's better this way.

Short&Hoofy

@MixaMax: No, it wasn't fine. And yes, I got drunk, but at this stage I can say I REALLY needed it!

PaintDrop

@MixaMax: Huh? What? Did you think I was flirting? Mare, Jade is so not my type! Like I bet he's that geeky teeny stallion that talks big, but is nothing in real life! And I'm totally awesome! Like I can get any stallion I choose. Heck, I have trouble of keeping them off me. Like, all the time!

AwesomePony

That's right, mares and stallions, Awesome is a total virgin.

Feather

@Feather: Ya think? :P

RRBB

Oooh boy. This will get messy :D

Five bits on Max :D

LightSparkle

I'm aware thus should be taken in the contest of a joke, but I strongly advise against talking about betting. Thank you.

The TechNightling

@AwesomePony: Just keep it in mind, okay?

Alright, everyone, I've taken Jade off his comp for excessive stomping and teeth grinding. I'll be going myself, so have fun.

MixaMax

@MixaMax: As much fun as you're having? :P

RRBB

@RRBB: You had to go there... :/

PaintDrop

I'll be going as well. @PaintDrop, can I hang your place?

Short&Hoofy

@Short&Hoofy: You can crash at my place if you want? :)

RRBB

@RRBB: Maybe some other day.

Short&Hoofy

This place is totally lame! I don't even know why I joined! :/ I'm outta here!

AwesomePony

Well, I must get back to work. Was fun, pones :)

Don't worry, Awesome will be back :)

Feather

Welcome to (apple) bucking season, it seems O:)

Brush

Author's Note:

And here's a list of all active members with ID or speculation :)
Member List

Courtesy of NeonGreenTiger

Please participate in the poll!

http://www.strawpoll.me/12753068

PreviousChapters Next