• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,945 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,945

PreviousChapters Next
Useful Advice

@all: okay, this is the big one! Tomorrow we all set off the meet in Canterlot. As somepony who's been to a few conventions (in a personal and professional capacity) here are a few hints to keep in mind:

1) Ears and teeth - clean them, brush them, check them!

It sounds silly, I know, but trust me the amount of ponies who neglect this is staggering :/ Make sure you have no bits of straw in your teeth, check your breath, and for stars' sake pay attention to your ears! With the amount of ear nibble comments on the site this should be obvious. You don't want anypony to get a mouthful of earwax after a nibble, right? (Don't ask :/).

2) Wings and mane

This is mostly for the pegasi. Make sure you preen your wings! There will be professional photographers, so don't ruin your memories by not taking care. Yes, I know that by definition we're described as shut-ins, living in our parents' basement, so let's prove them wrong! (Fleet and I will be posing with everypony who wants)

3) Stallions

They do exist, they will be there, so don't freak out! Also, I know some of the posters claim to be male (which we'll see for sure) so take it easy. No Brushisms, okay? If you find a cute stallion engage in NORMAL conversation with him. (Don't be “that girl”) And also, don't be nervous. Stallions are ponies too!

4) Keep it family friendly

I know for a fact that some of our members are foals, so keep the lewds to a min. It’s Canterlot so there's enough places to go and engage in such discussions after sunset.

5) Have fun!

I'm sure a lot of you are tense (I've seen this at every convention I've been to) but try to shake that off. The whole point of the meetup is to see each other and have a few days of Nightling fun. Real life can wait for that long (trust me, nearly always it can). And if anything happens, there will be a few Wonderbolts to keep you safe *wink*

CEOWitch

@CEOWitch: my heroine.

PaintDrop

@all: A few additional things for all of you who aren't from Canterlot. It's a big place, you can get lost. If you get lost ask for the Palace. It's visible from almost everywhere and everypony knows it. I'll talk to the guards so they expect lost Nightlings.

Although the schedule for the event is pretty packed (thanks to MixaMax and DarkSparkle) everypony who wants can still get a guided tour of the city. If you do, let me know once you get here and I'll see how to make it work.

See you soon!

CodeFilly

@all: Guess I have to say a few words as well.

First of all, huge thanks to CEOWitch and Luna for making this possible. In my wildest dreams I couldn't imagine this happening. :D Those who know me know how much I've been wanting this even if... Stupid emotions. Breaking my train of thought :~) All I wanted to say is… thank you.

Thank you for being here. Thank you for trusting me. Thank you for making Equestria a better place. We might be just a group of weirdos on an aethernet site, but we've helped each other in times of need (and trust me, I know how trying some of them have been) and isn't that what matters? We might have not all saved Equestria but each of us has saved somepony, and in life that's what counts.

And I made a fool of myself. :) See you soon, you crazies.

LyraHands

@LyraHands: well, you're our fool, and we love you for it. *ear nibble* Have a great time, you silly thing. Not sure I'll make it, but I'm with you in spirit.

Bob

@Bob: Nooo! :( I was hoping to meet you, Brush, and RRBB. You three are my favorite writers.

@LyraHands: That was really sweet. Just like in a Mistmount Chronicles chapter. Thank you, Lyra! Thank you for making this wonderful place. I have a lot of good friends in the real world, but all of you are precious to me as well. After the meetup I hope you become my real life friends as well. :D

I know this might be a bit self serving, but I have been working on something of a surprise for all of you. I'm sure it won't be the best thing ever, but it's just a little something from me to you all.

SweetStuff

Some of us, who know what SweetStuff is talking about, can confirm that it will be spectacular. To add to that, I've also made something for you all: convention badges! :D

Yes, I know this isn't a convention and what not, but we could play the part! It's not the amount of ponies that matter, it's the amount of fun! So, I've picked a different humie for the regulars, plus I have a bag of defaults for anypony else I don't know.

And you know I'll be bringing statues along (those will be sold, sorry; it's not about the money, than getting a sense of things if I'm to make my hobby into a job.)

Last, but not least. Please don't make me do sketches of each of you there. I considered it, but in the end decided I wanted to have fun as well. There's enough homework and drama at school, so I could use a break.

PaintDrop

@all: Well, I'll bring absolutely nothing! Actually, I'll do the opposite! I'll go there and take all your hugs and kisses, plus any food and swag I can get away with, then hoard them in my cave forever! :P

Or something like that.

@CEOWitch: you said no Brushisms, but what will Brush do? What if she breaks and starts jumping at mares instead? Will Fleetfoot be safe? Will you?! What about Princess Luna? Inquisitive minds need to know!

@Brush: love you too, sweetie. :P

MixaMax

@MixaMax: you'll be surprised ;)

MasterOfThisAstra

Locking the thread before we get any more spoilers! :P

LyraHands

Special comment from a user insisting on having a say before the thread is completely locked. Due to the nature of the post I'm keeping her identity hidden.

"Buck you, MixaMax!" - Anonymous

That is all :P

LyraHands

PreviousChapters Next