• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,932 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,932

PreviousChapters Next
Project Butterfly News

Hello, all!

I’d like to make an important announcement. As you know things have been a bit tense lately. Stuff happened in Equestria, a lot of ponies had issues in their personal lives, some had exams, entered into new relationships, changed their lives (or started thinking about it). That, as always, will be part of life.

Don’t worry, I’m not here to go into a dark and depressive post about me. The reason I’m sharing this is because of something that should have been ready a while back, but because of the above mentioned stuff no one remembers anymore. Yes, I’m referring to Project Butterly (you know, the two part fan story presented at CrystalCon, which was supposed to be done and published?).

Since there has been no talk about it, it’s natural that you might have thought it being postponed or even canceled. The truth is that it’s slowly been progressing all this time. With six authors and two magnificent editors it’s normal that it would never stop completely, even if at times it was progressing at a snail’s pace.

By now you might have guessed what I’m about to say, so I’ll just go ahead and say it:

Project Butterfly is officially complete! And did it turn out longer than any of us expected! For those of you wrote have written a few stories, the project turned out close to 120000 words... per volume. Of course, this is a draft state, so it’s probably that 10% words would be cut, but still it’s a lot. And even if I’m the one saying this, I think it turned out pretty decent. :)

What’s left now? RRBB and Twist will probably want to kill me, but it’s up to them to polish the draft and get it in shape. PaintDrop has already started on the cover art (the sketches are great!) and SweetStuff (despite her grumpiness and problems) has recorded four (of ten) songs. :D

With luck the books will hit bookstores in a month or about. I’m sure you’ll hear more from LyraHands and Luna when that takes place. :)

LightSparkle

Oooh, aaaah! Project Butterfly? I heard about that! It’s this great book by those great authors! Definitely will buy! 11/10! Take my money!

@SweetStuff: oooh, songs! Can I have your autograph? Will you put a hoofprint on my shirt? Can I take my picture with you? You’re so great! I love you! :P

RRBB

@RRBB: Stop it.

SweetStuff

I must say that it’s apple picking great! I managed to read part of a draft really secret-like and can honestly say it’s as good as any MC story! Maybe even better! I know I’m mighty fascinated by Simile (heh, she’s my favorite author) and she's written better than I’ve ever seen in the past.

I reckon this will have one of them readings when it’s out? A month away, that’s right after the end of MCE.

JustAHuman

@SweetStuff: no need to be so grouchy. Was just trying to lighten the mood, you know :/ Are you still fighting with your sister?

RRBB

@JustAHuman: How did you read that?! I’ve been asking Twist, Quarters and RRBB non-stop and they still wouldn’t show me! :/ And SweetStuff only had notes on her!

Did Simile snow you?

YouKnowWho

@YouKnowWho: Heh. As nice as it would have been to have Simile bring me a draft...nope. DaBoss showed me a few pages when she came to visit us at the farm. WaterBottle, Big Mac, and I had a mighty pleasant time arguing about it. :) WaterBottle has lots of fancy theories of what the end might be, but they are all wrong.

JustAHuman

@RRBB: sorry... I didn’t mean it. It’s just... I don’t like fighting with my sister. And she doesn’t like it either, but this thing... She just won’t understand that I don’t want to go to Manehattan and keeps insisting that I do.

I’ll go out for a bit.

SweetStuff

Wowie! So this is it? @LightSparkle, this is it, right? It really is big! Like, So much bigger than I thought! When Pinkie told me about it, I thought she was lying *giggle*

Hello, world of Nightlings! So nice to meet you! Especially those who I’ve already seen!

PlayedPiece

*sigh* Everyone, PlayedPiece is a friend of mine who helped me with something so I promised to begin hr to the site. Please be patient with her and... just please be patient, and forgive all the stupid questions. She’s still knew in the fandom and hasn’t read anything other than MCE scroll 4.

@SweetStuff: PM me.

LightSparkle

@LightSparkle: Don’t worry, I’ll take care of things. (Any excuse to get out of the house is welcome!)

@PlayedPiece: Welcome to our part of the aethernet :) I hope LightSparkle has only told you good things about us. :) Feel free to have fun and learn everything there is about Midnight Castle and everything else related :) And don’t worry, despite some posts everypony here is welcoming and will help you with any questions you might have. And if you write you’re certain to get hordes of followers in no time :)

LyraHands

Followers? I love followers! ;))) What do I need to do to get them?

PlayedPiece

@PlayedPiece: *facepalms* Just read some stories, okay? I told you this is a site about stories. And don’t go spamming everyone, okay?

LightSparkle

I can do that. Some of the names are familiar. It’s really funny how they use human mythological names, but get some of them wrong. Should I correct those things? Or just tell the writers about it?

PlayedPiece

Hello, PlayedPiece! So glad to have one of LightSparkle’s friends join. I’m sure you’ll become my favorite person. I have just one question. Are you a male? :)

Brush

Hello, Brush! No, just a girl. You?

PlayedPiece

Aww, a pity. Me too. You sound fun, though :)

Brush

*gasp* You think so? We’ll become besties! ;D Want to come to visit?

PlayedPiece

@PlayedPiece: she will NOT come visit, not will anyone else! Just try to behave as a rational adult, read some stories, follow some comments and stop spamming everyone!!!

LightSparkle

Ouch. Grumpy :/

Brush

Yeah. She’s been like that since she found someone is interested in her, but kid too afraid to commit so that he doesn’t dump her. A real grouch.

PlayedPiece

I can actually see that. Poor LightSparkle...

Brush

Argh! Will you two stop it! *yay*!

LightSparkle

Great... I get the popcorn and then the thread dies :/

Feather

PreviousChapters Next