• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,953 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,953

PreviousChapters Next
Twilight’s Deal PMs

Twilight! I saw him today! The beast was playing with Flurry! In the palace! I thought placing guards would be enough, and both I and Shining kept an eye on her constantly. We left her alone for ten minutes and when I came back he was there!

We have to do something. I thought the friendship rainbow had at least changed him, but he’s exactly the same as before! He just looked at me with those cold eyes and left.

InItForTheShipping

That’s perfectly normal. The Windigo mentioned that he would be visiting you. You have absolutely nothing to worry about.

DarkSparkle

Twilight, do you even hear yourself?! How can you say it’s okay when that monster is in my palace with my little girl?! You of all ponies should know better!

InItForTheShipping

Indeed, I do know better, and that is why I’m telling you there is no danger.

When I went to seek the Windigo out, we came to an arrangement. I used a spell to give him my heart. That’s how I can guarantee he won’t hurt Flurry, since I would never do that. I expect he feels compelled to see her, you, and shining every once in a while. Frankly, I’m surprised it hasn’t happened sooner.

DarkSparkle

You did what?! Are you out of your mind?!?

InItForTheShipping

I assure you, the procedure was successful and had no side effects whatsoever. In fact it felt quite liberating! I could focus so much better now, instead of wasting time with constant distractions, and if I’m to fulfill my end of the deal, I’ll need any advantage I could get.

It would be extremely beneficial if you helped as well. Normally, I wouldn’t risk asking additional help, but seeing you’re just as invested as me, I think it will be fine.

DarkSparkle

Invested?! I don't know what happened to you, but I won’t let the Windigo hurt anypony else! I’ll fight him myself before that happens!

InItForTheShipping

You cannot win. We cast the strongest magic known on him and he still wasn’t affected. Even if you could match that spell you won’t achieve anything.

It is better suited that we do as he requested and find out what was done to him all that time ago. So far I managed to convince him the my mentor and Princess Luna have no memory of the event, but even that is not a solution. The fault might have lied in king Sombra, or not. Regardless, we have slightly more than a month to find out or he’ll start freezing cities starting from the dragonlands and continuing up until only the Crystal Empire is left. For some reason he’s set on leaving that for last.

DarkSparkle

I’m telling Celestia for your own good! As long as in you’re in this state you’re a danger to yourself and others. I promise I’ll do the impossible to restore you to what you were, and then we’ll deal with the Windigo.

InItForTheShipping

That would be most unfortunate. If the Windigo feels like he’s being targeted he’ll start freezing towns at random even before the deadline is over. That is part of the agreement we made. If he attacks at random I won’t have any way to counter. This way perfect fairness could be achieved.

DarkSparkle

You mean that if someone attacks him he’ll consider this as a provocation and will freeze innocent ponies just like that?!

InItForTheShipping

He didn’t specify. Maybe he’ll just freeze the town’s and keep the inhabitants intact. In the end it wouldn’t amount to much. If he freezes the whole of Equestria there wouldn’t be anywhere for ponies to live. Other creatures as well, of course. Everything will become like the frozen north. Possibly Discord might survive, and LightSparkle.

DarkSparkle

All that and you don’t even know what he wants? Does he even know?

InItForTheShipping

I’m not sure. I think I knew when I gave him my heart. Maybe i imagined things, though. I know he doesn’t know for sure... or maybe he did. I know it has to do with me, and Princess Celestia, and you.

I’ve also figured out there’s some connection with the Crystal Empire. It all seems to have started from there.

DarkSparkle

LightSparkle said as much. She found someone who was unaffected by the amnesia spell cast on Equestria. Of course, that was before the fall of Sombra, so there still are things missing.

If we help the Windigo, as he asked, will you get your heart back?

InItForTheShipping

I will, provided I grant him his vengeance. Rest assured, though, whoever is involved, you and your family will not be harmed. That’s part of the reason I let him have my heart. He feels too strongly to do any harm. Even if all Equestria is covered in ice, you three will survive.

DarkSparkle

I know you can’t understand this right now, but that’s not survival. That’s monstrous.

InItForTheShipping

I suspect you are right, but cannot confirm it. Either way, our focus should be on finding out more about him. Namely:

What happened between him and Princess Celestia?
Why is he the only surviving Windigo of his kind?
How I am involved in all of this?
(Optionally) How do we grow a heart to eliminate the need of mine?

Personally, I wouldn’t mind if we ignore the last one.

DarkSparkle

You’re the only pony in the whole of reality who’d say that.

Right now I must warn LightSparkle to stop with her plan to capture the Windigo. She has no idea of the consequences.

InItForTheShipping

That wouldn’t be wise. Knowing her, that will only increase her resolve. In the end she’ll do it anyway, and in all likelihood whatever plan she comes up with will have a three percent chance of success at most.

DarkSparkle

But you said yourself he’ll start freezing cities if he feels threatened!

InItForTheShipping

True, but if LightSparkle is left unaware there’s a high chance the Windigo doesn’t see her as a threat and ignores her.

Now, will you help me with my research?

DarkSparkle

Cadence?

DarkSparkle

Yes.

What do you need?

InItForTheShipping

I want you to reopen the Sombra library in your palace. There are some things I want to read there.

DarkSparkle

PreviousChapters Next