• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,945 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,945

PreviousChapters Next
Difficult Decision

Girls and guys, I know this isn't what many want to hear, but I'm thinking adding a new rule to the site. We have been using it to help ponies and others all over Equestria and that’s wonderful, but it's starting to be more of that and less of Midnight Castle.

The worst part is that because of that the site is being perverted to be used to terrify everyone. :( The Windigo used the site to get in touch with Twilight. He knew about the readings and the that would attract her here, not to mention the involvement of the princesses and the site.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I was terrified. I even said the most stupid thing possible in an attempt to make things better, even if I knew I couldn't. It's plain and simple: I overestimated myself! I overestimated my site and I thought that because I live a fantasy I could have the same effect in the real world.

Thus I want to return to the time the site was used for MC and maybe some personal drama, but not this… I never meant it to become this.

LyraHands

Lyra, it is understandable you feel as you do, but let me remind you that thanks to the site and some quick thinking of the members, the Windigo was defeated. True, if the whole thing was avoided, it would have been much better, but under the circumstances things worked out in the best possible way.

I am the first who’ll agree with you that real life and Midnight Castle must be kept separate, but to stop the Nightling help network, is a bit extreme and unproductive.

Just my two bits. Whatever you decide I will support you.

The TechNightling

You've always been nice. You all have. Far more than I deserve. This was a wakeup call. The Nightling network provides help, but it shouldn't be run by amateurs such as us. Even with the best intentions we are not specialists and often do more harm than good.

I will keep the link, but I, thinking that it would be for the better to transfer ownership of it to Luna. She will know how to make better use of it.

LyraHands

Sweetie… :(

I understand what you're saying and I’ll agree. Maybe it is better for someone more qualified to handle this. Not only because of the ponies that need it, but us as well. Going from crisis to crisis comes with unimaginable stress. I don't know how DarkSparkle manages to keep it together, but even she deals with one problem at a time. The site opens us to dozens, even hundreds of problems and it doesn't even take a major catastrophe to make somepony crack. The Griffinstone attack now this in the space of a few weeks… Our lives, yours especially, have enough complications as as it is without putting the weight of weight of Equestria on our backs.

If there's something we can help, we will. If there's something we can do to make a difference, we will! Yet we mustn't be full time. If that was the reason you would have started another type of site. You still can, but that is your choice, not a requirement as it is now.

CodeFilly

Hmm. Are you sure, Lyra?

I mean, we did a lot today! Without the plan we came up with not only we, but the Elements themselves would be in trouble. I think we should keep doing what we're doing. I was there, I saw it unfold, and I knew exactly how helpless everyone felt!

Our plan was a one in a thousand chance’ but it was the only one we had and it worked. Without the site thing would have been very very different.

HopHop

Hop, I know you were the only open for us there, but what if something had gone wrong? If it wasn't for the site would this have happened? We cornered the Windigo and drove him to attack larger targets, when we started to clean up after him, he attacks us… he attacked a reading of foals! We were lucky he didn't harm anyone! What if he had decided to freeze all of Ponyville!?

No, this is not what the site was about. I go so carried away. Who did I think I am?

LyraHands

Hop, Lyra is right. We weren't there, but also you weren't here. Do you know what the mood was? There were groups actively organizing to go down to Ponyville and fight the Windigo. Not only in Canterlot. The network is great for many things, but that's not one of them. Even if there are professional therapists, can we expect them to help everypony all the time?

Also, what will happen if something goes wrong? Like now? Do you think Lyra wanted to not take care of others? (Sorry for putting words in your mouth, Lyra, but I want to make a point.)

If there are cracks they will grow and in the end ponies will get hurt or quit, until the site is no more. We have something special, I think 'this time to take a step back. We can help Equestria, that much is clear and everyone wants it, but not at the expense of ourselves.

MightyDragon

Hop, I'm sorry, I just can't continue this path. I love you. You are one of my best friends but I just can't bear to continue with this. :(

LyraHands

Hey, don't worry! I never said I'd be mad at you. Those were just my thoughts. You're my friend and you know I'll stay by you no matter what. I'm here, aren't I? If I didn't think anything of you and the site I wouldn't be :)

And yeah, I was scared, but hey. It's not the first time, I'll tell you he was no Tirek. :D

HopHop

Thank you. I'm just not feeling well right now. I'll go rest a bit. Thank you. And I'm so sorry for everything.

LyraHands

I shall make the ruling. I have a reputation anyway. You get all the rest you need. Candle sends you her best.

From next week the site will be back to its usual state. I shall make sure of that.

The TechNightling

PreviousChapters Next