• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,953 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,953

PreviousChapters Next
CrystalCon -6

Okay, everypony! The convention is six days away so it's time to start organizing stuff. Usually, I don't get involved with transport, but this time I decided to get on with it :)

After some talk, and a lot of help from DarkSparkle, we've managed to arrange for a train for ourselves. The only catch is that we'll have to be on the train at a specific time. Anypony going before or after will have to take care of their own way of transport.

So, what is the best time, do you think? I'll be going to the event early so I wont be able to join you, but DaBoss has promised to keep an eye on things for me.

LyraHands

@LyraHands: sounds cool, but I've decided to go there in a balloon. Quarters’ mother has agreed to lend hers so Quarters, dumdum, myself, and squishy will be on it. (@Quarters: am only kidding about dumdum. He's your date, after all).

@Brush, @MixaMax: any of you being there?

RRBB

@RRBB: He's not as stupid as you think. :/

Quarters

@RRBB: Sorry, i’ll be flying there with AwesomePony, Lurking, 2ndHalf, CEO, and the Wonderbolts. I'll also be taking Angel (poor thing, I just could t ear him getting lost like last time.)

Brush

I'll be teleporting thee! Am so excited :D

Actually, no. I'll be flying as well (also very excited) though I'll be starting from Canterlot directly. Guess I'll see most of you there for the first time. I must say I'm nervous, scared, and looking forward to this.

Simile

@Simile: pease tell me mom’s not flying you there :/ If it’s Blueblood is fine.

@LyraHands: I can take care of that. I'll be in Ponyville the day before so I could be in charge of the train. Will also give me a chance to look about the city and meet ponies before the event. (I also bought tons of clothes. My friend is just insane. When she heard it was about a convention she went crazy.)

LightSparkle

@LyraHands: but I wanted to organize things… :(

DarkSparkle

@DarkSparkle: if you remember, me, Jade, you, and Awesome were going early as well? -.-

If you ditch us to organize yet another thing, I'll be very upset! :/

MixaMax

Hey, girls.

Sorry for being a jerk a while back. I said and did some things that were terribly lame. Still, am back now and help make this convention the best one ever! Also, I'll be cosplaying as Danny :D

AwesomePony

@AwesomePony: RRBB started drooling beside me. That means you're doing something right.

Short&Hoofy

@DarkSparkle: don't worry, there will be things to organize at the event :)

@LightSparkle: that will be great! I'll try to catch you before I go. Then I'll finally solve the mystery where I know you from! *dramatic music* Actually, I know, but will be great seeing you :) Did you bring me gloves?

LyraHands

@all: I'll be organizing a trip from Canterlot, so please get in touch with me before the end of the week. We’ll be taking a train as well. Blueblood, however, won't be on it. He decided to go separately with his girlfriend at the very last minute. (Sorry to disappoint all the eager mares. You'll still get a chance to see him at CrystalCon. :))

@PrinceEric: please see if there's anypony else from Cloudsdale that needs transport, okay? I'll send somepony to pick you up to Canterlot as usual.

Luna

@LightSparkle: it's neither O:)

Simile

@Luna: Okay! There a lot of ponies in my school that are getting into MC, but not sure what their plans are. I'll check.

PrinceEric

@Simile: you only try to look innocent when you've done something really bad… :/ Please tell me it's not what I think it is!

LightSparkle

@LightSparkle: I regret nothing! :P

Simile

@LyraHands: I know, it's just that… organizing. I guess I'll leave LightSparkle to take care of things.

Spike, make sure there are enough snacks, okay? And water! I don't want anyone to get dehydrated on the trip there.

DarkSparkle

Well, I'm already here, so will be waiting, I guess.

Interesting fact. Turns out that a few of my subordinates are into MC as well, some I would have never guessed. And I'm not talking about MightyDragon, who definitely should let Flurry play with O&O miniatures! :/

Seriously, bro? Those things are a choking hazard.

SaltyHuman

Oops? O:)

Kidding! Just kidding! Everything is fine. I am always there, remember? She was just having fun. I think she inherited the geek gene ;)

MightyDragon

Good afternoon, everyone.

This might come as a surprise, but I'll be attending the event as well with my husband. He and Brush finally convinced me to go. I'll admit I was skeptical about it initially, but now find myself looking forward to it. It's always a joy to find new talent, and it will also be a good opportunity to unwind a bit.

@LyraHands, @MixaMax, @HopHop: we’ll finally have time to catch up.

See you there soon,

Octavia

@Octavia: Yay! :) Do you want a panel or anything? I can still organize something.

LyraHands

@LyraHands: It's much appreciated, but I prefer to be in the audience for once. That said it will be difficult enough keeping an eye on my husband. He goes a bit wild at such events.

Octavia

I'll be there, but still not sure about my transport.

TheRealLuna

Well, guess who volunteered to help organize the trip. Yep, that's right—my sister. And to make it worse she'll be hogging LightSparkle all day the day before (she's going on about clothes and stuff.) :/

@ForceFeedback: Want to come over?

SweetStuff

This is forming out to be the best convention ever! Well, it's the first, but it's way bigger than the meetup and we’ll get to see lots of Nightlings from all over Equestria! @The TechNightling, @Candle, @Feather, haven't heard anything from you. You'll still make it, right?

LyraHands

@LyraHands: the flock is all set! HappyG is annoyingly cheerful about it, but other than that all's good.

Feather

@LyraHands: Of course we’ll be there.

On another note, my apologies for being mostly absent lately. I have been making arrangements to change jobs, which hasn't been easy. Starting next month I'll be moving to Manehattan at a startup company dealing with aethernet development. All in all, it's a fancy way of saying I'll be doing the same, but for slightly more money.

I'm also in the process of buying a house for myself and Candle, so there's that takes considerable time as well.

That said will be a pleasure to see everyone.

Be safe and responsible,

The TechNightling

…well, my family has 3 houses there! (Just joking.)

See you soon, Tech.

RRBB

PreviousChapters Next